[PGT] Jets at Canucks

1 hour ago, canucks curse said:

I would also love to get a brief look at silos like 3 games 

I would also like to see if the Canucks team can lock a game down to "protect" a less experienced goalie ie up their defensive game which is only good for playoff mentality..the pieces of the puzzle are falling into place friends for a good run at the cup this year

Edited by testycal

On 3/9/2024 at 10:39 PM, drdeath said:

For what it's worth Francesco was telling a fan he thinks it's Demko's knee.

Had him in my elevator post game. 

2 hours ago, drdeath said:

Am I officially an insider now?

Yes, a good one at that. 

Your code name will be “Otis”.

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Not the worst news but not the best either. I've looked at that play over and over and if it wasn't a groin, sure is hard to figure out what.

Doubt we get much more info for a while. Too bad for sure. 

could have pulled his hamstring, that would be my guess 

Poor Demmer, hope he heals up smoothly. 

Definitely call up Silvos and get him some games. Curious to see how he does with a more structured team in front of him. Will also be a good test to see if he's able to take on the backup role next year. 

If it goes well then Silvos can be the backup for a couple years to Demko and hopefully after that he can step into the starter position. 

• Cheers 1

So looks like Demmer will likely miss the rest of the homestand if it's 2-3 weeks. Possibly could come back against Dallas/Anahiem if he heals well, but don't want to rush him! Get healthy, and let DeSmith get a good run of games here.

I doubt Silovs gets any game time while he's up here, but will be a nice bump in pay for him and some good practice time with the team!

3 minutes ago, tas said:

people continuing to put faith in the oilers breaks my brain. 

I was going to say Oilers on top and us above the Avs. I mean, we might be above the Avs, but Avs should definitely be ahead of Soilers

17 minutes ago, drdeath said:

Otis accepts this moniker but only if he can refer to himself in the third person. 

Good thinking Otis. That will help maintain your anonymity which is crucial.

Be forewarned Otis…there will be many ups and downs being an NHL insider. 
People will push your buttons and bang on your door. Hopefully you can ride it out. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

I was going to say Oilers on top and us above the Avs. I mean, we might be above the Avs, but Avs should definitely be ahead of Soilers

don't trust their leadership, don't trust their defense, don't trust their goaltending and definitely don't trust their coaching.

edmonton is a first round exit. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

It's like nobody can comprehend that it takes more than 2 great players to win a cup, no matter how great those 2 are.

didn't you hear? they brought in adam henriquenot to mention troy stecher and some other retread they're already scratching. 

• Haha 2

The amount of meatriding the sports media does on a sub par Oilers team with a porous defense is hilarious. They're best overall defenseman is Mattias Ekholm, and their best offensive defenseman is Evan Bouchard. They added Adam Henrique, Sam Carrick, and Troy Stecher. That is nowhere hear enough to beat the Canucks at all. 

4 minutes ago, tas said:

didn't you hear? they brought in adam henriquenot to mention troy stecher and some other retread they're already scratching. 

The oilers have a pretty solid lineup top to bottom and skinner is playing pretty well.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

The oilers have a pretty solid lineup top to bottom and skinner is playing pretty well.

Yes, they are pretty solid, and Skinner is playing pretty well.

That's not gonna cut it though. Other teams are really solid and have goalies that are playing really well. I'd put the Canucks in that group.

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The amount of meatriding the sports media does on a sub par Oilers team with a porous defense is hilarious. They're best overall defenseman is Mattias Ekholm, and their best offensive defenseman is Evan Bouchard. They added Adam Henrique, Sam Carrick, and Troy Stecher. That is nowhere hear enough to beat the Canucks at all. 

Statistically they have been one of the best teams defensively this year. FWIW

2 weeks id 4 games for Demko.  We will be just fine, lots of time for hs game to round into form.  Desmith will pick us up a few points, we have been solid as of late.

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

sure, right now he is. 

they don't concern me.