[PGT] Scamalanche at Canucks

Just now, drdeath said:

Game 1. 5-2 Avs. Game was tied after 2. Power play count 4-3 Avs. 

Game 2. 3-1 Avs. Canucks on a B2B. Game was tied after 2. PP count 3-2 Avs. 
Game 3. 4-3 Avs. Avs on a B2B but CDS in net for us. Canucks actually winning after 2. PP count 4-3 Avs. 

The Canucks need to tighten up their third periods against Colorado for sure but given the calls are supposed to balance out throughout the year I think we'd do just fine against them in a series. 

Ya but who’s to say the reffing wouldn’t be just as bad. You have to learn to overcome it. Their pp also has to come back and start to be consistent again otherwise we are hooped. Giving up goals on the pk and not scoring on the pp is a recipe for disaster. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Exactly. Bottom line, soft on pucks and that was a major factor in this game. Reffing didn’t help but they just played soft in the third. 

Bet rick was dying to say that too but the consequences wouldn't be worth it..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I get your sentiment. But I think if you listen to me you will agree as well.

Canuck fans need to stop blaming the refs or the weather or the ownership or whatever.  We need to get on board with a team that is heading back to the playoffs.

i want to see you leading the way with positive messages, not complaining about reffing. You're better than that.

You have a lot of followers on here.

You need to step up your game and lead fans.  Miller would want it. And he just may be watching you.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

Canuck fans need to stop blaming the refs or the weather or the ownership or whatever.  We need to get on board with a team that is heading back to the playoffs.

i want to see you leading the way with positive messages, not complaining about reffing. You're better than that.

You need to step up your game and lead fans.  Miller would want it. And he just may be watching you.

You don’t speak for all Canuck fans. So shut up with that non sense. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

What does this mean?  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Sergiomomesso said:

I said to my son that whoever scores the 4th goal would win the game. A minute later Av’s make it 3-1. That was trouble.

Fu*k sake there were some brutal non calls and soft one on Cole which basically turned the tide 

Ya, the reffing was a joke as usual. That 'interference' call on Hughes... Call against Woods was pretty weak too, but at least that could be a penalty. Hughes didn't do anything and got called for it. Multiple actual instances of interference by the AVs after that not called. No surprise

• Cheers 2

First game without Demko and we see the difference, obviously the team packed it in in the 3rd but Demmer makes a couple of saves there where DeSmith doesn't. 

We should have pushed in the 3rd for a 6-1 win, instead we sit back and it's 4-3. Tocchet does like to sit on a lead and it just doesn't work against these top teams. We can shutdown a non playoff team easily but the Avs are always going to break through.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I admit the refs weren’t good but the bigger factor is that they didn’t handle the adversity and they played soft and Colorado raised their level of play that the Canucks didn’t match. Colorado overcame being down 3-0. That’s the adversity they faced. They overcame it and won. They deserved the win. The Canucks decided to not play 60 min. They didn’t deserve to win. They deserved the loss based on their inability to face adversity and play a full 60.

The Avs played 20 and deserved to win less. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya but who’s to say the reffing wouldn’t be just as bad. You have to learn to overcome it. Their pp also has to come back and start to be consistent again otherwise we are hooped. Giving up goals on the pk and not scoring on the pp is a recipe for disaster. 

What do you mean just as bad? Reffing is so much worse in the playoffs.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I don't accept the shitty reffing and diving nor is it whining to address it. Whining suggests a tone or mood....something that even the super sleuths on here can't detect through keystrokes.

I also don't ignore the fact that the team unravels and looks shellshocked when the refs lace them up for the other side. They have to become acclimatized to this environment of incompetence, selective blindness and ineptness. Shouldn't be this way, but it is. And they can beat both teams if they stay focused.

Av's needed a handicap and got it. That reveals a lot to me.

Canucks owned this game until the refs took control. They have to find a way to battle through it but I also recognize that 5 on 3's at the end of a game that they've played hard in up until that point will tire a team out. More than the one being gifted the advantages. So there's that but sure. Ignore it.

People who chime in with their "whining" tough guy chirps can stick their heads in the sand but we don't all have to. If you think this is pro level stuff, well, I can't help you.

Yes, all teams contend with it but I'm not convinced that if/when the McDavids, Matthews, MacKinnons take a head shot it'll be a non event like it was tonight. There's not a level playing field and that can impact games. Waaa.

Vancouver has always got the shaft. Seems that way. Maybe with Seattle around now it will help but the Officiating has been so-so ever since I remember in Van.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He's been very solid when he's healthy. He's human. And normally he does the smart play. He made a mistake. Learn from it and carry on.

I'm more ticked at the Mason penalty, that should have been 5 and a game.

wouldn't have made any difference.. we prolly sit around 5min worth of PP doing nothing and they get all the momentum from the big kill win the game before regulation if anything

The turning point.

Now yes, it's on the Canucks to stay composed and battle through adversity. But you have to question the timing of the refs deciding to nail it down. Swooping in for the third....after glancing over a head shot as they did. Very suspect when they suddenly wake up and start seeing things.

433016598_10160809998270549_669337142587

Connect the dots to see when/how the Avs took the game over. Not all on their own.

432552358_10160810000775549_389575179061

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

wouldn't have made any difference.. we prolly sit around 5min worth of PP doing nothing and they get all the momentum from the big kill win the game before regulation if anything

Spoken like a true fan.

• Haha 1