I'd say my very objective Cup odds are:

1) Colorado

2) Dallas

3) Florida

4) Vancouver

5) NY Rangers

6) Boston

7) Edmonton

This is more realistic. And you can toss the Vegas Cap Cirucumvators up near the top, as well. 

I'm glad we didn't sell the farm for Jake G or Hanifan. With the talent coming up behind Hogs and Pods is going to  be great. I think by keeping our core prospects together I believe we'll be relevant for the post season for the next few years. We need to develop Another goalie for sure. We need to photocopy everything that Gonchar and Foote are doing so we can keep doing that,  after they are asked to go elsewhere.  

We've got a lot of smaller forwards so I would definitely get them weight training in the off season.  

And add a big fast nasty forward in the off season.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I'm glad we didn't sell the farm for Jake G or Hanifan. With the talent coming up behind Hogs and Pods is going to  be great. I think by keeping our core prospects together I believe we'll be relevant for the post season for the next few years. We need to develop Another goalie for sure. We need to photocopy everything that Gonchar and Foote are doing so we can keep doing that,  after they are asked to go elsewhere.  

We've got a lot of smaller forwards so I would definitely get them weight training in the off season.  

And add a big fast nasty forward in the off season.

And a winger for Petey.

• Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Depends on the opponent.  Oils or VGK, I would be happy for him.   

Hey if it’s not us I could be happy for him. Any team in the league would be glad to have him at the bargain basement rate of $2.5M. It’s not his fault that “his contract sucks” and we couldn’t afford to keep him. I’d also be pretty stoked for Strombone!

5 hours ago, Steamer4GM said:

Pretty weak to attack a fellow fan's language skills when you likely know nothing of their background. I'm certain a large part of our community here are in fact ESL speakers.

Fact is, the intent of his post is entirely clear, which is all that really matters, so there was no need for your post.

Next time, maybe just send the member a PM helping them correct whatever mistakes you're picking up on instead of trying to look cool and get a laugh by shaming them publicly.

Some of us are EFL (as in fourth) 🙂 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Strawbone said:

Yes, they are pretty solid, and Skinner is playing pretty well.

That's not gonna cut it though. Other teams are really solid and have goalies that are playing really well. I'd put the Canucks in that group.

But, aside from the Ave, no one has a player who can control a game by himself.

• Like 1

While we wait for Wednesday and the DeSmith start, I present the following

2010 - 2011 Team (91 pts)                               and of course this year for our beloved Canucks

image.png.bde4c26589fa4310d1cca5cc2ce5d615.png       image.png.61e8a489e3940c2129e8b0bdb98c6a5a.png

My money is on Silvos being called up and the dark horse guess is Silvos plays 1 game and then sent down for Tolopilo being called up as a reward and perhaps even a sheltered game for a taste of the NHL ... but then, that is just the world according to me. 

Tolopilo last 9 GP: .915 save percentage and 2.65 goals-against-average
Silovs last 9 GP: .922 save percentage, a 2.33 goals-against-average, and one shutout

Source: https://canucksarmy.com/news/monday-mailbag-tolopilo-versus-silovs-dakota-joshuas-return-black-ace-consideration-more

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We have Hughes. Avs have Makar. Soilers have McWhiner Baby. 

There's MCD and there's everyone else......no matter how people feel about him, he is the best player on the planet.  The only one who even comes close is Makinnon

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

There's MCD and there's everyone else......no matter how people feel about him, he is the best player on the planet.  The only one who even comes close is Makinnon

Nope. McWhiner Baby will not impact a game to the extent Hughes and Makar can. He’s a selfish play too who cheats for offence. He will never lead a club to the Cup. He’s at the Dionne level. Lots of points but never a winner. 

For a bit of context, the 2010 - 2011 team went on a bit of a tear from game 67 - game 82 going 13-3-0 earning a 26 out of a possible 32 points. GO CANUCKS GO!

2010 - 2011 Season                                                                                 For comparison, our remaining schedule 

image.png.78d128502ccc0ddb67755ee6ede7bdcb.png    image.png.328eec17965b53bcf84edbd46d3894b7.png

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, stawns said:

The oilers have a pretty solid lineup top to bottom and skinner is playing pretty well.

They have two NHL quality defencemen in Ekholm and Stecher, and have a locker room cancer wearing the C.

• Haha 1