[PGT] Scamalanche at Canucks

Just now, -dlc- said:

That was what set me off.

In a league that's been supposedly getting head shots out of the game since 1805, they have to try harder. That was a dangerous play and if Miller laid on the ice like an Av, maybe they would've been forced to get it right. They shouldn't need that help though...it was an obvious 5 minute. And to see Manson on the ice afterward was just...wrong. Give him the Myers treatment.

Manson is the 2nd player in to contact Miller against the boards. He angles himself for contact. How is that not intentional? 

Dunno, I'd love to hear the official explanation. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Jennifer Lopez Yes GIF by mtv

That is what I don't get about the schism here in this forums.

Just because people are more skeptical and pessimistic than others doesn't mean they want see the Canucks fail. No one is lurking these threads and spending time here just so they can see the team burn. 

Besides 10 years of failure for the team can make people more cynical. 

It's purely hypocrisy. Half the fans take their frustration out on the team after a tough loss. Pointing out valid issues or concerns.

But the other half take their frustration out on those fans, but then act like they are standing up for the team, or calling out something.... when in reality they are venting their frustrations in exactly the same way. Targeting their fellow fans instead.

Hyporcisy

Just now, JayDangles said:

It's purely hypocrisy. Half the fans take their frustration out on the team after a tough loss. Pointing out valid issues or concerns.

But the other half take their frustration out on those fans, but then act like they are standing up for the team, or calling out something.... when in reality they are venting their frustrations in exactly the same way. Targeting their fellow fans instead.

Hyporcisy  Internet 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Shitty loss but it'll leave a burr under their saddles and next time they'll get em.

I get being angry about the loss but being ugly and spreading your blackness around is just well......shitty. 

I think a few people need to look at themselves in the mirror.

Move on to the next game.  GCG!

Trenins and Duhaime were great additions for Col. Those two are going to be tough to play against in a 7 game series. Talk about playing the guts of the ice properly.  

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Vintage 2

I remember back in the day, a slash was a slash and a hook was a hook. Blatant, obvious. Easy calls to make. I don't know when it changed, but the rules have gotten out of hand. So many players taking advantage of every little minor infraction to get their team on the PP.  The diving and faking has become embarrassing, like soccer injuries. McDavid might be the worst, but there are many, including MacKinnon.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 43isprime said:

One thing I really liked about Pettersson early in his career was it always felt like the puck was glued to his stick. It seemed hard for defenders to knock it off. That's very much no longer the case.

Other teams have figured out not to worry about the puck. Give him a little shove and he falls over and they just take the puck.

Also, man were his passes off last night. It's one thing to not generate anything individually, it's another to screw up your linemates from doing anything by turning over the puck every shift.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I remember back in the day, a slash was a slash and a hook was a hook. Blatant, obvious. Easy calls to make. I don't know when it changed, but the rules have gotten out of hand. So many players taking advantage of every little minor infraction to get their team on the PP.  The diving and faking has become embarrassing, like soccer injuries. McDavid might be the worst, but there are many, including MacKinnon.

I think youre remembering incorrectly, spend some time on YouTube and re-watch old games.  

40 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Not every hockey player is a fighter.

Don't have to be. Just don't be a coward. I expect everyone to a man to stick up for eachother. Garland took on Tanev, PDG took on Lowry, Hogs going at it with Forbort, Quinn threw with Pekar at the WJC. They obviously aren't fighters the difference is their engaged in battle not a Chip n dale looking muscle bound pansy ass wall flower. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Other teams have figured out not to worry about the puck. Give him a little shove and he falls over and they just take the puck.

Also, man were his passes off last night. It's one thing to not generate anything individually, it's another to screw up your linemates from doing anything by turning over the puck every shift.

To be fair, people have been talking non stop about how miller has carried the team on his shoulders since the all star break and how Petey has been so horrible.  And though I agree that miller has been great and Petey's been off, coming into last night I think there was only a 3 point difference between the two players in that span.

11 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Maybe this is a Canuck problem in not playing the game with this new normal. I find our guys hardly dive while others embellish like they are trying out for a movie script. We have too much integrity and it’s costing us games. 

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

It would be laughable if it wasn't so predictable.

Meanwhile our guys would have got a 5 and a game for that. Add another 2 or so game suspension. This is a joke

Edited by Grandmaster
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Trenins and Duhaime were great additions for Col. Those two are going to be tough to play against in a 7 game series. Talk about playing the guts of the ice properly.  

thats kind of the lesson I saw, how overmatched PDG was vs these guys. We really need Joshua back to up the quality of our bottom 6. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

To be fair, people have been talking non stop about how miller has carried the team on his shoulders since the all star break and how Petey has been so horrible.  And though I agree that miller has been great and Petey's been off, coming into last night I think there was only a 3 point difference between the two players in that span.

Well I guess that means their pretty equivelant in terms of the impact they make on the game. 

Watching the first period and half of the second i thought this is the best game we have played all year. Skating hitting forechecking pressure all over the ice.  If we play like that there isnt a team in the league that can beat us. 

The hit by Manson on Miller is only a 2 min penalty because Miller is as tough as nails and didnt flop on the ice. If he goes down and rolls around Manson is gone. 

I didnt like a couple calls but in reality things balance out over a season. The OT PP we got in LA some might have argued as a soft call even though the Kings announcers agreed it was a penalty. Some calls go your way some dont. Have to be able to play through those. 

De Smith played well and he wasnt the reason we lost. Thats a positive from the game.

The goal with 2 seconds left in the second was the turning point. You just cannot give up that goal. Not only for the time left in the period but the way it went in. 2 Canucks standing there no one took away the stick. Bad goal. Bad timing, Bad play.  That gave the Avs life.

The third period was an example of what not to do against a good team. Defending against Mackinnon et al is much easier if you are doing it in their end of the ice. we stopped forechecking, stopped skating and let them back into the game. dumping the puck in and just letting them regroup and come back at us is never a good formula to defend a lead. Make them defend. Make it uncomfortable in their own end. We didnt do that the last 21 minutes or so of the game.

Soucy has been so good for us at times we forget hes human. I wont bury him for the bad play but I knew it was over when he did that the only question was whether we would get a point out of it or not.

The best thing the team and some posters can do is put this loss in the rearview mirror and move on from it. We got a point, learned a lesson, and are still in first place in this conference which by the way is still a pretty darned good place to be.

• Cheers 3

Just now, Hammertime said:

Well I guess that means their pretty equivelant in terms of the impact they make on the game. 

Obviously miller has had a bigger impact on games lately as he's played a much harder, two way game.  However, when he was at his best, the team wasn't winning much.  It wasn't until Petey started playing better that the team started winning more.  It does show Petey hasn't been as bad as many have been making him out to be

One thing is for sure, to be successful in the playoffs, both players need to be going

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mikeyman109 said:

Watching the first period and half of the second i thought this is the best game we have played all year. Skating hitting forechecking pressure all over the ice.  If we play like that there isnt a team in the league that can beat us. 

The hit by Manson on Miller is only a 2 min penalty because Miller is as tough as nails and didnt flop on the ice. If he goes down and rolls around Manson is gone. 

I didnt like a couple calls but in reality things balance out over a season. The OT PP we got in LA some might have argued as a soft call even though the Kings announcers agreed it was a penalty. Some calls go your way some dont. Have to be able to play through those. 

De Smith played well and he wasnt the reason we lost. Thats a positive from the game.

The goal with 2 seconds left in the second was the turning point. You just cannot give up that goal. Not only for the time left in the period but the way it went in. 2 Canucks standing there no one took away the stick. Bad goal. Bad timing, Bad play.  That gave the Avs life.

The third period was an example of what not to do against a good team. Defending against Mackinnon et al is much easier if you are doing it in their end of the ice. we stopped forechecking, stopped skating and let them back into the game. dumping the puck in and just letting them regroup and come back at us is never a good formula to defend a lead. Make them defend. Make it uncomfortable in their own end. We didnt do that the last 21 minutes or so of the game.

Soucy has been so good for us at times we forget hes human. I wont bury him for the bad play but I knew it was over when he did that the only question was whether we would get a point out of it or not.

The best thing the team and some posters can do is put this loss in the rearview mirror and move on from it. We got a point, learned a lesson, and are still in first place in this conference which by the way is still a pretty darned good place to be.

That pretty sums it up.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 43isprime said:

1. We don't have a gamebreaker like Mackinnon.

2. Avs played last night and were probably trying to conserve energy where they could.

3. Their core is more experienced at winning than ours. I hope we'll get to where the Avs are at some point, but we're not there yet.

Remember the 2010-11 Canucks used to do this to other teams.

This game reminds me a bit of that game when the Grizzlies played the Bulls and the game was somewhat close until Michael Jordan decided he should probably try for the last 6 minutes of the game.

The Avs are hoping to go far in the playoffs just like us. I think they were conserving energy in the early game. Unfortunately that plan worked, though we should have

kicked up ours up to counter. We backed off after we scored three. We seem to figure that should do it.  We are the ones that blew it. A nervous net minder; to be expected.

Canucks just didn't play well, thru the third. I wont name them. I should and if anyone else weighs in, I will.

Team has to get use to playing a little different without Demko for a spell. There's not a legitimate excuse for how we played in the second half of the game.

The officiating once again was erratic.  Quinn Hughes wouldn't generally have a yelling match with one unless he saw a grievous error on the call.

Onwards---------------

We're playing Hughes far too much. Put him on 2nd unit PP with Juulsen. Put Soucy and Hronek on PP1. On PK do the opposite. We need a guy who can be physical on PP and PK when needed.

I know people call out for the 6 40 9 line. But I wonder if that would be a short term solution to a long term problem. Because then teams would just shut down that line. Then nothing gets going. Maybe in the 3rd using the 6 40 9 line would have sparked the team back to the attack, we need scoring depth if we are going to go anywhere. The team was fine until that 1st goal. The team needs to focus better.

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

The Avs are hoping to go far in the playoffs just like us. I think they were conserving energy in the early game. Unfortunately that plan worked, though we should have

kicked up ours up to counter. We backed off after we scored three. We seem to figure that should do it.  We are the ones that blew it. A nervous net minder; to be expected.

Canucks just didn't play well, thru the third. I wont name them. I should and if anyone else weighs in, I will.

Team has to get use to playing a little different without Demko for a spell. There's not a legitimate excuse for how we played in the second half of the game.

The officiating once again was erratic.  Quinn Hughes wouldn't generally have a yelling match with one unless he saw a grievous error on the call.

Onwards---------------

I don't know if Colorado was conserving energy as much as they started slow and Vancouver came out ready to play.  They were skating hard and fire checking and for whatever reason, they stopped doing it in the third period.

The Cole and Soucy penalties were just stupid penalties to take and at the worst points in the game.