[PGT] Scamalanche at Canucks

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Just goes to show what lengths both teams and refs have to go to in order to try and beat us ...

And we still got the point 

To be honest, I don't really blame the refs. They made some questionable calls, but we didn't do jack shit on the PP. This was on us. Quitting blaming the refs for everything.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Avs show veteran champ performance.  Drawing penalties, capitalizing chances.  

Nux lost their composure when it was tough.  That's the next level they need to find.  Still 5-6 weeks left.  

Myers, Dakota, then Demko to return.  I think they can get it together by round 1.  

IF Canucks continue to skate in the 3rd, the game is over. They simple went into a slow prevent and got destroyed by the biggest and best line in the league. You give them space, and opportunity to setup offensively, you are done.

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I expect you to continue to be childish and antagonize. Do you want to talk about the hockey game or are you just going to continue to call people trolls and attack them? All you have done tonight for the most part.

I will start what are your thoughts on the game? Give us your opinion on it?

Are you gonnna keep hiding and dodging questions while calling me childish? 

If the Canucks deserve to lose for only playing 40 minutes, why do the Avs deserve to win for only playing 20? And needing stripes help with gift wrapped 5 on 3’s. I’ll wait. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, D-Money said:

A masterclass for 39 minutes.

But after that late goal, they played on their heels the entire 3rd period. Where did the team from the first 39 minutes go? Avs should have been the more tired team.

It’s a good question. They got hit in the face with adversity and didn’t really have much fight to get through it.

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Avs show veteran champ performance.  Drawing penalties, capitalizing chances.  

Nux lost their composure when it was tough.  That's the next level they need to find.  Still 5-6 weeks left.  

Myers, Dakota, then Demko to return.  I think they can get it together by round 1.  

Avs are a top team, a would be contender who's recently won it all, they found a way to pull it out 

But we also let it slip away, you learn from it and move on 

I expect they'll be better next game 

Nucks are still learning to be a top team

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, mmkk said:

No reason for big Z to fight there... Gave the AVS some life... Total fail

Shot ourselves in the foot tonight...

Hopefully a lesson learned to never take the foot of the pedal

Sat back way too much too

Disagree... someone had to step up, was just too bad Zad fell.

Absolute BS reffing, between the garbage hook for the 2 man adv, not calling the high stick on Makar hutting Petey, and that dangerous trip earlier on when PDG (I think) got his leg pulled into a bigger split than he was already doing. Just plain robbed.

And yes, the PP must must must improve... fast.

But letting the Avs in the game with the first goal late in the 2nd was terrible, and the bone head play by Soucy was the nail in the coffin. Just hope they can put it behind them.

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Big picture, better suffer this loss now at game # 67 then being overly confident and thinking they can just walk over teams in the playoffs.

Whoever they play in round 1, it's not going to be easy.   This current team hasn't been playoff tested and need to learn to face the pressure. 

Yes, but you would think the team learned their lesson in the last game against Minny

8 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Second place in the league so I’d say the team’s  done pretty damn well dealing with adversity so far. Fans…not so much.

Canucks played a good game overall but for a couple of lapses and mistakes that they’d want back that cost them the momentum and the game. Shit happens and they’ll roll up their sleeves and get back at it.

A great take.

Some here dive in after a loss to tell us how it is....it's amusing but tiring.

If they accept diving, piss poor reffing and things that really don't show a lot of integrity in the game, that doesn't mean we all have to. Teams DO have to contend with stuff but we are all too often pulling on the short stick.

Those defending the refs/diving/etc. as "part of the game" need to answer this.

If that was Tyler Myers doling that hit.....would he get to see the rest of the game? I'm still pissed because Manson was targeting JT. And he could've really injured him.

Good players don't need to embellish....maybe that's our mistake though. Maybe JT should lie on the ice and flop around like a fish just pulled into the boat. Academy award injuries like the Avs do. I mean, if that's acceptable it's kind of lame. I just don't think it is and I'm glad my team doesn't pull that shit in order to win. It kind of taints it.

When people throw the word "whining" out there it's often because they just don't have  a reasonable argument. They come in here to whine about blowing a lead so...practice what you preach.

Hitting up my ignore button because it's all too predictable after a loss. Never here for the wins or the actual game day talk. Just crash the door down afterward....

To those here for the right reasons, cheers. We'll get those bastards next time.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 5

1 minute ago, coolboarder said:

They are not giving away their strategy if they expect to meet them in the playoffs.  I would expect them to use strategy in Columbus or Detroit major PK which is differs from normal PK.  I thought that was their best PK all year long and it was a dry run.  They will put that in their pocket and use that when playoffs starts.  It is a marathon, not a sprint.  

Avs PK 😂😂…..opps!

2 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

There's a reason why a 3-0 lead is not a safe lead. It's called "The Most Dangerous Lead" for a reason.

Pettersson invisible. I've been fairly lenient about him and his contract talks, but he's just been off for whatever reason. Not sure if re-signing him was the right decision after all - but it's way too early to say that for real.

Miller did well, but he can't do EVERYTHING.

Lindholm aside from one good player was also invisible. Faceoffs are a key component of the game, but that can't be the only thing he's doing, and "playing well without the puck".

Lafferty is SO frustrating to watch as well. He just disappeared after a very promising first half of the season.

So ..like..you got the weed obviously..I only got chips brah..

Just now, PureQuickness said:

To be honest, I don't really blame the refs. They made some questionable calls, but we didn't do jack shit on the PP. This was on us. Quitting blaming the refs for everything.

We're top of the league for a reason. Hockey happens. We just need to keep fixing mistakes. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, Miss Korea said:

Okay - then tell me what you'd say to the players.  Your own words.

One would have called a timeout after goal 2 then tell them to keep the forecheck going and stop sitting back awhile reminding them the officials are dogshit and calling everything so sticks down and eyes up. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

That first 39 minutes had me dreaming Stanley cup.  Ahhh… c’est la vie.  How short lived.  Now I feel like a Canucks fan.  I forgot the disappointment feeling.  There it is.  Sigh…….

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Not necessarily their fault, but they still need to be held accountable.  That kind of misconduct is criminal negligence and endangers the players.  Both of those dirtbags need to be suspended for a long time if they think the way they disgraced the sport tonight is acceptable.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Are you gonnna keep hiding and dodging questions while calling me childish? 

If the Canucks deserve to lose for only playing 40 minutes, why do the Avs deserve to win for only playing 20? And needing stripes help with gift wrapped 5 on 3’s. I’ll wait. 

I am not hiding or dodging anything, you haven’t said anything worth replying to other than insulting people. 

The avs didn’t  give up when faced with adversity. We did. That’s the difference. Coach is saying it as well. That’s why the Avs deserved to win. They were down 3-0 against us and they came back. They faced adversity head on. They deserved it for that reason. We got bad calls against us and caved. In all honesty they didn’t show up in the third. That’s the issue. You can’t sit back for 20 min especially against a team like the Avs. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Wait which penalties did we give them? The phantom ones? 

I didn't see phantom ones.  I saw an unnecessary interference in the nzone, an obvious hook to go down 5 on 3 and a puck over the glass

• Cheers 2