What's wrong with Petey?

mmkk

Too many trolling McBaby fans in this thread. 
Hey! Losers. Get lives. It’s friggin weird you’re coming to an other club forum. Stay o you loser Soilers form. Losers. How’s life living in the sh*t hold that is Edmonton? Seriously, is there a worse city to live in? Big time sh*t hole full of losers. 

Alf’s had a couple. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Too many trolling McBaby fans in this thread. 
Hey! Losers. Get lives. It’s friggin weird you’re coming to an other club forum. Stay o you loser Soilers form. Losers. How’s life living in the sh*t hold that is Edmonton? Seriously, is there a worse city to live in? Big time sh*t hole full of losers. 

Alf’s had a couple. 🤣

But you are not wrong.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Hammertime said:

Thanks that was unclear whew!

If there’s any confusion anyone who cheers for Mcbsby is a POS loser doodle trolling McPirceofsh*t. 
Anyoneone not hating McLoser on this site is a Loser Doodle POS. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Oh. Is that a fact? 

Thats where I’m at too. Why would they let him play through an injury but sit Demko? To me, it doesn’t add up. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Thats where I’m at too. Why would they let him play through an injury and sit Demko? To me, it doesn’t add up. 

Right,an really he’s hasn’t been great since the all are game.

long  time to let a guy play though an injury.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Combover said:

Right,an really he’s hasn’t been great since the all are game.

long  time to let a guy play though an injury.

Exactly. Hughes, Miller, Boeser and Demko all found their games again, but Pettersson’s game is still MIA. 

Posted (edited)

I ain't here to poop on Pete. He doesn't need sunshine blown up his ass either. He isn't getting it done he knows that. It's how he responds that matters. Pete is super competitive. Maturity will come. 

This humbling experience might be just what he needs to take the next step. 

Edited by Hammertime
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hammertime said:

I ain't here to poop on Pete. He doesn't need sunshine blown up his ass either. He isn't getting it done he knows that. It's how he responds that matters. Pete is super competitive. Maturity will come. 

This humbling experience might be just what he needs to take the next step. 

if he is hurt, shut it down for the year, I can’t watch anymore. 

He looks like a moist calf fresh out of the cow. 

He is embarrassing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaBamba said:

if he is hurt, shut it down for the year, I can’t watch anymore. 

He looks like a moist calf fresh out of the cow. 

He is embarrassing. 

You tell it like it is.

I'm not upset with Petey at all, maybe I should be, but he is what he is. I am apocalyptic at our management who saw his weak game yet for some reason, beyond any incompetence we have seen in Canuck history, signed him to that contract that doomed us for 8 years of suffering. We were so lucky that his game left before he signed but they just went ahead and pretended nothing was wrong. Gross incompetence.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

You tell it like it is.

I'm not upset with Petey at all, maybe I should be, but he is what he is. I am apocalyptic at our management who saw his weak game yet for some reason, beyond any incompetence we have seen in Canuck history, signed him to that contract that doomed us for 8 years of suffering. We were so lucky that his game left before he signed but they just went ahead and pretended nothing was wrong. Gross incompetence.

Uh oh.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Pastafarian said:

You tell it like it is.

One post troll with a nickname that celebrates Pastarnak....  hmmm...  could this be a Boston fan?

6 hours ago, Pastafarian said:

You tell it like it is.

I wouldn’t go that far, his skill hasn’t just disappeared, I think he will be better in the future I  would just like to see that now. It’s hard to beat a team like Nashville when your best player isn’t making an impact. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, LaBamba said:

It’s hard to beat a team like Nashville when your best player isn’t making an impact. 

I think Quinn has been fine this series, why you picking on him? 🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pastafarian said:

You tell it like it is.

Front runner for most dramatic post of the year, and it's not even summer yet. My Gord, have a snickers...

I posted the core of this in the most recent PGT but wanted to put it here as well ...

The streaky aspect of Petey's game seems mental/psychological to me. It's happening too frequently as a pattern. I mean, disappearing/slumping and still playing eventually leading everyone to speculate he's injured. We've seen this similar pattern before. 

But the kid is human and only 25. He doesn't have certain things figured out yet. Some do at 25, others don't.

I think he'll figure the mental part out with age and experience. 

In some ways, it was easier for him to stand out and make a bigger impact when the team wasn't as good. Now that we're a top team, he may be struggling to find his place among better, stronger players who are elevating their game. If so, that's something that will get figured out. It's just a matter of when.

Maybe it's time to 'shelter' him a bit more.  Get him on the 2nd PP unit, and move him down the roster to have him face weaker competition.  It looks bad, but if it is explained carefully by Tocchet that they're doing this to free him up more, then hopefully he understands.  Other teams can decide where they want to match up, but these 4 lines would be really difficult to truly match up against.  Do they let Petey go since he's with PDG/Lafferty?  What if Petey breaks out because of the weaker competition?  But do they waste a matchup of their best defensive units against that line?  It raises a lot of questions for the opposition.

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Mikheyev-Lindholm-Hoglander

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

PDG-Petey-Lafferty