[GDT] Colorado @ Vancouver - Wednesday, March 13th - 7:30pt/10:30et - SNP, SN650.

2 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

If i understood correctly tonight playing EV vs Nuclear.Didn't tell me who you are cheering for?😆😋.Game start  7:30.Nuclear could not start up

Hear me out: EVs and nuclear on the same team!

29 minutes ago, hwy19man said:

A reminder that this is not a national game in Canada, it is on Centre Ice and is a regional game on Sportsnet Pacific. Sportsnet made the wrong decision to not promote the game to national status for Wednesday Night Hockey, their #2 signature night! This is a bigger game than the national Capitals-Oilers game on Sportsnet One.

I'd rather avoid letting Singh work Canucks games.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Define a good reason.  I drive a 4x4 Jeep which is a necessity when it snows where I live as our road is one of the last to get plowed.  My wife also has to drive 45 mins to work in the winter.   I also haul yard waste and other things around.

no easy answer. maybe they'll just keep on taxing gas more so they deter you from driving a bigger car

i have a jeep too. but, we also have a small car in the house and i can tell you my wife and i try to drive the small car as much as possible with gas prices now a day.

52 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

BIG GAME

HUGE GAME

BIGGEST GAME

STATEMENT GAME

BUDDY

BUDDY BUDDY

DESMITH

DESMITH

EV GOOD

EV BAD

EV

EV

EV

EV

LOOK

EV

EV

EV

EV

EV

CANUCKS

JUST WIN

gioated-family-guy.gif

I start at the newest post and work backwards. When I get here, I stop. Two thumbs up!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canucks curse said:

they didn't just want to put the guy from our team with C on his jersey ???

1 hour ago, canucks curse said:

they didn't just want to put the guy from our team with C on his jersey ???

I guess not.

I guess not.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bh90 said:

no easy answer. maybe they'll just keep on taxing gas more so they deter you from driving a bigger car

i have a jeep too. but, we also have a small car in the house and i can tell you my wife and i try to drive the small car as much as possible with gas prices now a day.

That's just it... I have a Ford F150 as well as my Miata but I only drive the truck when I need it, maybe a few times a month. Nothing wrong with having a larger utility vehicle, but for most commuting or errands, a tiny car will do.

Interesting discussion, but I'll shut up about it now. Getting close to game time. Canucks for the win! Orcas aren't scared of Avalanches, are they?

1 hour ago, bh90 said:

look.. i hear you.

but take it from someone who's close to the battery sector and part of my job. The world is not ready for electrification. It's actually a good thing there's still resistance to it because if more people decided to wake up and demand EV's, it would fail. we simply lack the infrastructure to support electric vehicles, and if use of electric vehicles significantly increases too fast and the infrastructure is not there to support it, than there would be even more of a resistance to change.

- Europe's infrastructure is too old and needs major updates.

- North America is too vast and there's no viable solution for putting electrical tractor trailers in circulation for cross-province / cross-state transportation without increasing the time it takes to complete a delivery which would turn increase the price of transport which will increase the cost of goods.

- Too many people park on streets where charging options lack

if North America was serious about cutting down emissions they would be pushing the business sector to use the railway and would promote / incentivizing the building of commercial buildings near rail spurs.

The western world also needs to give up some "convenience", We don't need to order something off amazon at 10 AM on a Sunday for it to deliver at 6 pm on a Sunday. Our need to want everything now and fast is what's contributing to a significant demand on the release of emissions in the environment. 

EV's are great in theory but, to be determined, if North America will be bale to implement an infrastructure soon enough to support it.

I would advocate that we need to focus on life-choices and government policies that reduce over-consumption and waste. Aviation, Container Vessels, and Tractor Trailers is what pollutes the world and the demand for these modes of transportation continues to go up for the purpose of our "wants" and "convenience" 

Just my 2 cents.

all valid and good input. For me, the bonus is we can do both. The percentage of EV cars being bought every year is far below what would cap out our capacity: and pushing capacity is what pushes building more capacity. To say it isn't worth doing one thing because some other thing is not very dynamic thinking. Do all the things. Talking about 8 billion humans here not one organization. 

Huggy has 12 first-place votes, vs only 2 for Makar. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/trophy-tracker-norris-race-quinn-hughes-top-choice

"Hughes was selected by a panel of 14 NHL.com writers as the favorite to win the Norris Trophy voted as best defenseman in the NHL."

Voting totals (points awarded on a 5-4-3-2-1-basis):

Quinn Hughes, Vancouver Canucks, 68 points (12 first-place votes);

Cale Makar, Colorado Avalanche, 52 (two);

Noah Dobson, New York Islanders, 36;

Roman Josi, Nashville Predators, 25;

Victor Hedman, 10;

Evan Bouchard, 8;

Drew Doughty, 6;

Josh Morrissey, 3;

Charlie McAvoy, 2

• Huggy Bear 2

44 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

He can take his opinion, shine it up REAL nice turn it sideways and.....

There is absolutely NO room for this turdbucket on our bandwagon. GTFO. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1