[PGT] Scamalanche at Canucks

5 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

A great take.

Some here dive in after a loss to tell us how it is....it's amusing but tiring.

If they accept diving, piss poor reffing and things that really don't show a lot of integrity in the game, that doesn't mean we all have to. Teams DO have to contend with stuff but we are all too often pulling on the short stick.

Those defending the refs/diving/etc. as "part of the game" need to answer this.

If that was Tyler Myers doling that hit.....would he get to see the rest of the game? I'm still pissed because Manson was targeting JT. And he could've really injured him.

Good players don't need to embellish....maybe that's our mistake though. Maybe JT should lie on the ice and flop around like a fish just pulled into the boat. Academy award injuries like the Avs do. I mean, if that's acceptable it's kind of lame. I just don't think it is and I'm glad my team doesn't pull that shit in order to win. It kind of taints it.

When people throw the word "whining" out there it's often because they just don't have  a reasonable argument. They come in here to whine about blowing a lead so...practice what you preach.

Hitting up my ignore button because it's all too predictable after a loss. Never here for the wins or the actual game day talk. Just crash the door down afterward....

To those here for the right reasons, cheers. We'll get those bastards next time.

This is a big issue and I have seen that time again and again.   Officiating can be brutal toward us for reasons I couldn't pinpoint throughout the history.  Official can take away any momentum we have at anytime to their whims if they didn't like see us dominate other teams and has a bias toward us and call any phantom or non-calls like this.  We are under their mercy and most often, it's brutal undeservedly.  They do have their favorites and strong dislike to a certain teams.  For example, if a ref who is a Canucks fan calling non-Canucks game and can be brutal toward a team that they generally dislike would call subconscious bias toward that team.  Sometimes I wonder how many ref who grew up being a fan toward a team has a strong dislike toward Canucks and how many of them are like that over the years.  Major of the ref in the league are from North America and doesn't see the Canucks that often would exhibit such behavior.  If majority of media is like that generally exhibit a strong dislike for us for whatever reason, the ref do watch games and could get influenced by the media a little bit and the intermission panel would make excuses to defend and give ref more props than more before.  It is time for the Canucks to do away with national broadcast and get their own crew for every games possible.  They could decline whatever deal they get and not get revenue from it and the fans wouldn't mind that.  The playoffs is the worst time because there's no longer a balanced coverage and the spotlight is so bright and they have a strong influence toward a neutral fans who do watch games develop their dislike toward the Canucks everywhere.

Think about it a little bit, if there is a top news that media do not generally cover hockey get a top news, most often, the top news seems to happen in Vancouver for example, Bertuzzi was in a top news for a wrong reason, Burrows-Auger incident that news did cover, white flag on the stick, McSorely high-sticking Brasher in Vancouver.  How many of incidents do you think the hockey get a top news from, most often, the Canucks for all wrong reasons, including Stanley Cup riot even reached east coast of US (I lived there during 2011 finals).  No other team get so much negative coverage than the Canucks for all the wrong reasons and I do not know if the NHL executive react to that.  We are the guinea pig for the league, being first in every calls that the new rules introduced or being first to be forced to go through 5 on 3 for 7 minutes straight 2 games in a row.  That is why the Canucks fans having a hard time over the years with the officials and have seen that same story again and again but with different players on a certain years.  It is in NHL executive's mind,  for sure over the years, developed their strong dislike toward the Canucks and its quite difficult to get rid of that reputation.   I am afraid that it may never wean off for a long while.  Not until all of the old guard is replaced in media, executives, etc.  It is just my opinion.  

Watch Parros giving a leniency toward Manson.  I recalled that he already has a strong dislike toward Canucks over the years as a player and I would not be surprised by his decision in coming day.  I remembered he said it himself before he joined NHL office.

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

You’re naive to think that calling out bullshit refs results in zero backlash. See Auger, Stephane. 

Or even the game after Myers called them out lol.

It's very smart to keep your mouth shut. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

You’re naive to think that calling out bullshit refs results in zero backlash. See Auger, Stephane. 

Coaches need to collectively step up and agree to all do this.  If each team is calling it out, it's harder to single out one team for the retribution.

1 minute ago, Joshua.Guy said:

I'm not really on team "blame the refs" but this isn't evidence at all. Tocchet has been radio silent on reffing his entire tenure here. It's definitely by design.

Well we can only go by what he says not by what we think he is thinking.

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Soft calls didn't help though. 

Also I’m just saying that so I don’t get fined 

hold me diiiiiiicccckkk marshawn lynch GIF

He's being consistent. Can't look to the refs. Have to look within. That's where greatness emerges through seemingly impossible challenges.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

He’ll never call out refs publicly cause he’s not retarded, that's the thing.  Why this is so hard for you to grasp is interesting at best. 

Edited by canuck73_3

5 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Then shame on you for refusing to keep an open mind on things and willing to look at different perspectives.  Many Canadians who have read this book and agreed/disagreed with it have nonetheless found it enlightening.

But go ahead - choose to be ignorant like I know you always are.

Sinking to personal attacks yet again.  No point in continuing the conversation with you, just going to report you every time you choose to do this.

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

He's stated publicly that he knows it's wise not to criticize the refs multiple times post games this season and last. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, LB28 said:

The Avalanche are such a good team but the Canucks did themselves 0 favours after the first period

The only reason the flabalanche won was because they threw cheap shots and dove like Louganis. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

They haven’t lost once to us this season. They have a ton of points against us this year.

Game 1. 5-2 Avs. Game was tied after 2. Power play count 4-3 Avs. 

Game 2. 3-1 Avs. Canucks on a B2B. Game was tied after 2. PP count 3-2 Avs. 
Game 3. 4-3 Avs. Avs on a B2B but CDS in net for us. Canucks actually winning after 2. PP count 4-3 Avs. 

The Canucks need to tighten up their third periods against Colorado for sure but given the calls are supposed to balance out throughout the year I think we'd do just fine against them in a series. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You finally admitted it. 

I admit the refs weren’t good but the bigger factor is that they didn’t handle the adversity and they played soft and Colorado raised their level of play that the Canucks didn’t match. Colorado overcame being down 3-0. That’s the adversity they faced. They overcame it and won. They deserved the win. The Canucks decided to not play 60 min. They didn’t deserve to win. They deserved the loss based on their inability to face adversity and play a full 60.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1