[PGT] Scamalanche at Canucks

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Can't wait for the next year's 4 nations cup and then Olympics.  Finally Crosby, MacKinnon and McDavid on the same team.  

but unless we have quality goaltending and defense, we'll lose. Can't always out-score your defensive liabilities. eg: see Oilers hockey.

right now team Canada is really lacking in quality goalies. 

At the end of the day no matter if some feel the call can be justified by the full application of the rule to the.absolute technical mechanics of the play ... That soft of a call has no history of being called to provide a 2 man advantage

And no matter what people feel about Nate he absolutely put on a performance to sell it.  I don't blame him as he officials have made it clear they and the NHL department of player safety give credit for theatrical performances and reward that behavior.

Don't like it but unless the NHL grows a pair and puts a stop to the acting then it's going to keep happening and expanding 

NHL is turning into world Cup soccer of old with ridiculous acting becoming the bigger part of the game then actual skills 

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

but unless we have quality goaltending and defense, we'll lose. Can't always out-score your defensive liabilities. eg: see Oilers hockey.

right now team Canada is really lacking in quality goalies. 

Plenty of good D men and two way forwards.  Hill and Bennington both won cups. 

Holy crap. What a bunch of whiners. Never stops with this select group of crybaby posters.

On 3/13/2024 at 11:57 PM, Miss Korea said:

The refs aren't accountable to fucking anyone.  The key to any team succeeding is for the players to collectively ask themselves, "what can we do differently?"  It's not "what if the officiating was better?"

The fact is they won and we lost.  The fact is our players are speaking to the media about what this team needs to better, not what the refs or the opponents did.

The childishness and lack of intelligence here is unbelievable.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Was he directing that energy at me?  I'm not sure

dunno.

What I'd like to see from him and others like @stawns is a suggestion as to how we should be discussing things like reffing more positively. Cool, bunch of whiners. Then educate the hoopleheads, how should people discuss this part of the game?

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

dunno.

What I'd like to see from him and others like @stawns is a suggestion as to how we should be discussing things like referring more positively. Cool, bunch of whiners. Then educate the hoopleheads, how should people discuss this part of the game?

Well, I'm just surprised people still care about the outcome after a couple days.  I thought to myself after the game, "I dont wanna hear people complaining about refs or diving", but now I just don't care.  It's in the past.

I'm legit confused what people are still complaining about right now.

Just now, Miss Korea said:

Well, I'm just surprised people still care about the outcome after a couple days.  I thought to myself after the game, "I dont wanna hear people complaining about refs or diving", but now I just don't care.  It's in the past.

tbh I'm not sure 😅

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Maybe because the game is tomorrow.  

Too long of a break on this home stand. 

32 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

you see the irony in your post, yes? 

People would probably have moved on from the complaining but for others telling them not to complain and calling them whiners. And just so we’re clear this is the PGT from the game not the GDT for the next one.

Like the team and fans aren’t separate things. The team & players are saying and doing exactly what they should be doing. Fans here are doing what fans from every single team do… complain about crappy calls, missed calls, and lack of consistency but somehow we’re supposed to better? 

I always forget what the rules are. We’re allowed to criticize players, coaches, management, ownership, DOP,  Bettman…but calling out refs is whining? 

• ThereItIs 3

5 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Reasons why people still harp on the Canucks last game.

1. The Canucks are the only major sports team in BC. I love you Lions, but c'mon. Whitecaps? Meh. There is one major draw here, and it is the Canucks. 
  2. They're really fucking good.
  3. This team has been around since 1970, and no Cup. It's been closer than any other Canadian team in the last couple of decades though. 
  4. They had the game in their hands with a vise grip. Miller was outstanding. 
  5. Let's face it, most of us should be working right now.......😂
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, 43isprime said:

It's hilarious how any time someone tries to compare Pettersson to Mackinnon and ends up looking silly, the fallback is linemates, and not the fact that MacKinnon is faster, bigger, stronger, and simply a better player 🤣

"Nobody is going to vote for Petey for the Hart trophy if he’s playing on a (expletive) team."

MacKinnon's first season as Hart Trophy runner up came in his 5th season with Colorado finishing with 95 points.

The Canucks in Pettersson's 6th season will eclipse 100 points. I don't see a Hart Trophy runner up for him this season 🤣

I never said Petey was on the same level as MacKinnon talent wise. I said point wise he was trending higher over his first 5 seasons. I can’t help it if this factual information has triggered you.  Were you this confident on MacKinnon’s abilities when he was putting up 52 points?  

And yes it does matter who your linemates are. I don’t recall any superstars in my 35 years of watching hockey who won the Hart trophy who played with guys like Pius Suter and Sam Lafferty. 

Mikko Rantanen didn’t break out until the 2017-2018 season. That’s the same year MacKinnon finally got Hart votes. What a coincidence. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Petey did win a Calder.

As I said, I really don't giving a flying f about great Nate. I don't deny he's a good player, but I also don't have to sing his praises either. I'm a fan of this team and these players so what he does really doesn't interest me. His dive really wasn't becoming of him. I could see if it was something worthy of attention...but basically a one handed love tap. He should be good enough to not need to get the refs to swoop in and help him. Diva crap. 

Many here roasted JT for slamming a gate, a stick....so it's only fair we put other players under the microscope to criticize.

Nate, you're up.

MacKinnon knew he couldn’t beat us without the help of the referees. It will be a different story come playoff time. 

• ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

People would probably have moved on from the complaining but for others telling them not to complain and calling them whiners. And just so we’re clear this is the PGT from the game not the GDT for the next one.

Like the team and fans aren’t separate things. The team & players are saying and doing exactly what they should be doing. Fans here are doing what fans from every single team do… complain about crappy calls, missed calls, and lack of consistency but somehow we’re supposed to better? 

I always forget what the rules are. We’re allowed to criticize players, coaches, management, ownership, DOP,  Bettman…but calling out refs is whining? 

If people are going to claim they actually have NHL or Juniors experience, then help us out. How should we be looking at reffing?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Was he directing that energy at me?  I'm not sure

No, I was agreeing with you. Sorry to be unclear. I thought your posts concerning the incessant whining about referees around page 8 (plus 24 pages of tears) was spot on. I haven't posted since the Feb 17 Jets game where the usuals where crying, whining, and blaming the referees like they have never watched hockey in their lives before. It's absolutely pathetic and disgusting. A disgrace to the sport itself really and I can't in good conscience be party to it. Frankly, it's embarrassing to hockey and as a Canucks fan.

I couldn't imagine this group being in a bar with a bunch of fans from other teams. It would be so embarrassing.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I never said Petey was on the same level as MacKinnon talent wise. I said point wise he was trending higher over his first 5 seasons. I can’t help it if this factual information has triggered you.  Were you this confident on MacKinnon’s abilities when he was putting up 52 points?  

And yes it does matter who your linemates are. I don’t recall any superstars in my 35 years of watching hockey who won the Hart trophy who played with guys like Pius Suter and Sam Lafferty. 

Mikko Rantanen didn’t break out until the 2017-2018 season. That’s the same year MacKinnon finally got Hart votes. It was also the first year he made the playoffs. What a coincidence. 

Can't use age to track how players are gonna turn out.  After all, the chemistry with Rantanen isn't simply replicated with Vancouver counterparts.  I'm sure Rantanen would light it up here with Petey and they'd race each other for the Art Ross.  But the reality is that Petey is playing with Mikheyev, Suter and Lafferty.

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

MacKinnon knew he couldn’t beat us without the help of the referees. It will be a different story come playoff time. 

They call more penalties in the playoffs so I'm not sure why you think anything will change.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Question.

Who would an ideal linemate be for Pettersson and Hoglander?

Trade or free agency? Outside of Guentzel, who may very well sign with Carolina, the FA class for a linemate for Pettersson is bleak.

Suter, while reliable, isn't dynamic enough to lock in with Pettersson.

Edited by PhillipBlunt

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Question.

Trade or free agency?

Podz with a bit more experience? he can carry the puck in and battle for it as well on a dump in. Big tough kid that can help make chances for the snipers.

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Question.

Trade or free agency? Outside of Guentzel, who may very well sign with Carolina, the FA class for a linemate for Pettersson is bleak.

Podz, imo

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

I wonder if they'll try this once Joshua is back in? move Podz up, and increase the bottom 6 quality a lot by having Suter and Joshua back there? 

Podz played with Petey a couple years ago and they were really effective.  Then for no reason, they broke them up and never gave itanother try.  He's got the skill level and vision to play with those two and the size and net drive to add a dimension missing from that pair, imo

• ThereItIs 2

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Question.

Jonathan Lekkerimäki…

• MillerTime 1