[PGT] Scamalanche at Canucks

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

What would a better take be?  "This game is rigged and the Canucks deserved to win"?  Is that what you'd tell the players if you were Coach Tocchet in the locker room right now?

Put words in my mouth and weak takes? Nice. 

5 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

It’s a message board 

Deal with it…

When the team blows a three goal lead what do you think is gonna happen…  

Likewise when the team gets multiple phantom calls against, do you just expect people not to discuss it on said message board?

• Cheers 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

Blame the Avs, blame the refs, blame themselves 

They had it and they let it slip away, that's growing pains for ya

Avs show veteran champ performance.  Drawing penalties, capitalizing chances.  

Nux lost their composure when it was tough.  That's the next level they need to find.  Still 5-6 weeks left.  

Myers, Dakota, then Demko to return.  I think they can get it together by round 1.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Avs PK will pressure up to their ice when they are trying to do drop passes.   Need to find a new breakout strategy during PP.  If you can mess up their PK  routine, you can gather the momentum  easily.   Playoffs is all about adjustment and we'll see if they can find some adjustment in the playoffs.  They sure like to cheat to the board is something I have noticed all year long to disrupt their puck management during 5 on 5 play.

The AVs PP was great, but we had ZERO pressure, and this is a common trend the last 2 months. Think RT needs to look at changing up who’s in charge of coaching it. It is actually costing us games. Got a month to figure it out….

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yours? Yeah but we expect that of you. 

I expect you to continue to be childish and antagonize. Do you want to talk about the hockey game or are you just going to continue to call people trolls and attack them? It’s all you have done tonight for the most part.

I will start what are your thoughts on the game? Give us your opinion on it?

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just now, Jaimito said:

Nux lost their composure when it was tough.  That's the next level they need to find.  Still 5-6 weeks left.  

Myers, Dakota, then Demko to return.  I think they can get it together by round 1.  

Replay of said drawing of penalties:dive belly flop GIF

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

The players are saying the same thing. They admit they sat back. They didn’t meet pressure with pressure. That’s on them. They deserved to lose because they played 40 minutes. 

Then in that case the Avs deserved to lose they only played 20 AND needed help. See how mindless you sound? Lmao 

• Vintage 1

don't care about the result i care about more how we played.. we sat back somewhere in the 2nd period and didn't show up for the 3rd.. the avs took it to us.. can't blame the ref everytime we blow a lead.. the way the avs took it to us makes it easy for the ref to make ticky tack calls against us.. gonna be the same crap with the ref in the playoffs.. so not really an excuse

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Canuck You said:

Soon as we got that lead..

There's a reason why a 3-0 lead is not a safe lead. It's called "The Most Dangerous Lead" for a reason.

Pettersson invisible. I've been fairly lenient about him and his contract talks, but he's just been off for whatever reason. Not sure if re-signing him was the right decision after all - but it's way too early to say that for real.

Miller did well, but he can't do EVERYTHING.

Lindholm aside from one good player was also invisible. Faceoffs are a key component of the game, but that can't be the only thing he's doing, and "playing well without the puck".

Lafferty is SO frustrating to watch as well. He just disappeared after a very promising first half of the season.

• Like 1

Given than we play a lot of home games and mostly lesser teams all the way to the end of the month, we will still be above 500 in a stretch where we don’t have our Vezina caliber goalie. 

Not all is lost by losing one point tonight to a very good team. Regroup and set for the next one. No need to dwell on this game.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Looking great. 

Two more W to clinch.  

DeSmith absolutely not the reason for the OTL tonight.   

You are like the soucy of posters, Jaimito. Bringing calm and order  to the boards ( other than that over the glass penalty lol) .  Can’t lose sight of what’s happened .. points in how many games in a row vs all good teams. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

Canucks are a good team, but we need to skate our asses off for 60 min to beat the top tier teams; we’ve been doing it this year. A complete team like the AVs will absolutely dismantle you if you sit back. 

• Like 1

A masterclass for 39 minutes.

But after that late goal, they played on their heels the entire 3rd period. Where did the team from the first 39 minutes go? Avs should have been the more tired team.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, BC_Hawk said:

The AVs PP was great, but we had ZERO pressure, and this is a common trend the last 2 months. Think RT needs to look at changing up who’s in charge of coaching it. It is actually costing us games. Got a month to figure it out….

They are not giving away their strategy if they expect to meet them in the playoffs.  I would expect them to use strategy in Columbus or Detroit major PK which is differs from normal PK.  I thought that was their best PK all year long and it was a dry run.  They will put that in their pocket and use that when playoffs starts.  It is a marathon, not a sprint.  

Big picture, better suffer this loss now at game # 67 then being overly confident and thinking they can just walk over teams in the playoffs.

Whoever they play in round 1, it's not going to be easy.   This current team hasn't been playoff tested and need to learn to face the pressure. 

• Vintage 3

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

I'm not whining I'm diving. Nate taught me.  😆

Remember, that's acceptable to you. Don't worry about me, you do you. 

Whether you and I accept it or not is beyond the point.  Because players are going to dive and refs are going to make poor calls.  It happened tonight, it'll happen tomorrow, and it'll happen in the playoffs.  And should the circumstances go against Vancouver in the postseason, nobody's going to care about said circumstances after the series is over.  Would you have cared about Burrows biting Bergy if we won game 7?

• Cheers 4