[PGT] Scamalanche at Canucks

Just now, KFAN said:

Holy shit, the Avs came on big time, but our boys lost composure after that last second goal. Penalties again as the Avs get 3 PP goals. Again they have a few days off and they will regroup before facing Washington. They continue to show us what they can do, and they don't have to do that much more to beat the best teams. Accept the point, put this one behind us, and win the next one.

I think it was the first goal that killed them. 3-0 going into the third is way different. Gave life to the Avs. 

Just now, Darius said:

He usually shows up when they are losing.. up till a couple months ago he was calling this a bubble team. Dude has bad takes. 

Totally forgot about that lol.  I remember he was saying this team would come back down to earth and become a WC .500 hockey team lmao.  Acts all knowledgeable, but has such bad takes like you said.

• Like 1

I get the hate for the refs, most of my hate started with them getting in the f-in' way multiple times in one shift, but the team itself was bad. Like, I don't think we can blame the refs here. The team did not play well after they went up 3-0. They need to be better. That Soucy play, is on Soucy. The stick in the gloves, yes MacKinnon sold it. But the refs call that shit 9 times outta 10. We had one last time we played Colorado. This team lost this game. I am not going with excuses here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Petey was invisible tonight.

He was visible.  But he had a tough time getting through the checking.  

He made a good play on MacKinnon on defensive shift.  

His line wasn't dangerous though.  Hoggy's chance was when JT was on I think.  

• Cheers 1

There's difference between keeping the it low event, and keep giving the puck away and skating backwards the entire period. 

The 3rd period was one of the worst of the season.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I think it was the first goal that killed them. 3-0 going into the third is way different. Gave life to the Avs. 

Yeah, I agree. After that first goal, Avs kept getting stronger in the third, and the Canucks got weaker the entire period. 

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Wasn't in the gdt, but my guess is the usual crying about the refs.  You can't give a team like the Avs that many pp's and you can't quit skating.  The had the AVS where they wanted them, then gifted them 2 points.  No one to blame but themselves

Exactly! And going 0-3 on the PP without even sustained pressure is ridiculous. A team is going no where in POs with a MIA PP.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Captain Kirk said:

If we play the Av's in the playoffs were going to get annihilated.

So would most teams.  

They are among the favorites, esp if their captain returns for playoffs. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Av's .... all they need is Tony Granato standing on their bench yelling and pointing a finger and they'll be all set.

Just like old times.

Dirty.

Diving.

Divas.

I feel confident that this team would whip their sorry asses if the refs didn't swoop in to save them just in the nick of time.

We have to be better and expect that to happen. It does....don't unravel or change the game plan.

I sure hope Nate's ok after that brutal side swipe he took. Was quite dramatic.

Yet Huggy gets clipped. Helter Skelter Manson tries to take JT's head off. Seems legit. That's their game plan I guess.

I'm angry because I feel shortchanged in a game that this team was dominating. I'd like it to be a fair fight, but whatever. This is bush league stuff.

And the team does have to respond better when the refs suit up for the other team. 

I'm just glad JT's ok. They won't keep him down for long...he'll disassemble the Avs all on his own. Nate the fake. Another McDavid...loads of skill. Not much dignity.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

He was visible.  But he had a tough time getting through the checking.  

He made a good play on MacKinnon on defensive shift.  

His line wasn't dangerous though.  Hoggy's chance was when JT was on I think.  

He was pretty invisible.  Generated nothing offensively.  One decent defensive shift in an entire game is pretty much invisible IMO.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Agreed. Win the next three. This one stings because we had control up 3-0. That late second period goal killed us and the refs of course. Have to fight through adversity.

There are people who are blaming Nate for diving or the refs for swinging the momentum around.  Guess what - it's gonna happen again in the playoffs.  Shit is gonna go our way and if we're not up to it, this will be the outcome every time.  

• Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, Plsdontdoit said:

I gotta feel for the people that watch that choke Job in person 

Yep, $500 for that ???????????    Wait until next year - Aqau-Lini is raising prices 13-21% !     Imaging being a STH????

6 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Defensive lapse with 1.8 seconds to go in the 2nd.

Careless hooking penalty to give up 2-man adv. early 3rd.

Another boneheaded delay of game penalty with 8 seconds to go in the 3rd.

Canucks couldn't be more deliberately asking to blow this game up than this.

Careless hooking or an egregious fake by Madrama queenin. And Refs bought it hook line and sinker. He should be fined.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1