[GDT] Colorado @ Vancouver - Wednesday, March 13th - 7:30pt/10:30et - SNP, SN650.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Agreed.  Needs to be an automatic suspension for the refs working the game too.  The corruption from these dirtbags is endangers the safety of the players.

Yes , Except it’s league mandated so they’ll probably get a bonus if they can “game management ” the right team to a win. (Aside from their winnings on bet 360) 

run the odds up then step in to maximize the return.

betting on the nhl is pretty close to betting on the WWF or whatever wrestling is called now. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I wish Momesso destroyed he who shall not be named.

If Sergio had of crashed his testicles instead of his voice box maybe none of this would have happened. 

It's just another instance of Canucks getting screwed over. If this is Zadorov with the elbow on McKinnon the refs wouldn't hesitate to give out 5 and a game.  You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.   

• Like 3

NHL Rule 48 – Illegal Check to the Head;

48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A hit resulting in contact with an opponent’s head where the head was the main point of contact and such contact to the head was avoidable is not permitted.

In determining whether contact with an opponent's head was avoidable, the circumstances of the hit including the following shall be considered:

(i) Whether the player attempted to hit squarely through the opponent’s body and the head was not "picked" as a result of poor timing, poor angle of approach, or unnecessary extension of the body upward or outward.

(ii) Whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position by assuming a posture that made head contact on an otherwise full body check unavoidable.

(iii) Whether the opponent materially changed the position of his body or head immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit in a way that significantly contributed to the head contact.

48.2 Minor Penalty – For violation of this rule, a minor penalty shall be assessed.

48.3 Major Penalty – There is no provision for a major penalty for this rule. 

48.4 Game Misconduct Penalty – There is no provision for a game misconduct for this rule.

48.5 Match Penalty – The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a match penalty if, in his judgment, the player attempted to or deliberately injured his opponent with an illegal check to the head. If deemed appropriate, supplementary discipline can be applied by the Commissioner at his discretion.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pure961089 said:

It's just another instance of Canucks getting screwed over. If this is Zadorov with the elbow on McKinnon the refs wouldn't hesitate to give out 5 and a game.  You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.   

No kidding.  Its not even an exaggeration.  It's painfully true.

5 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I don't think he thought it was a good hit. Looked like he knew right away he fucked up. 

He did know because he did it intentionally. Which is what enrages me. 

He had no response to JT so .... let's go full A(valance)hole.

Takes me back....why I hate this scumshitbowl of a team. JT's got dignity so he didn't lay on the ice pretending he had broken bone and forcing the refs to do their jobs.

Sometimes I really hate this game.

F the Av's and their pathetic cheating ways when they're not the golden f'n boys that they think they are.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I'm so mad right now I can barely breathe.

The penalty is an illegal check to the head. So why is he allowed to stay in the game? If they're serious about eliminating head shots, that's how you do it...you throw his ass out and suspend him.

Tossing him is also doing him a favour, in it removes the beating he is in for later, no doubt.

• Cheers 1

So no checking video for infractions unless it’s against the Nucks? Pretty sure they wanted the right call when Myers got booted. I hate pointing fingers at the refs for poor decisions cause it’s a fast game but everyone from Tsawwassen to Burns Lake could see that head shot unfold. 

• Like 2