[PGT] Jets at Canucks

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Where are you getting that idea from? I think that Zadorov is a priority over Myers. 

It's just 650 banter. Although Myers agent was on donnie and dhali after petey signed and said that Tyler wants to stay with the team and realizes his contract will look a lot different.  I'm guessing he takes cole/soucy money to stay.

28 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Podkolzen and Hoglander are both left wingers (I believe)...they both shoot left anyway. 

So does Pius (Shoot left).

Don't get me wrong I really like Pius. All I'm suggesting is that Pete + Hoglander could benifit more from a crash bang forchecker. Suter has been a swiss army knife though. He's been great everywhere. Big Santorelli energy. I mean that as a complement. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I just read this....

McDavid is the first player to win back-to-back NHL Fastest Skater competitions and the first to win three – and he did so consecutively. His three winning totals are the first, second and fourth times in the event all-time at 13.310, 13.378, and 13.454.

And yet our very own Mikheyev, while playing for the Leafs,  not only chased him down goal line to goal line but dispossessed him of the puck.  What does that say about Mik?

Edited by Googlie
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

One of the best and longest pressers Tocchet has ever given. He knows where they are and doesn't sound like he'll do anything but prepare them for

the playoffs, making sure everyone is as healthy as possible / Never know, maybe Demko sees playoff hockey on time. 

I was surprised the injury was as bad as it was. I remember him skating off pretty quickly and I though shouldn't be too bad / Yikes, man was I wrong.

Ready for playoffs, maybe. hopefully.

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

And yet our very own Mikheyev, while playing for the Leafs,  not only chased him down goal line to goal line but dispossessed him of the puck.  What does that say about Mik?

It says Mik is fast, however not overall good enough to get himself to an Allstar game to see if he could win the fastest skater award?

Did i get it right?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It says Mik is fast, however not overall good enough to get himself to an Allstar game to see if he could win the fastest skater award?

Did i get it right?

Exactly 

ofc that was in a straight line.  With the one lap format in the skills comp, edgework in the corners is crucial, and McD certainly has the edge there (pun intended)

That's where Gartner excelled.  I remember him saying he accelerated into the corners then catapulted out,, for his speed

Edited by Googlie

29 minutes ago, Googlie said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coryberg said:

It's just 650 banter. Although Myers agent was on donnie and dhali after petey signed and said that Tyler wants to stay with the team and realizes his contract will look a lot different.  I'm guessing he takes cole/soucy money to stay.

I'd really hope management entertains free agency before giving Myers 3mil. Dude is flatly a wild card. When he's on he's fine, when he isn't he's an anchor. There's a reason he's called the chaos giraffe. I'd rather have someone with less upside, but far less downside. Steady options who will keep pucks outta our net. Not have the propensity to have wicked assists to the other team. His faults far outweight his upside imo.

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Hilarious to hear Tocchet say that players are more willing to block a shot for a goalie they like.  

Probably true though... no doubt you're more likely to go to war for a person you like, than a dirt bag you despise 

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Hilarious to hear Tocchet say that players are more willing to block a shot for a goalie they like.  

but also kind of a no-brainer. these are human beings and coworkers, after all. 

• Cheers 1

• Jess unfeatured and unpinned this topic
3 minutes ago, tas said:

but also kind of a no-brainer. these are human beings and coworkers, after all. 

6 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Probably true though... no doubt you're more likely to go to war for a person you like, than a dirt bag you despise 

For a coach to say that though is a different thing.  Tocchet is a great interview.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

For a coach to say that though is a different thing.  Tocchet is a great interview.  

I freaking love Tocchet... he is such a breath of fresh air... Good honest pressers, without the need of throwing anyone under the bus...and yet he still gets his message through... No drama on the bench, no challenging every decision but instead building the team to get better.

And he has a great understanding of what makes players tick... Petey, our most prized possession sign an extension, so he must be satisfied, Millers leadership qualities has been brought to the front under Tocchet, Boeser is suddenly a positive commodity, etc etc ... (Not naming Hughes, as he would fit in under any coach)... but the list is endless... 

It all stems from JR through PA and all the way through the system... They seem to be one happy family... long may it continue.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

This is why I would love to see a change to the all star format. Still pick the best players for the all star game, but allow the conferences to select other players for the skills competitions.

I want to know who’s the fastest in the NHL, not the fastest all star. I believe there were many players over the years who could have beat out the winners if given a chance, but because they’re all round game wasn’t superstar level, they weren’t given a chance.

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Tocchet is a great interview. 

absolutely no argument there. let's hope vancouver media doesn't harp on him enough that he clams up entirely like what happens with every other coach this team has had. 

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

I don’t think he’s changed the way the game is played he just plays the game differently because of his skill set…

He simply does things at higher speeds… That’s about it… The game has changed around him because of the way the game is officiated these days which allows him to do the things he’s doing at high speeds… There’s less obstruction less interference which gives him time and space to fly as fast as he can unobstructed…

Most new players are now in the mold of mcd......high end skill, exceptional speed and the ability to process at those speeds.  Officiating has changed to accommodate that skill set

9 hours ago, HKSR said:

Yeah I have no idea what he's talking about.  Bure did exactly what McDavid does.  If anything, you can see that the rules clearly changed in 2005-06 (coincidentally the year after the lockout).  In fact, when you dig into it, 2005-06 was the 1st year that the league began to crack down on clutching and grabbing.  RULE CHANGE.  The goals per game average spiked in 2005-06 to 3.08 GPG (was 2.57 the season prior).  This current season, the GPG is 3.11, almost the same level as back in 2005-06. 

If ANYBODY changed the way the game was played (if the standard is rule changes), it's Sidney Crosby.  Rookie year for Sidney Crosby?  2005-06.

I’ll take a prime Crosby over a prime McDavid any day of the week.  I don’t care how fast McDavid can skate.  Gretzky didn’t need to skate fast to score almost 900 goals and almost 3000 points.