[PGT] Scamalanche at Canucks

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, I agree. After that first goal, Avs kept getting stronger in the third, and the Canucks got weaker the entire period. 

Ya they just seem to play scared. They needed to keep pushing forward and they sat back. Different game than they were playing the first two periods. Not sure why they changed up their game. Avs pushed and we just couldn’t handle it.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just now, Rounoush said:

That fight was not the turning point.

Not THE turning point but it gave the AVS some life. It sparked their bench a little bit. 

The turning point was the last second goal and 5-3 penalty 

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

There's difference between keeping the it low event, and keep giving the puck away and skating backwards the entire period. 

The 3rd period was one of the worst of the season.

Not as bad as the Wild game. 

I think they didn't handle the pressure well early and took penalties.

But settled down after 3-3.  

The penalty at the final min was self induced.  Plenty of room to skate further then clear it. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

If we play the Av's in the playoffs were going to get annihilated.

If they have this kind of meltdown in the playoffs, opponent doesn't matter. 

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

There are people who are blaming Nate for diving or the refs for swinging the momentum around.  Guess what - it's gonna happen again in the playoffs.  Shit is gonna go our way and if we're not up to it, this will be the outcome every time.  

So you're ok with diving?

I'm not.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

• Jess featured and pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

There are people who are blaming Nate for diving or the refs for swinging the momentum around.  Guess what - it's gonna happen again in the playoffs.  Shit is gonna go our way and if we're not up to it, this will be the outcome every time.  

Yes I agree. This is not the first time that we have struggled with it. Might be a hard lesson to learn for this group.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

There's difference between keeping the it low event, and keep giving the puck away and skating backwards the entire period. 

The 3rd period was one of the worst of the season.

Agreed.  Nux played the 3rd period like we had a lead when in fact it was tied.  Dump it in, dump it in and change, dump it in, dump it in and change. How was that playing to win?

And how was this on the refs?

It was not.

It was on the Nux and their coaches.

Anyone whining about the refs is an idiot on this one.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

So refs deciding games again i see? Nucks better hope they don't play the Avs in the playoffs, they haven't beat them this year,

When you think you can defend with your brain instead of your feet it always happens, a million possible penalties so more than enough get called. JT is always the first guy I notice who takes his foot off the gas. He is our best player, the rest follow his lead.

Edited by Kanagan
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

************ POST OF THE NIGHT *************

The last 7 minutes of the game was just getting hemmed in for 20-30 seconds before skating the puck out to neutral ice to flip into the ozone for a quick change and then rinse and repeat. While I appreciate the spirit of quick changes, we needed to slow the game down. We’ve been able to stay composed in the past but we didn’t have it tonight. We needed to find a way to slow the game down and settle the pace to then find a rhythm. 

petey was bobbling the puck and forcing passes all game. He gets like this when he isn’t skating. He needs to step up… guys go through droughts and tough stretches but these stretches can’t be months at a time

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, mmkk said:

Not THE turning point but it gave the AVS some life. It sparked their bench a little bit. 

The turning point was the last second goal and 5-3 penalty 

That fight where almost no punches were thrown? Lol. I doubt it had any effect on the game. It'd be different if Zads got tuned or something. They were outplaying the Canucks. Period. They didn't get a random magic stamina buff from a nothing fight.

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

Wasn't in the gdt, but my guess is the usual crying about the refs.  You can't give a team like the Avs that many pp's and you can't quit skating.  The had the AVS where they wanted them, then gifted them 2 points.  No one to blame but themselves

Wait which penalties did we give them? The phantom ones? 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Miss Korea said:

No one gives a shit about dirty diving divas as long as they get the win.  History doesn't remember the poor officiating or the poor sportsmanship.  It remembers wins and losses.  You always seem to blame the refs after every single loss or any call gone against us.  Even as a fan, take some accountability and recognize that shit happens and the team buckled.  Accept the reality that we lost and move on from it.

Right on cue....

LOL

• Cheers 2

It is super frustrating that they lost especially in the manner that they did (blowing a 3 - 0 lead) but on the other hand it was against arguably the best team in the NHL on paper and they still got a point against them. And the team is still on a 5 game point streak. 

Obviously none of this takes away from the huge mistakes the team made tonight which they really can't afford to do in the playoffs. 

Soft-ish 5v3 call just before the 3-2 goal, but good teams find a way to be professional and close things out.

Hate to say it, but the team snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against an Avalanche team that wasn't even all that interested until the 3-2 goal.

Let's sort it before Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Not as bad as the Wild game. 

I think they didn't handle the pressure well early and took penalties.

But settled down after 3-3.  

The penalty at the final min was self induced.  Plenty of room to skate further then clear it. 

Not even worth the negative energy. Got the point. Next.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1