[PGT] Scamalanche at Canucks

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Podz played with Petey a couple years ago and they were really effective.  Then for no reason, they broke them up and never gave itanother try.  He's got the skill level and vision to play with those two and the size and net drive to add a dimension missing from that pair, imo

Pretty sure Podkolzin played with Miller his first year when he got 14 goals. I’d like to see Podkolzin with Miller/Boeser and Lekkerimäki with Petey/Höglander. 

• Jess unfeatured and unpinned this topic
Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Pretty sure Podkolzin played with Miller his first year when he got 14 goals. I’d like to see Podkolzin with Miller/Boeser and Lekkerimäki with Petey/Höglander. 

nobody played together very long back then

1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

People would probably have moved on from the complaining but for others telling them not to complain and calling them whiners. And just so we’re clear this is the PGT from the game not the GDT for the next one.

Like the team and fans aren’t separate things. The team & players are saying and doing exactly what they should be doing. Fans here are doing what fans from every single team do… complain about crappy calls, missed calls, and lack of consistency but somehow we’re supposed to better? 

I always forget what the rules are. We’re allowed to criticize players, coaches, management, ownership, DOP,  Bettman…but calling out refs is whining? 

Oh, 4petesake ...

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Plenty of good D men and two way forwards.  Hill and Bennington both won cups. 

yet both of them get lit up on a semi-frequent basis. Esp Binnington... VERY inconsistant . 

comparitavly the US has Hellabuyck, Demko, Gibson... the Finns have Saros, Husso, Korpisalo , the Swedes have Markstrom, Gustoffson, and I'm sure I forgot a few. 

I was meaning that Canada doesn't have any REALLY good goalies that will steal you a game in a series, unless Carey Price comes out or 'retirement' or if Fluery is still playing I'd put my money on him. 

7 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Petey did win a Calder.

As I said, I really don't giving a flying f about great Nate. I don't deny he's a good player, but I also don't have to sing his praises either. I'm a fan of this team and these players so what he does really doesn't interest me. His dive really wasn't becoming of him. I could see if it was something worthy of attention...but basically a one handed love tap. He should be good enough to not need to get the refs to swoop in and help him. Diva crap. 

Many here roasted JT for slamming a gate, a stick....so it's only fair we put other players under the microscope to criticize.

Nate, you're up.

Mic drops....

Ariana Grande Singing GIF by The Voice

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Question.

Who would an ideal linemate be for Pettersson and Hoglander?

Trade or free agency? Outside of Guentzel, who may very well sign with Carolina, the FA class for a linemate for Pettersson is bleak.

Suter, while reliable, isn't dynamic enough to lock in with Pettersson.

Think Lindholm will be brought back onto Peteys line once Joshua is back

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I find it interesting that the very same people who call those of us whiners because we complain about officiating are the same ones who criticize the team. So apply their own standards there "it's a fast game" "best we've got".

If it's whining to complain...well.....stop complaining (too). 

If they weren't critical then fine. But often those very same people talk out of both sides of their mouths because they're constantly slamming the team but don't you dare say anything about the refs. Deal with it.

the two folks who say they have the most experience here are @Gawdzukes and @stawns. I genuinely want to know their perspective on how we should be viewing reffing the the NHL. But so far they don't seem to want to respond 🤷‍♂️

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

the two folks who say they have the most experience here are @Gawdzukes and @stawns. I genuinely want to know their perspective on how we should be viewing reffing the the NHL. But so far they don't seem to want to respond 🤷‍♂️

Experience as in concussed through their late teens? I dunno man. Not my go to source of knowledge lol

7 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Agreed. 

Swap Lindholm for Suter and Suter for PDG who will sit. 

I want to see this experiment for a could of games first:

Mik-Miller-Boes / Hogs-Petey-Podz

Suter-Lindy-Laffy / Joshua-Blueger-Garly

I see two top 6 and two 3rd line quality lines there. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

You got a good melon. I don’t mind that look one bit. I like that it sets up the Lindy and Garly lines to do what the Garly line was doing earlier this year. Also gives Podz the chance to succeed while playing Lindy in a role that he seems most suited for from what we’ve seen. I think I like your proposal more.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

My only feear would be Petey with Hogs and Podz would be too inexperienced (or weak) defensively. 
Petey and Hogs together with Suter struggled defensively against Avs... putting another nearly rookie on Peteys wing won't help that 

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Pretty sure Podkolzin played with Miller his first year when he got 14 goals. I’d like to see Podkolzin with Miller/Boeser and Lekkerimäki with Petey/Höglander

Maybe another year or year-and-a-half from now, but Lekkerimaki is not ready for the NHL yet. The players here are bigger, faster and stronger and there is much less room to manouevre as compared to European ice. He will need to put in a lot of work and become accustomed to the smaller ice before he is ready for the NHL.

30 minutes ago, spook007 said:

My only feear would be Petey with Hogs and Podz would be too inexperienced (or weak) defensively. 
Petey and Hogs together with Suter struggled defensively against Avs... putting another nearly rookie on Peteys wing won't help that 

Podz entered the zone at will tho.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1