[PGT] Scamalanche at Canucks

46 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Trenins and Duhaime were great additions for Col. Those two are going to be tough to play against in a 7 game series. Talk about playing the guts of the ice properly.  

Canucks will worry about that when/if we get to the Conférence final.

Which would be a great success regardless of the outcome.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Worst part is knowing this is how playoff hockey is & that we completely choked the game away.

Might be a short spring. Which would be extremely disappointing.

My bet is with healthy Demko, we’ll go to the Conference’s final

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Also, MacKinnon didn't do much until the refs slanted the ice .... before that, not much there.

Miller had control of things until that POS slammed his head into the boards. 

I do agree...Petey's got to do more. He's supposed to be our game breaker and I have confidence he will be again. 

Refs weren’t great, but it’s such a classic Canucks fan move to blame our bullshit play on the refs. 
We lost that game.  
They started great, then stood back and let Mac take over.  
Is Mackinnon a bitch?   Yup. 
Is he also an insanely great hockey player?  Hell yeah.  
We blew it and he said thanks.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Nah they were dogshit, stop defending literal garbage. 

I wouldn’t be offended if the league went back to the one ref system. Calls would get missed, but a least there wouldn’t be the extra guy on the the ice getting in the way. IMO fans have raised expectations that when two refs are out there, nothing will be missed. 

I promise you this. If there was only one ref on the ice and a call was missed, I would not complain. The guy is only human, and it goes both ways. The extra ref is as useful as the goal judge. Get rid off them. They earned it 

The Canucks lost tonight because:

1. They took their foot of the gas in the last thirty minutes.

2. Avs got some freaky bounces on two of their goals.

3. Their power play once again was not good at all.

4. Zads took a fight with Manson when he shouldn’t have. Instead the Canucks should have gone after the Avs stars.

Throw the puck into Makar’s corner and pound him at every opportunity. Play Makinnon and Rantanen extra hard. The so called fight with Manson was like letting the Avs off the hook

On the bright side, they got a point out this debacle. Maybe some lessons were learned. I don’t care if we win the President’s trophy and it doesn’t matter who the Canucks play in the playoffs. I just want to see the team round into shape for the playoffs and be ready to play hard for 60 when the games really matter.

Rant over.

• Cheers 1

Couple of observations from the Avs game.  

1.  Demko is in and we win that one.  Desmith was good just not Demko.  

2.  Refs were not good again.  Not horrible but not good.  Example: Call Quinn for a soft interference on the PP and don't call the Avs for the high stick on Petey on the PK later in the game.  How do you make a soft call and then not make the obvious one?  That is one example but not consistent.  

3.  Suter is not a top 6 player.  Need Pods or PDG in that spot.  

4.  Nice that Mik got a goal.  

5.  Miller was awesome.  I thought Petey was good though.  

Learn and get better.  

• Cheers 2

Nucks gotta fix there more than extremely crappy power play.

its not working whatever they’re trying to do isn’t working it’s clear it won’t  work. 

Canucks need to stop towing the nhl line 

simply ask for the rule book that applies to them since it’s become very clear it’s different than the rest of the league.

like interference AVs ran so many picks yet not one call then Some  fabricated call on hughes shows up… 

tap to the hands on mackinon called tap to the hands on Hughes not called 

head shot suspension or fine for Canucks head shot by avs rewarded with a 2 minute minor no fine or anything else and the guy hit had to sit for ten minutes (fortunately it was an intermission) had it not been the guy receiving the illegal head contact would have had a much longer penalty than they guy who threw the illegal hit. 

avs mackinon says that was there best game of the season . 

so getting badly out played for basically 2 periods and having the refs had the game to you in the third was there best game ….yikes. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Refs weren’t great, but it’s such a classic Canucks fan move to blame our bullshit play on the refs. 
We lost that game.  
They started great, then stood back and let Mac take over.  
Is Mackinnon a bitch?   Yup. 
Is he also an insanely great hockey player?  Hell yeah.  
We blew it and he said thanks.  

You can now see the difference between a great player like McKinnon and a very good player like EP 40.    Guys like Mc-K and McJesus can single handedly take over a game, while EP40 cannot and why many were questioning why the canucks possibly overpaid him into the same league as those guys who are difference makers "When it counts"!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

If it's any consolation, MacKinnon said that was the best game of the season for the Avs.  They acknowledged that the Canucks are a "very, very" good team.

Still doesn't take away much of the sting.

• Huggy Bear 1

One thing the Canucks are gonna have to learn is that sportsmanship, integrity, and fair play doesn't win championships in this league.  The teams that do ANYTHING to win are the ones that usually do.

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Manson is the 2nd player in to contact Miller against the boards. He angles himself for contact. How is that not intentional? 

Dunno, I'd love to hear the official explanation. 

Despite what the standings say, this team still isn't anywhere close to being a powerhouse threatening team.  I honestly have to say that last saturdays game against WPG was the very 1st and only game this entire season (and I've been to or seen every game so far) - that the canucks played a completely air-tight 60 minutes.    Until we see that occur more often and abit more consistantly, this team will remain as a good team resting on the back of their goaltenders efforts not a great team and will not overcome the hurdles to a cup.

A Cup contender does not leave fans wondering what team will come out and show-up every game -like this crew!

Edited by RU SERIOUS
Typo
  • Cheers 1

People need to stop blaming the refs. Last night was the Canucks own doing. Did the refs take a penalty to go down 5-3? Did the refs make Soucy put the puck over the glass? 

This team needs to sharpen up. Desmith played alright not great but the team in front of him made some untimely mistakes as well.

1 hour ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

3 shots in the 3rd, felt like even less.

Great first 2, no sitting back against better teams. Keep moving forward, work on the powerplay

Exactly how the game felt. Great first 2 periods then they sat back with the lead. No intensity whatsoever.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

People need to stop blaming the refs. Last night was the Canucks own doing. Did the refs take a penalty to go down 5-3? Did the refs make Soucy put the puck over the glass? 

This team needs to sharpen up. Desmith played alright not great but the team in front of him made some untimely mistakes as well.

We can blame the refs if we want to 

There were some positives from last night:

1) Mik got that monkey off his back

2) Soucey will be more careful clearing the puck from his end 

3) Canucks understand embellishment more (don’t put yourself in a position to get called like that one handed soft tap on the hands Hughes did and stay down a second longer when someone does something to you) 

4) we got 1/2 points against a top tier team that has the best player in hockey

need to forecheck, not sit back.

Memo to Petey:

Next year, when you are getting the big bucks, people will expect big things, rather than just hoping for them.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Need to fix the special teams, way too inconsistent.

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Devron said:

We can blame the refs if we want to 

You can run around naked if you want to doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do. This loss is solely on the Canucks self destructing in a matter of minutes 

• Cheers 1