Ryan Johnson promoted to AGM, Cammi Granato and Émilie Castonguay extended

Good on the organization to promote RJ and extend Cammie and Emilie. Good work deserves recognition and they've been great for us. 

I'm all for promotions within organizations. JR stepping down as Prez and peeps moving up seems a logical progression. It's somewhat different in that JR's retiring (Whenever that happens!) as opposed to being fired. All to often that's the case and a hasty hire ensues  (Trevor Linden!) or an interim steps in ala Nonis post Burkey. (But Nonis did alright with us.)

If the plan is indeed what Flipper suggests. I'm all for it. I mean it's all dependant on all involved and even JR. I'm sure Aquaman would have his say too. But I'm jumpin' the gun here.

Good moves JR and co.!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sativika said:

Good on the organization to promote RJ and extend Cammie and Emilie. Good work deserves recognition and they've been great for us. 

I'm all for promotions within organizations. JR stepping down as Prez and peeps moving up seems a logical progression. It's somewhat different in that JR's retiring (Whenever that happens!) as opposed to being fired. All to often that's the case and a hasty hire ensues  (Trevor Linden!) or an interim steps in ala Nonis post Burkey. (But Nonis did alright with us.)

If the plan is indeed what Flipper suggests. I'm all for it. I mean it's all dependant on all involved and even JR. I'm sure Aquaman would have his say too. But I'm jumpin' the gun here.

Good moves JR and co.!

It's just nice to see consistency in this teams management, and they're also doing a great job.

8 hours ago, Petey the Puck Whisperer said:

Why does Vancouver need 3 AGM's + sedin AGMS. Thats 4 AGM's more than any(almost any?) team. I really dont see why the 2 girls were hired not that they've done anything wrong or anything.

Henrik and Daniel aren't AGMs so not sure why you bring them up in this discussion. It also doesn't take a whole lot of research to figure out what Emilie and Cammi are responsible for on this team. Maybe take 2 minutes and do a google search before questioning why we would hire someone. 

Although most teams don't run with 3 AGMs I think its more important to look at results rather than question the structure compared to others. Remember, the previous leadership team "ran out of time" when trying to make decisions that stopped at one desk. Maybe spreading out the workload and decision making to highly skilled people and trusting them to do their jobs is what is contributing to success on the ice both in the NHL & AHL. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Petey the Puck Whisperer said:

Why does Vancouver need 3 AGM's + sedin AGMS. Thats 4 AGM's more than any(almost any?) team. I really dont see why the 2 girls were hired not that they've done anything wrong or anything.

Could care less if they are girls, boys or sailors with wooden legs... anything and anyone that makes us a better team all the way through are more than welcome in my book.

And who cares if they have 4 AGMs more than any other team? If they feel it helps the team/organisation keep hiring... 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Flipper said:

Maybe they don’t lose Johnson, maybe in a couple years Rutherford retires, Allvin moves to President of Hockey ops and Johnson takes over our GM job? 

Good thinking... 

It might very well be on the cards... 

Could also be they just want to show Johnson they value him highly.