[PGT] Scamalanche at Canucks

4 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Well, the NHL isn't gonna do jack shit about it, so get over it.

Then the team needs to take matters into their own hands and make sure the refs know that if they keep this BS up, they will have to answer the bell.  Worked in '72;  Kompalla called an honest game after Parise went after him.

Edited by King Heffy

Great start and disappointing finish. Still, at least we get a point, are still first in the conference, and continue toward clinching a playoff spot early. Here are my thoughts.

1. The Miller line went up against the MacKinnon line (and the Makar-Toews pairing) and won that battle decisively with two early goals (including one by Mikheyev!) and a strong game overall. Great to see.

2. Unfortunately, the other three lines got crushed statistically, especially in the third period and especially the Lindholm line (even though they contributed to the 3rd Canuck goal). Lindholm won some key faceoffs but he needs to do more than that. I have concerns about Podkolzin. He plays hard (and had 5 hits tonight) and plays strong defense, staying on the "right side of the puck" etc. But I have doubts about his hockey IQ. I noticed several times where he just made a poor decision, resulting in a change of possession instead of a completed pass, rarely getting in position to get a high danger chance, and showing little offensive creativity to help his linemates. I can see him as a good, cheap 4th-liner but not much more.  

3. Although the Canucks were outplayed overall they could have won the game apart from some mental errors. They had chances to get out of the 2nd period without giving up a goal but gave up a very late goal. The dreaded 5-on-3 bit them in the rear end again, thanks to a careless penalty by Cole. And Soucy's puck over the glass led to the game-winning goal for Colorado. That just looked like a lack of concentration. Icing the puck or just taking it to the boards would have finished off the final few seconds. 

4. I think DeSmith was good. No complaints. 

5. Nice goal by Zadorov and an impressive game overall. But the ice was tilted against the Canucks when Juulsen and Z. were on the ice. I guess it will be good to get Myers back in and I guess Juulsen comes out.

The Canucks looked like a good team but Colorado looked like a better team. And Colorado came on strong in the third period even though they should have been the tired team. But getting Demmer and Joshua back will make a difference and maybe Mik starts to get some puck luck again now that the slump has been broken.  And most nights Petey's line will do more. The schedule is fairly easy from here on so the Canucks should be favored to hang on to first place in the Division.

Edited by JamesB
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Good quotes by Miller and Zadorov, even if they're clichéd.  They owned up to their shortcomings and accepted the loss for what it was.  And they're committed to not let that happen again.  None of this blaming refs bullshit.

That's the best one can ask for tbh

Can't fix anything but their own mistakes, they can't work on anyone's game but their own

• Cheers 2

Not the result I wanted but we did get a point against, perhaps IMO the best offensive team in the conference, especially with Demko injured. Yes, it is a point loss but Canucks did come back against the Bruins down 2-0 a few weeks ago which offsets it a bit.  For this game, take the 3-0 lead into the third, probably would not have seen the constant pressure from the Avs in the final period - ALWAYS play right through till the end of the period as last 10s goals are always killers.

Hopefully, they play with the same intensity for a full 60M in their upcoming games against Wash, Buff, Mtl etc.

RT will need to go over a few things with the D as this game reminded me of the Leafs game when the opposition simply poured it on with speed + pressure resulting in the D structure being  stretched in several directions, not clearing the zone more consistently and there was also little offensive zone time.

We can learn from tonight's game and figure a way to minimize these "pressure issues"  come the playoffs when it will really matter.

Just Win.jpg

Easy to blame the refs but our power play was awful and the lack of speed is evident..  avs are a very good team as is vancouver.  Need more speed and size something i’m sure management is aware of.  Petey needs a winger as well.  Our defense is sooooo much better this year.  So much fun to watch this team.  Tough loss tonight though

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

They got through adversity. That’s the answer. Canucks didn’t. Any team deserves to win if they overcome

adversity.

Lol weak. 2>1 no way you keep denying that. Adversity is one thing borderline corruption is an entirely different thing. 

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Then the team needs to take matters into their own hands and make sure the refs know that if they keep this BS up, they will have to answer the bell.  Worked in '72;  Kompana called an honest game after Parise went after him.

So they can end up on ltir like Joshua?

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

You ignored the issue that the refs were in fact dog shit and hold some accountability. Stop blindly ignoring facts. 

The refs aren't accountable to fucking anyone.  The key to any team succeeding is for the players to collectively ask themselves, "what can we do differently?"  It's not "what if the officiating was better?"

The fact is they won and we lost.  The fact is our players are speaking to the media about what this team needs to better, not what the refs or the opponents did.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

I didn't see phantom ones.  I saw an unnecessary interference in the nzone, an obvious hook to go down 5 on 3 and a puck over the glass

Well then I question the optometrist you use to check your vision. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

So they can end up on ltir like Joshua?

Call up someone from Abbotsford to handle it.  The refs should not feel invincible on the ice if they're going to keep this BS up.  If they aren't going to clean it up voluntarily, intimidation is the only option left since the NHL refuses to solve the problem.

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Like I said zero logic straight troll 

Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders ' THEY OUTPLAYED US THEY DESERVED TO WIN '. Is Miller a troll too???????? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Miss Korea said:

The refs aren't accountable to fucking anyone.  The key to any team succeeding is for the players to collectively ask themselves, "what can we do differently?"  It's not "what if the officiating was better?"

The fact is they won and we lost.  The fact is our players are speaking to the media about what this team needs to better, not what the refs or the opponents did.

Yeah they get find or suspendend if they state the obvious. Get a grindr account if you enjoy getting fucked in the ass this much. 

Shitty loss but we got a point(glass half full approach)we got sloppy in the second and the Avs took advantage good teams do that hopefully we learn from it

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Then the team needs to take matters into their own hands and make sure the refs know that if they keep this BS up, they will have to answer the bell.  Worked in '72;  Kompalla called an honest game after Parise went after him.

You would do well to learn more about history.

https://www.tricitynews.com/local-news/hes-one-of-the-greatest-villains-in-canadian-sports-history-but-this-coquitlam-historian-has-a-new-take-6791695

• Cheers 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I gave you it to you. You are just choosing to ignore it because it doesn’t feed your narrative. Complete ignorance.

Nah 2 is grater then 1 so they deserved the loss. You’re ignorant and a troll. 

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

Yes, refs are held accountable, they just don't do it publicly......for good reason

https://scoutingtherefs.com/2015/11/10815/fraser-how-nhl-officials-are-held-accountable/

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

You are like the soucy of posters, Jaimito. Bringing calm and order  to the boards ( other than that over the glass penalty lol) .  Can’t lose sight of what’s happened .. points in how many games in a row vs all good teams. 

I think I don't speak only for myself that the last decade of Nux hockey has been tough.  

Finally we got a competent front office making the right decisions, and have top core players just coming into prime at the same time.  

The coaches have been to the top of the mountain as players and assistant coach.  They know how hard it is to win a cup and got everyone bought into the system.  

Team is still going to have adversities and need to find ways to win tough games.  But if you told me in the preseason that the team will be leading the Western conference in Mar by 3 pts, #2 in NHL, I wouldn't have believed you.  You have to enjoy the ride.  

• Cheers 1