[PGT] Scamalanche at Canucks

3 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Avs only played 25 minutes, therefore they deserved to lose more than the Canucks did?

I agree that the team's lackluster effort in the third was a big component of the loss. I just think the awful reffing was a bigger factor.

It was a factor but that’s adversity for you. You are going to face it in the playoffs. You can’t be soft on pucks. You have to overcome or you will lose a series.

Just now, stawns said:

Or they don't look for bogus excuses to explain their poor play.  They owned up to it, as they should have

It’s the latter. And tonight they are valid concerns now matter how much you plug your ears and stamp your feet. 

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i'm more pissed soucy tried to backhand the puck off the board out of the zone with 8 seconds left instead of just pin it against the board or sit on top of it or something

He's been very solid when he's healthy. He's human. And normally he does the smart play. He made a mistake. Learn from it and carry on.

I'm more ticked at the Mason penalty, that should have been 5 and a game.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It was a factor but that’s adversity for you. You are going to face it in the playoffs. You can’t be soft on pucks. You have to overcome or you will lose a series.

So again. They deserved to lose. Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Deb what are you doing?

Why do you whine about the refs and diving and the other team?

You realize that the Canucks are finally going to the playoffs this year right?

Ok so let's get behind the team and support them and get tough.  If we geta penalty say good I wish he cracked that mofo's skull.

Stop leading the fanbase to be whiners.  In 2011 all the whining in the world meant nothing.

Toughen up buttercup. Miller is not a whiner so you need to stop being one.

I wonder how long your suspension is gonna be for trolling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Intimidation is still a factor in hockey.  The team needs to make it clear that either the NHL needs to start forcing the refs to call an honest game or there is no alternative but to seek other solutions.  The refs have no right to feel safe when their misconduct is a hazard to player safety.

Intimidation is definitely not a factor any more, at all.  Neither is fighting and fighting doesn't deter dirty play anyway.  If it did, the 70's and 80's would have been the cleanest era in hockey.  Instead, it was the opposite of that.

It's like saying more guns stops gun violence.......it don't 

Just now, Miss Korea said:

There's nothing wrong with reading something you might not necessarily agree with.  You can choose to be ignorant to more information and more insight, but that attitude certainly doesn't make your opinion a valid one whatsoever.

The article itself calls it an "alternate view".  No one in their right mind who has watched the series thinks that Kompalla was calling an honest game, unless you think Team Canada voiced their objections so vigorously for no reason.  There's nothing that Kompalla can say that will make me think his conduct was acceptable prior to Parise making him realize that he might have to suffer the consequences.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Intimidation is definitely not a factor any more, at all.  Neither is fighting and fighting doesn't deter dirty play anyway.  If it did, the 70's and 80's would have been the cleanest era in hockey.  Instead, it was the opposite of that.

It's like saying more guns stops gun violence.......it don't 

More guns do stop gun violence. You telling me you're gonna fuck with this man?! 

Joe Biden Finger Guns GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

It’s the latter. And tonight they are valid concerns now matter how much you plug your ears and stamp your feet. 

Or look for excuses for giving the game away.  Post game interviews said if all.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

The article itself calls it an "alternate view".  No one in their right mind who has watched the series thinks that Kompalla was calling an honest game, unless you think Team Canada voiced their objections so vigorously for no reason.  There's nothing that Kompalla can say that will make me think his conduct was acceptable prior to Parise making him realize that he might have to suffer the consequences.

Then shame on you for refusing to keep an open mind on things and willing to look at different perspectives.  Many Canadians who have read this book and agreed/disagreed with it have nonetheless found it enlightening.

But go ahead - choose to be ignorant like I know you always are.

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I will give what you so desperately are seeking:

Winner Win GIF by Slotomania Official

Now you can go to bed knowing your the smartest person on this board.

It’s ok to admit you were wrong that the team that only played 20 deserves to lose. 

1 minute ago, drdeath said:

That game produced a lot of video for the Canucks to send the league if we ever face Colorado in the Conference Final. They can have the extra point for that trade honestly. 

They haven’t lost once to us this season. They have a ton of points against us this year.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's not trolling, but I bet he gets banned anyway

By the very definition it absolutely is...

: to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content

• Cheers 2

I've been to two games in person this year, and both times they've blown 3-0 leads. Granted they beat the Leafs in the first game, and they did get a point out of this still.

I do have one more match against the Flames I'm going to in 10 days. If the Canucks go up 3-0 again, I'm walking out of Rogers and going home.

• Haha 2