[GDT] Colorado @ Vancouver - Wednesday, March 13th - 7:30pt/10:30et - SNP, SN650.

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Traded? Oh My Wow GIF

too late for that, but the team has beat three playoff bound clubs in a row without Myers in the lineup. Tyler Minors is not someone I want to see in the lineup just yet..he can nurse that injury a bit more, wasn't it a covid positive test or something? 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

too late for that, but the team has beat three playoff bound clubs in a row without Myers in the lineup. Tyler Minors is not someone I want to see in the lineup just yet..he can nurse that injury a bit more, wasn't it a covid positive test or something? 

I couldn't help myself.   Kids did a good job on teaching me how to be sarcastic,  the delivery isn't always there though.   Also I want to see Zadorov Myers when we can.   Cole out soon would be good.   Love our D depth.   We haven't had 7 legit NHL regulars in a good way, for over a decade. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Love our D depth.   We haven't had 7 legit NHL regulars in a good way, for over a decade. 

True dat. I am not a fan of Myers in our top three D but in a perfect world if he is our 6th D, I am lovin it. 

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

5 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I LOVE this uniform/mask combo. WOW.

It ... just... works.    I'm so grateful that they've brought it back, even in this capacity (a dozen or so games).   Really like to see the whites again.    Know what that means too.    Wonder if they will have the balls to do it.  

Edited by IBatch
  • ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, Captkirk888 said:

Hybrids seem to be the best of both worlds. But you can’t beat an EV’s zero emissions.

I mean pick your poison though. Most EVs have a shelf life of how many years? They aren't particularly economically repairable. And the materials they are made from are ecologically disastrous. It's like hitting your thumb with a hammer to take away the pain of the tow you just stubbed. 

If we are being real about climate change we need to cull the beef industry and the methane created. Reduce global rice production. Stop burning coal and create more efficient ways to fly. 

A handful of 1st worlders driving around in their high horse EVs driven by lithium batteries isn't the change we need. But as long as people feel better about themselves when they buy an new I phone every 2 years and keep scarfing down big Mac's and slurping back liquid rice cakes (Budweiser).

It's like the 70s all over again when we were saving the rainforest by switching to plastic bags. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I mean pick your poison though. Most EVs have a shelf life of how many years? They aren't particularly economically repairable. And the materials they are made from are ecologically disastrous. It's like hitting your thumb with a hammer to take away the pain of the tow you just stubbed. 

If we are being real about climate change we need to cull the beef industry and the methane created. Reduce global rice production. Stop burning coal and create more efficient ways to fly. 

A handful of 1st worlders driving around in their high horse EVs driven by lithium batteries isn't the change we need. But as long as people feel better about themselves when they buy an new I phone every 2 years and keep scarfing down big Mac's and slurping back liquid rice cakes (Budweiser).

It's like the 70s all over again when we were saving the rainforest by switching to plastic bags. 

We're on basically generation 1.5 or 2 in terms of EV's. Already in Norway, there's a growing industry of EV repair shops, and recycle companies.

It will be interesting to see what happens with better battery tech. But I agree, stop burning coal, and adjusting to more sustainable agriculture.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

39 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Those aren’t the chromes are they?

Maybe I'm used to the matt black.  

It could be just the regular home blues that are not matt.   Chrome dome is bad luck. But if I recall correctly they said there are two chrome dome games planned.   

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Captain Hughes said:

Rick says the lindholm trade rumors were not true. Kiss my ass vancouver insiders, bigger liars then Trump

Most hockey insiders are just rumor mongers. They know how rabid most fans are, especially in Canadian cities, and take full advantage of that. Barely take any of them seriously

8 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Electricity and heat production are accountable for 25% of the global Greenhouse Gas Emissions. "Other Energy" is a separate slice at 10%

Transportation comes in at 14%. 

total of Transportation and Energy/Heat: 49% of all global greenhouse gas emissions.

Between Transport and energy sits Industry at 21% and Agriculture, Forestry and other land uses at 24% for a total combined at 45%.

Beijing and LA both had remarkable moments where some residents saw the clear blue sky and stars at night for the first time in their lives during the lockdowns where these emissions were basically shut off for months on end.  We need to make improvements at every line item in the list, but for some reason folks without even a horse in the race seem to have an almost visceral hate of EV's. I am not sure why. If you don't want one, don't buy one, but I am looking forward to a future transportation environment where less than half the current emissions occur. Coupling that with reductions on the largest emissions group: Energy/Heat production will have significant impacts, and where Industry is forced to cut back on their emissions and advances are made in Agriculture (another traditionally conservative industry) and we will have made significant work on the file of wanting to preserve life on this earth. 

Folks acting like it is irrelevant to humanity, these greenhouse gas emissions, are only proving those people are dinosaurs, intent on keeping their heads buried in the sand until they can't breathe anymore. (not aimed at you, just in general)

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

We're on basically generation 1.5 or 2 in terms of EV's. Already in Norway, there's a growing industry of EV repair shops, and recycle companies.

It will be interesting to see what happens with better battery tech. But I agree, stop burning coal, and adjusting to more sustainable agriculture.

And don't underestimate the air and noise pollution on health, esp in big cities.  

Back to hockey though...big game.  Need to win once Avs this yr.  Got a feeling there will be a Nux v Avs in conference final.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Integra250 said:

Did he bring that helmet from Pittsburgh? 😆

Had it custom painted for black skate.  He's ready for the long haul.  Hope nux keep him next season. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Why is this page besmirched with foul ghouls of cursed times past? Begone oh chromed fetid unbefitting captain. My kingdom for a linden.

Linden Vey Stats, Profile, Bio, Analysis and More | | The Sports Forecaster

Can you deliver your kingdom or do I need to come collect it?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Captkirk888 said:

Is it easy to find a charging station outside of larger towns, cities etc? I wouldn’t want to be in the middle of nowhere low on charge.

I don’t own an EV so I don’t know. I live in a rural area and don’t see many charging stations.

this is the reason we went for a hybrid. gas stations everywhere, plus can drive ALL day without having to stop. when I'm on the road, I just want to get there quick.

plus we just traded that in for an all gas suv. Wasn't looking forward to a $30,000 bill for a new battery set up in a couple of years. 

Edited by grumpyone

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

They asked him about MacKinnon vs AM, McDavid, which player he would build a team around.  I agree with him. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1