[PGT] Scamalanche at Canucks

30 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:

Couple of observations from the Avs game.  

1.  Demko is in and we win that one.  Desmith was good just not Demko.  

2.  Refs were not good again.  Not horrible but not good.  Example: Call Quinn for a soft interference on the PP and don't call the Avs for the high stick on Petey on the PK later in the game.  How do you make a soft call and then not make the obvious one?  That is one example but not consistent.  

3.  Suter is not a top 6 player.  Need Pods or PDG in that spot.  

4.  Nice that Mik got a goal.  

5.  Miller was awesome.  I thought Petey was good though.  

Learn and get better.  

If I’m thinking if the same high stick on EP it was actually Millers stick and no penalty was warranted. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Trenins and Duhaime were great additions for Col. Those two are going to be tough to play against in a 7 game series. Talk about playing the guts of the ice properly.  

I felt that was the Canucks biggest miss off the TDL. Not reconstructing the 4th line. I mean Lafferty has been invisible the last 30 games. Just goes for a skate out there. Doesn't hit, doesn't fight. Guy needs the press box and maybe a reminder of why he's here. 

4 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

You can run around naked if you want to doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do. This loss is solely on the Canucks self destructing in a matter of minutes 

Who Cares James Harden GIF by NBPA

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I didn't realize just how much Colorado embellishes. A team with that much skill shouldn't need to resort to such cheap chicanery to win. Watching lead diver MacSwimmer in action was something else. 

Yeah I honestly thought he was more of a straight shooter 

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, spook007 said:

Hmmmm.....

Only thing to say after that is... its still not play offs time...

Better to screw up now and learn, than to screw up during play offs... 

Let's not forget nobody saw us in this position at the start of the season. Boys are learning on the job...

On to the next one.... 

Had the exact same thought.     Don't like it when JT comes to play, get us on the scoreboard, and it's wasted.     COL can go pound sand with their comeback.   Truly hope we get another shot at them.  

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I didn't realize just how much Colorado embellishes. A team with that much skill shouldn't need to resort to such cheap chicanery to win. Watching lead diver MacSwimmer in action was something else. 

And what do our guys get for being honest? Nothing.

Like Miller could have fallen to the ice and stayed down for 5 minutes but he didn’t. Hughes could have wildly thrown his head back and he didn’t.

The more and more I watch this league I realize it rewards cheaters and divers. And the one guy on the team that could be accused of that doesn’t even get the calls anymore because he falls down so much.

• Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

pretty sad. I guess its sort of a compliment to have both MacK and Scheifele embellish for calls against us in one year. 

• Vintage 1

9 hours ago, Jaimito said:

The goal with 1.8 sec goal initially bounced off that photographer cutout hole in the glass according to Iain McIntyre. 

Breaks. 

I would love for the day that photographer cutout be eliminated from the game altogether.   It is not needed and gave breaks to teams lucky enough to be opportunistic.  I do not understand why it is even there from the beginning in the first place.   NHL is the only sport that opens the door with breaks with cutout like that.  No other sport has breaks from out of bounds quirky If you want photograph of players, go to bench where there are no glasses there.  The game deserves a true bounce.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

And what do our guys get for being honest? Nothing.

Like Miller could have fallen to the ice and stayed down for 5 minutes but he didn’t. Hughes could have wildly thrown his head back and he didn’t.

The more and more I watch this league I realize it rewards cheaters and divers. And the one guy on the team that could be accused of that doesn’t even get the calls anymore because he falls down so much.

True. I do credit the Canucks for being a stalwart and stout team that play like warriors instead of selling calls to wankerous officials who're clearly playing favorites (on the take too probably). Look no further than the loathsome commissioner to see the example being set. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

pretty sad. I guess its sort of a compliment to have both MacK and Scheifele embellish for calls against us in one year. 

Tells you something. They can't beat the Canucks without resorting to overacting. 

Not gonna make excuses for the team because obviously they stopped playing their game in the third.

But man why does it seem like every time another team needs a break the refs give it to them? It’s not so much the calls against us. Yea the Cole call was bad but whatever those happen. It’s the blatant penalties on our stars that don’t seem to get the same treatment as other stars. That Miller penalty was easily a 5 minute major for elbowing. What other star player wouldn’t get that call?

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Tells you something. They can't beat the Canucks without resorting to overacting. 

did the canucks let them back in? yep, they did and I think they are learning from this stuff. Just compare us to a year ago, this team has come a very long fricking way.

But yep, embellishment, a rare bad move by Soucy and a seeing eye puck were the difference. Happens. Wipe this one off your shoe and move on. 

Canucks have to play a full game and more than a few players just disappeared once the score was 3-0

On the officiating ..... The refs yet again got horribly played and look extremely incompetent.  The officiating is rewarding theatrical performances and punishing non embellished reactions 

On the miller targeted head shot he didn't flop on the ice so was punished by being sent off the same amount of time as the player who did the hit. Had miller did the ice flop performance it would have been called a major

On Coles penalty that put us down by 2 .... The theatrical.performance of the AVS player was rewarded .... That never gets called otherwise 

The NHL has to decide if theatrical performances are scored and rewarded .... Or not

The officiating is being played hard and seems clueless to how ridiculous they look

16 minutes ago, Devron said:

Yeah I honestly thought he was more of a straight shooter 

If it was Kesler or Burrows or Ruutu or Cooke, or Courtnall,  what would we be saying instead?   I'm sure " Character win"   "Amazing comeback".   Douche bag moves,  have been part of hockey since i've been watching anyways.   Like to see how the refs put a circle around Nathan McKinnon's name for his dive though.    It cut's both ways.   Some of Kesler's dives were epic.   Dare anyone to google it.    Still loved the guy.   The same way i'm sure COL fans, loved NM for doing anything and everything, to give his team a chance to win.    Also think NM did us a solid.   Rather he try that against us in the regular season.. now they will be looking for it.  

Also 5 x 5 reigns supreme in the post season.   Our team knows that.   So does the rest of the league.    

IMG_3778.png

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

did the canucks let them back in? yep, they did and I think they are learning from this stuff. Just compare us to a year ago, this team has come a very long fricking way.

But yep, embellishment, a rare bad move by Soucy and a seeing eye puck were the difference. Happens. Wipe this one off your shoe and move on. 

For sure. The Canucks are a good enough team to hang with the Avalanche. Some of the issues were self inflicted. You could see the crisp passing, hard forecheck, and overall physical dominance fade in the 3rd. The team will learn from this. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Jennifer Lopez Yes GIF by mtv

That is what I don't get about the schism here in this forums.

Just because people are more skeptical and pessimistic than others doesn't mean they want see the Canucks fail. No one is lurking these threads and spending time here just so they can see the team burn. 

Besides 10 years of failure for the team can make people more cynical. 

Dooooooooood

you get it…

exactly !!!

and when people get backlash for being upset it’s like salt in the wound… It’s a slap in the face for having emotions and for caring and being upset - it’s toxic behaviour - kicking people when they are down…

when all people need is some support and some comfort and a hug…

Kinda makes you wonder what sort of parenting these people received growing up… No compassion no empathy - were they shamed and criticized when they were sad…???

it’s kind of a little bit I don’t know bordering on disturbing to see people slamming people who are upset

9 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

In a move to take some heat off the boys. I have a confession. I didn't watch the game for any of the goals we scored, but watched all 4 of the Avs goals. I think the problem was I started watching the game. That's on me guys. I'll do better next game. My playoff intensity just wasn't there.

Way to own it... classy!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Coach said exactly what I would expect him to say in a postgame presser and put it back on the players. That’s fine - don’t let the players make excuses. Having said that it is perfectly obvious that  he thinks that reffing is the shits when the camera pans to the bench. 

Fans don’t get fined for pointing out shit or missed calls that cause big momentum swings  or for calling out the Augers or Peels in the league. Bitching & moaning won’t change the outcome of a game but it doesn’t make it wrong to want accountability. 

This is from the article from posted by @stawns claiming the league does hold officials accountable but do it behind closed doors. Fraser cites 2 (count’em 2) examples. One ref suspended for 1 game for an unauthorized interview and one linesman ordered to miss a playoff round when it was thought he stole the 2010 game -winning puck. He later went back to work when the puck was found. That doesn’t scream accountability to me.

The final Kerry Fraser quote from the  2015 article-

“In terms of accountability, I’m troubled when I see the same errors being made on far too regular a basis. These range from improper positioning, standard of enforcement, game management, communication and building professional working relationships with players and coaches.”

NBA holds the ref accountable when they announced error in foul calls but NHL doesn't.  NHL needs to step up and let us know that there are wrong call that was made but doesn't really change the result but at least put ref on the spotlight for error made and the ref would be feeling embarrassed by it and do better.  That is how you hold them accountable via the neutral viewpoint by the NHL.  Even missed call need to be announced as well.  Holding the ref accountable behind the door is not the way to go because nobody knows what the league is doing behind the door, opening the door up for corruption.  There are no evidence that the league is doing something.   Telling the public that the NHL does that via the ability to work in the playoffs via the performance review is not the answer.  We need the head count of which teams that was screwed over the course of the season and compare which team that screwed up a lot more than other.  That his how you balance the accountability. The ref that worked in the playoffs do screw a certain teams over the course of the season whether teams made the playoffs or not.

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

If it was Kesler or Burrows or Ruutu or Cooke, or Courtnall,  what would we be saying instead?   I'm sure " Character win"   "Amazing comeback".   Douche bag moves,  have been part of hockey since i've been watching anyways.   Like to see how the refs put a circle around Nathan McKinnon's name for his dive though.    It cut's both ways.   Some of Kesler's dives were epic.   Dare anyone to google it.    Still loved the guy.   The same way i'm sure COL fans, loved NM for doing anything and everything, to give his team a chance to win.    Also think NM did us a solid.   Good luck once you've got that stank on you, it doesn't go away quickly. 

IMG_3778.png

That was a bad time for us. Kes, Burr, and even the Sedins flopped easily.

While I supported the team, and loved all 4 of these guys, it was embarrassing when they pulled that crap.