[GDT] Colorado @ Vancouver - Wednesday, March 13th - 7:30pt/10:30et - SNP, SN650.

8 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My friend drove his Kia Niro EV from Vancouver to Calgary and other stops in Alberta.

You can take an EV on a road trip. It just requires planning.

took our Sonata Hybrid to Manitoba. first stop for gas was Calgary. Mainland to Calgary in 11 hours... bet your friend spent half THAT time recharging. 

This will be a good game and a great defensive test. I hope they come out flying and hitting and never take their foot off the gas. They should be a well rested and ready to rumble. I'm thinking Lindy and Mik are ready to break out of purgatory. GCG

• Cheers 1

Will be good to get Myers back so they can start resting certain guys.

Would like to start with Cole. He’s could definitely use a rest. He’s kind of trailed off since the start.

Then I hope they start to rotate guys like Zadorov and Hronek out. Hell give Hughes a game or two off. You have the depth now with Juulsen playing like he is. Take advantage of this time and get some different looks in case there’s injuries later.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Would like to start with Cole. He’s could definitely use a rest. He’s kind of trailed off since the start.

Then I hope they start to rotate guys like Zadorov and Hronek out. Hell give Hughes a game or two off. You have the depth now with Juulsen playing like he is. Take advantage of this time and get some different looks in case there’s injuries later.

I'm thinking, Start The Black Aces Against The Avs.

Fuck them up.  Beat them on the scoreboard, and into the ice.

54 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Facing the Avs Demkoless 

Scared Horror GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

they won last night, right?

back to back + low urgency = advantage canucks. 

Zadorov will be an enforcer tonight. Miller will be an enforcer tonight. Tocchet will throw immensely stinging glares at Jared Bednar tonight, "AND",

Elias Pettersson will throw an unexpected, devastating, clean body check. 

Hughes will be the 1st star of the game. 😼                    

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

55 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

took our Sonata Hybrid to Manitoba. first stop for gas was Calgary. Mainland to Calgary in 11 hours... bet your friend spent half THAT time recharging. 

My Tesla charges about 75% of its battery in about 30’. By the time I go to bathroom and get a coffee, good to drive for several more hours. 
there are a lot of misconceptions about EVs but they are the best commuter cars by far and only are minimal hassle on long trips. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

My Tesla charges about 75% of its battery in about 30’. By the time I go to bathroom and get a coffee, good to drive for several more hours. 
there are a lot of misconceptions about EVs but they are the best commuter cars by far and only are minimal hassle on long trips. 

I've found the same. There is usually a bathroom/coffee/lunch break on a road trip anyway. I just use that time to charge. It forces a break as well, which isn't a bad thing imo.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 things to work on for the rest of the season:

1.  Power Play -- need to find consistency.  I rather see 1 goal every 4 opportunities than 4 goals in 4 attempts and nothing for the next 12.

2. Defensive Play -- I really like what I've seen the past 4 games.  It's the kinda hockey we NEED to be able to play on a regular basis to make a real impact in the playoffs.

Just keep working on #1 and #2 above, and I think everything else will fall into place. 

Just now, HKSR said:

2 things to work on for the rest of the season:

1.  Power Play -- need to find consistency.  I rather see 1 goal every 4 opportunities than 4 goals in 4 attempts and nothing for the next 12.

2. Defensive Play -- I really like what I've seen the past 4 games.  It's the kinda hockey we NEED to be able to play on a regular basis to make a real impact in the playoffs.

Just keep working on #1 and #2 above, and I think everything else will fall into place. 

Add finding chemistry of new and old lines.  Up front with Dakota coming back, you wonder where Lindy will play.  He seems to be finally finding his spot on the third line.   Not sure if Suter and Mik will stay as top 6 wingers.  Podz is earning his ice time, but may be sent down when Dakota returns.  Or will Tocchet put him in the top 6? 

On the back end, Soucy is back and soon Myers (maybe tonight).  Lot of shuffling. 

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Add finding chemistry of new and old lines.  Up front with Dakota coming back, you wonder where Lindy will play.  He seems to be finally finding his spot on the third line.   Not sure if Suter and Mik will stay as top 6 wingers.  Podz is earning his ice time, but may be sent down when Dakota returns.  Or will Tocchet put him in the top 6? 

On the back end, Soucy is back and soon Myers (maybe tonight).  Lot of shuffling. 

With the way things are going, I'd slot Joshua on to Lindholm's wing and go from there.  Minimal disruption of the chemistry built the last 4 games.

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser (Mik hasn't looked this good all year... could be a healing knee, or simply the Miller factor, but either way, he has looked his best on this line).

Hoglander-Petey-Suter (Suter is an excellent utility forward.  With him and Hogs hounding the puck, it has opened up some space for Petey).

Joshua-Lindholm-Garland (pretty much an upgraded 3rd line.  If this isn't clicking the same way it has been with Podz, then swap Joshua and Podz).

Podkolzin-Blueger-Lafferty/PDG (Lafferty and PDG can be swapped in and out...)

These lines looks very solid and extremely defensively sound.  Likely the reason we're seeing such good defensive games the past 4 games. 

On defence, I'd just swap Cole, Myers, Juulsen, and Zadorov in and out of the lineup to keep everyone fresh.

Hughes, Hronek, and Soucy should be the mainstays.

51 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

I'm thinking, Start The Black Aces Against The Avs.

Fuck them up.  Beat them on the scoreboard, and into the ice.

What with who? Better watch out for Sheldon Dries. Uwu

• Haha 2

I'm excited to see how our backups do during this period without Demko. I think we're in better shape than people's insecurities would have us believe.

This is how higher character and greatness emerges.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

51 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I've found the same. There is usually a bathroom/coffee/lunch break on a road trip anyway. I just use that time to charge. It forces a break as well, which isn't a bad thing imo.

Is it easy to find a charging station outside of larger towns, cities etc? I wouldn’t want to be in the middle of nowhere low on charge.

I don’t own an EV so I don’t know. I live in a rural area and don’t see many charging stations.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

That's one of the silver linings of he Myers, Soucy,Joshua and Demko injuries. They will be fresh as daisies. 

These next 8 games are nicely spaced so I'm not worried about rest at the moment but if we have top place locked up during the final 8 I wouldn't mind rotating a select few out.

3 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Is it easy to find a charging station outside of larger towns, cities etc? I wouldn’t want to be in the middle of nowhere low on charge.

I don’t own an EV so I don’t know. I live in a rural area and don’t see many charging stations.

They aren't for everyone. But hybrids will cut your fuel bill.