[PGT] Scamalanche at Canucks

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

And then they call this? Very piss poor.

That’s bush league. Looked accidental to me, but credit the Oscar worthy performance of the Avalanche player, for selling it. Sometimes I wonder if the NHL is a sport or sport’s entertainment, like WWE. I wonder who coached him. Shawn Michaels or Ricky Steamboat?

• Cheers 2

I mean, that gave them a 5 on 3 in the third period.  Yet Quinn got high sticked and they let it go.

And consider that the light one handed brush with the stick garnered the same penalty as this. Two minutes:

• ThereItIs 2

The team has looked much better lately, but during our bad stretch from mid Feb to Early Mar, the officiating was bad but our PP was worse.  I was at the Winnipeg game on Feb 17 and the refs made several bad calls in that game but then proceeded to do several obvious make up calls...and we just couldn't convert.

Yesterday, we had a chance to take the lead 4-3 on the PP later in the game and we couldn't get it done in crunch time.

That and the unfortunate Soucy penalty with 8 seconds left.  I will give him a pass on that given his value to this team.

Edited by Sell.the.team

Still pissed off we didn't snag a RW for Pettersson. He is a good player, but let's be real... playing with Suter & Hoglander isn't the same as playing with Draisaitl/Marner/Point/Rantanen etc. 

19 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

No, it isn't. It just looks like it because there is so much at stake that all the players are pushing the envelope to see what they can get away with. If you can get away with a punch in the face, you take it and hope it helps you win. I'd argue that the referee's job is more difficult in the playoffs, and the calls they make seem so much more important than the same penalties during a Monday night game in January. Adding to that, fans are paying closer attention to every minute of the game in the playoffs and obsessing over every call. And so every bad call becomes magnified and dissected and subject to conspiracy theories that feature Gary Bettman manipulating who wins the Stanley Cup. But the refereeing, if anything, becomes MORE relaxed as the playoffs progress towards the final, probably because they don't want to be the ones that decide a game or a series. And don't we all love a referee who just let's them play?

yes. More relaxed (aka doing their job less) is worse reffing. Did you watch the Canucks vs San Jose series back 8 years ago or whenever that was? Complete joke reffing. Has nothing to do with being more invested.

2 hours ago, testycal said:

Grammar police road stop

Pestilence = petulance

pes·ti·lence
/ˈpestələns/

noun
ARCHAIC

1. a fatal epidemic disease, especially bubonic plague.

Grammar Police are Petulant many of them together may be Pestilent in your case possibly Testycalant. 

Tony the maggot has high praises for the team, coach and management.

He is retired but has the lens of an old timer who has seen all those lean yrs in Vancouver.  Interesting to hear his perspective.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Psycho_Path said:

yes. More relaxed (aka doing their job less) is worse reffing. Did you watch the Canucks vs San Jose series back 8 years ago or whenever that was? Complete joke reffing. Has nothing to do with being more invested.

I respect your opinion. I just disagree with it.

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Here's the thing. Yes, MacKinnon's a good player but I don't give a f about the guy. He's not on my team and, as a matter of fact, he's on a team I can't stand so he can take a flying leap at a rolling donut.

He's a #1 pick and so his bar should be set higher.

He's played twice the number of games of Petey.

Played double the number of years.

Don't compare Nate now to Petey....go back to the first 6 years to do it fairly. 

Petey's not firing on all cylinders but Nate's not a God like some make him out to be. And his drama was a over the top prima donna crap.

I'm going to ignore all the negativity. I saw someone challenge the fact that fans have a right to be negative but do they? I mean look at where we are this year and tell me that we shouldn't maybe heap praise on our team for how far they've come rather than setting totally unrealistic expectations. Like winning every game. Or just never turning back with a lead...teams come at you harder. 

Teams blow leads all the time...that's not just a Canucks thing it's just how it is. 

So if we can't "whine" about reffing quit whining about the team losing at times. Happens. But some here hit the panic button and act like the team's awful. They're not. Maybe just get behind them.

Nathan MacKinnon after first 374 games:

303 points 

Elias Pettersson after first 392 games:

402 points 

Petey is on a better PPG pace than MacKinnon if you go back to the beginning of both of their careers. MacKinnon didn’t hit 100 points until his 10th season in the NHL. 

I remember lots of people saying that MacKinnon was not worthy of being a #1 overall pick when he was in his early 20’s. 

Fun fact. Elias Lindholm, Nikita Zadorov and Bo Horvat, who turned into Filip Hronek, were all drafted in the same draft as Nathan MacKinnon. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

To make us smile......It's the Bett-Phone sir....

"No Gary you can't say Vegas is going to win the cup. That's not how it works..."

"No Bill, you can't say Chicago is going to draft Celibrini, that's not how it works...."

"No Bill, 6 expansion teams at once is not a good idea.... why are you talking buckets of money, don't you have set expansion fees?"

"I'm going to go talk to my cat. She's a smart cat. Yes she's a hockey fan....."

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Devron said:

I’m so over this game and MacEmbellishment

What’s great tonight is the Flames beating Vegas haha

Wild 4 pts back, and played just one more game. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Tony the maggot has high praises for the team, coach and management.

He is retired but has the lens of an old timer who has seen all those lean yrs in Vancouver.  Interesting to hear his perspective.

Christ. He’s still alive. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

And then they call this? Very piss poor.

Since the NHL Is incentifying and rewarding the acting we need another year end round of trophies

- Best dive of the season - 

- most convincing selling .... Maybe called the Play dead award 

- best team divers .... Maybe called the synchronized diving team award

- best over all con job - make our games awesome award ? Maga for short ?

And last but not least .... The seeing eye dog memorial trophy .... For the ref who was played the hardest and fell for it