[PGT] Scamalanche at Canucks

22 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Likewise when the team gets multiple phantom calls against, do you just expect people not to discuss it on said message board?

Actually, after you state how much you hated the call, what's to discuss? Refereeing in the NHL is wildly uneven and almost completely unpredictable. It is what it is and there's nothing to be gained and no insights to be revealed from non-stop complaining about it. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Well then I question the optometrist you use to check your vision. 

Don't you people every get tired of the referee excuse?  It's, literally, every game and it's the only song you know 

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

No but they did get through adversity and that makes them deserve the win. 

Do you know how easy the game is to play when you're handed gifts? If you've ever played competitively and you're at a point in the game where you feel down and out and the heavens throw you a bone the whole game turns to easy mode.

It's hardly any adversity. It's like having a cheat code. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

So what you’re saying is they didn’t deserve the win then? Thanks. 

Again, you just have this need to win arguments even when you’re in the wrong. I can’t and won’t keep have conversations with someone looking for arguments and trying to be antagonistic. There is no logic with what you’re trying to do other than boosting your ego. Moving on.

Talking to canuck73_3 is like talking to a:

Fun Goodbye GIF by Sunny Bunnies

• Cheers 1

Just now, Curmudgeon said:

Actually, after you state how much you hated the call, what's to discuss? Refereeing in the NHL is wildly uneven and almost completely unpredictable. It is what it is and there's nothing to be gained and no insights to be revealed from non-stop complaining about it. 

Almost like referees are individual human beings and don't share a hive mind and all see things exactly the same.

• Haha 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

Do you know how easy the game is to play when you're handed gifts? If you've ever played competitively and you're at a point in the game where you feel down and out and the heavens throw you a bone the whole game turns to easy mode.

It's hardly any adversity. It's like having a cheat code. 

Well the players are saying how they let up and weren’t pushing so I guess they don’t know anything either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

There was a reason Canada tried to ensure he didn't work the game, and it wasn't because he was calling the game honestly.  I'm sure you can find someone who thinks Kelly Sutherland has conducted himself appropriately as well, but that doesn't make it true.

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Again, you just have this need to win arguments even when you’re in the wrong. I can’t and won’t keep have conversations with someone looking for arguments and trying to be antagonistic. There is no logic with what you’re trying to do other than boosting your ego. Moving on.

Talking to canuck73_3 is like talking to a:

Fun Goodbye GIF by Sunny Bunnies

Ah more insults yet still playing victim. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Not only that....they showed up AFTER they used some questionable tactics to get an upper hand.

It's pathetic to me. Diving and dirty play.

Deb what are you doing?

Why do you whine about the refs and diving and the other team?

You realize that the Canucks are finally going to the playoffs this year right?

Ok so let's get behind the team and support them and get tough.  If we geta penalty say good I wish he cracked that mofo's skull.

Stop leading the fanbase to be whiners.  In 2011 all the whining in the world meant nothing.

Toughen up buttercup. Miller is not a whiner so you need to stop being one.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

The players are saying the same thing. They admit they sat back. They didn’t meet pressure with pressure. That’s on them. They deserved to lose because they played 40 minutes. 

Avs only played 25 minutes, therefore they deserved to lose more than the Canucks did?

I agree that the team's lackluster effort in the third was a big component of the loss. I just think the awful reffing was a bigger factor.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Call up someone from Abbotsford to handle it.  The refs should not feel invincible on the ice if they're going to keep this BS up.  If they aren't going to clean it up voluntarily, intimidation is the only option left since the NHL refuses to solve the problem.

The 70's and 80's are over dude, despite the Bon Jovi we hear between whistles.  

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

Deb what are you doing?

Why do you whine about the refs and diving and the other team?

You realize that the Canucks are finally going to the playoffs this year right?

Ok so let's get behind the team and support them and get tough.  If we geta penalty say good I wish he cracked that mofo's skull.

Stop leading the fanbase to be whiners.  In 2011 all the whining in the world meant nothing.

Toughen up buttercup. Miller is not a whiner so you need to stop being one.

I smell a ban coming 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

Wow, look at posters here.  Implying JT Miller and Nikita Zadorov WEAK because they didn't complain about the refs.

Again they get fined or suspended if they call out their bullshit what do they gain? And no they’re not weak for it they’re smart as it affects them in more than one way…

• Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

I'll help out. I really liked Lafferty's play in the first half of the season. He suddenly dropped off and I no longer care if he's on the team or not. He lost his hustle for some reason.

Yes, he's become a bit of a passenger but he is only a $1M 4th line plug - so I don't expect anything spectacular from a guy like that and he does have 11G/10A unlike $5M guys like Mik who has only has a half dozen more assist but the same amount of Goals at five times the price!!!

IMO Mikeyev should have been traded not KUZ - at the time.  And there are a few others needless to say, that are looking like passengers in the caboose like Lind-🏚️ and Cole to name a few.  In fairness to Coles case, I think it's just old age and fatigue.

I kinda doubt all of those three will be around next year.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

i'm more pissed soucy tried to backhand the puck off the board out of the zone with 8 seconds left instead of just pin it against the board or sit on top of it or something

I concur

2 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Avs only played 25 minutes, therefore they deserved to lose more than the Canucks did?

I agree that the team's lackluster effort in the third was a big component of the loss. I just think the awful reffing was a bigger factor.

This. Period. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

The 70's and 80's are over dude, despite the Bon Jovi we hear between whistles.  

Intimidation is still a factor in hockey.  The team needs to make it clear that either the NHL needs to start forcing the refs to call an honest game or there is no alternative but to seek other solutions.  The refs have no right to feel safe when their misconduct is a hazard to player safety.

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Players aren’t calling out refs they get fined or suspended for that. Next. 

Or they don't look for bogus excuses to explain their poor play.  They owned up to it, as they should have

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Don't you people every get tired of the referee excuse?  It's, literally, every game and it's the only song you know 

But it’s not every game, tonight it is a valid question. I don’t know why this is so hard to grasp. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

There was a reason Canada tried to ensure he didn't work the game, and it wasn't because he was calling the game honestly.  I'm sure you can find someone who thinks Kelly Sutherland has conducted himself appropriately as well, but that doesn't make it true.

There's nothing wrong with reading something you might not necessarily agree with.  You can choose to be ignorant to more information and more insight, but that attitude certainly doesn't make your opinion a valid one whatsoever.

I'll even give you a link - it's free online.

https://dr.library.brocku.ca/handle/10464/17130

Edited by Miss Korea