[PGT] Jets at Canucks

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

McDavid didn’t have much to play with when he arrived in Edmonton. Yes, there have been other fast forwards but McD has been superior with what he can do at that high speed. None of the greats, including Gretzky, ever generated the ppg off that kind of speed. 

Bure…

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stawns said:

He's not "a" great player, he "the" great player, whether you like him or that or not. He is one of the very few generational players to come along who changed how the game is played.  To say differently is ridiculous

People said those exact same things about gretzky

I don’t think he’s changed the way the game is played he just plays the game differently because of his skill set…

He simply does things at higher speeds… That’s about it… The game has changed around him because of the way the game is officiated these days which allows him to do the things he’s doing at high speeds… There’s less obstruction less interference which gives him time and space to fly as fast as he can unobstructed…

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coryberg said:

The officials were given 3 new rules because of him. 

-if McDavid pouts... give the other team a penalty 

-if McDavid gets bumped....give the other team a penalty 

-if McDavid falls down and someone is within 6 feet...give the other team a penalty 

But Oilers fans are adamant he never gets any calls remember???

• Haha 1

We all applauded when Joshua went after the guy who hit one of the Canucks players somewhat illegally. What did this cost us? Joshua has been out since then and obviously longer yet. Didn't we have a defenseman named Ferland (or something like that) who got in a fight and was concussed AND HAS NEWVER RETURNED!  I remember playing rugby and having our standoff hit illegally. Two minutes later he went around the guy who hit him and scored a try. Walking by him he said, "That was for the hit". Is there another way to let the opposition know that what they have done should not happen without getting in a fight and losing time from the game, or getting brain damage later on after to many hits in the head?

20 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Crazy that the Canucks would prioritize signing Myers over Zadorov.  

If they do, thats a mistake.  Myers has been better but would rather have z in playoffs.  I like his mean streak!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Crazy that the Canucks would prioritize signing Myers over Zadorov.  

Why would you speculate that garbage.Might be time to give our management some love and trust.Can you for a moment believe they would do something amateurish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Feel like Suter is wasted with Pete where someone like Lafferty or Pod Pete Hoglander might generate similar value or better but allow Suter to bring more value to another line like he has with Miller or our 4th with Blueger. 

12 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

Why would you speculate that garbage.Might be time to give our management some love and trust.Can you for a moment believe they would do something amateurish.

I'm not speculating, was listening to 650 and they were saying it.    Canucks Talk 1st hour.  And I thought it was garbage too when I heard them say it. 

Edited by Pure961089
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Where are you getting that idea from? I think that Zadorov is a priority over Myers. 

Only the fans hate Myers the players and coaches love him. We can dig up LHD who can sorta play right Soucy Cole Zad but Myers is as good or better than any of them and actually shoots right. He's also a Canuck through n through he's a big part of our team. He's mentored a lot of our young guys.

2 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Only the fans hate Myers the players and coaches love him. We can dig up LHD who can sorta play right Soucy Cole Zad but Myers is as good or better than any of them and actually shoots right. He's also a Canuck through n through he's a big part of our team. He's mentored a lot of our young guys.

He may be popular in the room but the other three you mentioned,,especially soucy,,  i would take over myers

4 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I'm not speculating, was listening to 650 and they were saying it.    Canucks Talk 1st hour.  And I thought it was garbage too when I heard them say it. 

650 makes up shit all the time. They need traffic to their station and will discuss things, real or made up, ad nauseum. Based on what Alvin has done, I think he'll do his best to sign Zadorov first and then talk to Myers second. Both players are flourishing under Tocchet, Gonchar, and especially Foote, and a team would want to do their best to retain players of that size, who can play. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Only the fans hate Myers the players and coaches love him.

Not all fans hate him. The coaching staff have instituted a far stronger structure than this team has had for a while. Every player on the team has benefitted from that clearly. Players and coaches love Soucy and Zadorov too. 

6 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

We can dig up LHD who can sorta play right Soucy Cole Zad but Myers is as good or better than any of them and actually shoots right.

Myers isn't better than Soucy or Zadorov. Soucy plays with far more composure than Myers, and Zadorov brings a more defined physical edge to his game. The fact that he's a natural right-handed player works in his favor, as does his size, and ability to jump up in the rush. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Feel like Suter is wasted with Pete where someone like Lafferty or Pod Pete Hoglander might generate similar value or better but allow Suter to bring more value to another line like he has with Miller or our 4th with Blueger. 

Podkolzen and Hoglander are both left wingers (I believe)...they both shoot left anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Podkolzen and Hoglander are both left wingers (I believe)...they both shoot left anyway. 

But so is Suter so I guess it doesn't matter. LOL 

Suter can take faceoffs it Petey get thrown out I suppose

Edited by Blitz-Pix

39 minutes ago, Cocanuck said:

He may be popular in the room but the other three you mentioned,,especially soucy,,  i would take over myers

being important in the room is honestly as important as the on-ice contribution. chemistry is everything.