[PGT] Scamalanche at Canucks

1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

Frack  ... still, good effort by the Canucks, some questionable calls by the Zebras, a bad bounce and an uncharacteristic play by Soucy. 

Still, Canucks needed to find a way and not let the foot up of the gas.

On to next game and Go Canucks Go!

My sentiments exactly

I almost never criticize the refs as I find every team gets shit calls and games pilfered by the refs from time to time and the whining annoys me. But that 5 on 3 call was utter shite and played a massive role in the momentum and ultimate outcome.

Scoring with your face is rather unconventional as well and bad guys got super lucky on that one but then again, luck is most often made in this world

I know the boys wanted to kill that off for Souc and win it for DeSmither but what the hell right?

Come back harder next time and dial it in for 60 next time we meet the Avs

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Joshua.Guy said:

The Hughes penalty was as soft as baby shit. Pettersson's was legit. Cole's stick touched hands, called all the time. Puck over glass, well... 

If the Canucks could score a power play goal, specifically on the 3rd period PP this wouldn't even be mentioned. Canucks have themselves to blame with shitty special teams.

This^

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Spoken like a true fan.

i mean at this point with the way our PP is playing in the last couple months? i rather take the team 5v5 then watch them fail on the pp and let the other team have momentum

28 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Sinking to personal attacks yet again.  No point in continuing the conversation with you, just going to report you every time you choose to do this.

Nothing personal about you choosing to be ignorant.  I gave you a pretty in-depth book highlighting a referee and controversy surrounding it, and you chose to not even give it a look.  That's on you buddy.

5 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

The Hughes penalty was as soft as baby shit. Pettersson's was legit. Cole's stick touched hands, called all the time. Puck over glass, well... 

If the Canucks could score a power play goal, specifically on the 3rd period PP this wouldn't even be mentioned. Canucks have themselves to blame with shitty special teams.

You mean the pp where they ran all kinds of picks that were ignored?

And Quinn got clipped and...nothing?

Right.

Anyhow, I feel confident that this team WILL adjust and learn how to win despite the refs but other teams will rely on them and they won't always get that advantage.

Av's didn't look so big/bad before the refs stepped in.  Diving is an indicator that they're needing some help....that's a sign of weakness.

• Cheers 2

I’m not sure there’s much more to say about the refs tonight. Hopefully the team can dig a bit deeper next time the ice gets tilted.

I know Petey has put up points against good teams this year but he looked lost tonight, as did the PP. The team needs his competitive fire to burn come playoffs - he is so dynamic when he is feeling it.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, YourHuckleberry said:

I’m not sure there’s much more to say about the refs tonight.

I don't think I've ever heard a more true statement than this in all my life.

Since last Canucks game. 😉

39 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It was a factor but that’s adversity for you. You are going to face it in the playoffs. You can’t be soft on pucks. You have to overcome or you will lose a series.

Overcome it... or get some help from the refs.  The players can generally only do something about the overcoming part, and I trust them enough to do so, most of the time. They wouldn't be where they are if they didn't.

That said, you're not wrong. If the Canucks played their game in the third, we had a good chance for the win, even in spite of the bad reffing.

The Canucks played like crap for 20 minutes.  The Avs did so even longer. Shit happened.

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Nothing personal about you choosing to be ignorant.  I gave you a pretty in-depth book highlighting a referee and controversy surrounding it, and you chose to not even give it a look.  That's on you buddy.

Disagreeing with you does not make someone ignorant, which is absolutely a personal attack.  Maybe there was a reason Ken Dryden, a man smarter than even you think you are, wouldn't speak with the author?  Every single time another poster disagrees with you, you resort to personal attacks and act like they're not entitled to their opinion.

Reporting this one and will continue to do so until you figure it out.  I'm definitely not your buddy.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Psycho_Path said:

What do you mean just as bad? Reffing is so much worse in the playoffs.

No, it isn't. It just looks like it because there is so much at stake that all the players are pushing the envelope to see what they can get away with. If you can get away with a punch in the face, you take it and hope it helps you win. I'd argue that the referee's job is more difficult in the playoffs, and the calls they make seem so much more important than the same penalties during a Monday night game in January. Adding to that, fans are paying closer attention to every minute of the game in the playoffs and obsessing over every call. And so every bad call becomes magnified and dissected and subject to conspiracy theories that feature Gary Bettman manipulating who wins the Stanley Cup. But the refereeing, if anything, becomes MORE relaxed as the playoffs progress towards the final, probably because they don't want to be the ones that decide a game or a series. And don't we all love a referee who just let's them play?

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Right.

Anyhow, I feel confident that this team WILL adjust and learn how to win despite the refs but other teams will rely on them and they won't always get that advantage.

Av's didn't look so big/bad before the refs stepped in.  Diving is an indicator that they're needing some help....that's a sign of weakness.

That's one of the biggest displays of anger I've ever seen from Quinn. That lets me know he was bang on right. Makes a good Captain, of that I'm sure now.

• Cheers 2

Miller wasn't hurt so that's a takeaway for me.

Despite the fact that Manson felt that headhunting was the way to contain him. Again...more a sign of weakness than strength. 

Avs are dirty divers. But some wave their pom poms so, like the team, I guess we just have to contend with it.

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Kragar said:

But it doesn't take away the fact that the refs had a significant impact on the game, one they shouldn't have.

There have been games this year where the refs were dogs hit and the Canucks still won.

Sometimes the team will win, and sometimes they will lose. Regardless of whether the refs played a part in it or not. But when they do, they deserve the criticism. And there's nothing wrong with us fans bitching about it. The players, well it's best if they use it as motivation, which I suspect they will.

The Avs and Canucks are good teams. Comparable teams, standingswise at least. If the refs are going to give a noticeable advantage to one of them (whichever one), 9/10 that team will win.

Well said.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Right.

Deb

You have a point about reffing.  No one disputes it. But you are posting on a Canuck fan forum.

So what are you doing?

You are telling Canuck fans to complain about reffing.

You are not changing anything.

So, let's stop that and get tough heading into the playoffs. Let's start making fun of it not complaining.

Let's get the fan base riled up to back the guys to kick butt not complain about reffing.

Do you see what I am saying? Complaining does nothing.

Respect.

FF42

• Cheers 1

Got a point.  Zads with the Gordie Howe hat trick.  We’ve played well the last 4 games before and 2/3 of this one.  3 out of the four wins against problem teams for us.  Questionable calls against us both this game and the last avs game.  Hope to meet them sometime in the playoffs so we can destroy them.  Next up, the Caps.  Hope to have my VPN working so I can watch this game somewhere off the coast of Japan.

In a move to take some heat off the boys. I have a confession. I didn't watch the game for any of the goals we scored, but watched all 4 of the Avs goals. I think the problem was I started watching the game. That's on me guys. I'll do better next game. My playoff intensity just wasn't there.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Having MacKinnon acknowledge it was a battle for them against us says plenty. We’re for real but we let this one slip away. Miller said it, Tocc said it. Fortunately we did great leading up to this against other western division rivals. Good to know we can hang with cup favourites with our back up in play and admitted off nights for some. 

I look forward to squaring up with them in the playoffs!

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Right.

WILL adjust to win despite of the ref?? haven't that been the narrative for 30 years now? the ref screwed us