Which Canucks Alumni Would you Add and Who Would you Drop

Rocket-68

I think I'd want (prime) Linden on Petey's wing. There are more talented players (Bertuzzi, Mogilny) available, but I think the fit would be best with Linden. I like the Ohlund and Jovo suggestions too, they could really anchor that 2nd pairing

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Naslund, Mogliny, Bertuzzi, Linden Ohlund, Jovo. 

We could use a D. Bert/Linden would round out our top 6 giving us a PF. Naslund and Mogliny are stars though. 

With a healthy lineup take out Myers if we want a defenseman or Lafferty if forward. 

IDK who to choose. Probably Ohlund. 

8 hours ago, Vancan said:

No one mentioned Messier....

Which Messier? The one who played for EDM / NYR or the one that played for us? Cause they be 2 different people...vastly different...

19 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Willie Mitchell would put us over the top 

Mitchell sure would have back in 2011.   Sad but true.

As for who's the guy to put us over the top.   Bertuzzi was a pair.     Linden for me anyways, he managed just fine with  Ronning and Adam's, and later with Courtnall and Bure (as a C).   He's also a RW.     Even almost done, and as our 3C, he pulled us into the fight during Luongo's Turco series.   Without PP time.   So going with him.   

Glad to see Sergio Momesso get props too.   Couldn't do worse as a support player.   

Edit:  It's playoffs baby.   Yes to Linden. 

Edited by IBatch

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Mitchell sure would have back in 2011.   Sad but true.

As for who's the guy to put us over the top.   Bertuzzi was a pair.     Linden for me anyways, he managed just fine with  Ronning and Adam's, and later with Courtnall and Bure (as a C).   He's also a RW.     Even almost done, and as our 3C, he pulled us into the fight during Luongo's Turco series.   Without PP time.   So going with him.   

Glad to see Sergio Momesso get props too.   Couldn't do worse as a support player.   

Edit:  It's playoffs baby.   Yes to Linden. 

If I had to go with a forward it'd be Linden, I've just got a soft spot for Mitchell and he'd likely help improve our PK

Defense wins championships and all that 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

If I had to go with a forward it'd be Linden, I've just got a soft spot for Mitchell and he'd likely help improve our PK

Defense wins championships and all that 

Me too.   Mitchell was a great hockey player.   Much deserved of the Pratt's.    Would have been fine if he got the C too.   Get he was long in the tooth, and MG didn't realize his concussion would go away, but man sure wish he had a crystal ball.   And just re-signed him and did something else with all that saved cash instead of Booth and Ballard. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Me too.   Mitchell was a great hockey player.   Much deserved of the Pratt's.    Would have been fine if he got the C too.   Get he was long in the tooth, and MG didn't realize his concussion would go away, but man sure wish he had a crystal ball.   And just re-signed him and did something else with all that saved cash instead of Booth and Ballard. 

Agreed, I know there was uncertainty regarding his health, but man.. what could have been

Put him in the lineup and the Hawks probably don't come back and we push back more against Boston, we probably don't get run over the way we did in Boston either 

• ThereItIs 1

On 3/15/2024 at 1:11 PM, MattJVD said:

I think I'd want (prime) Linden on Petey's wing. There are more talented players (Bertuzzi, Mogilny) available, but I think the fit would be best with Linden. I like the Ohlund and Jovo suggestions too, they could really anchor that 2nd pairing

Linden proved he could play with a variety of players.   As for Bertuzzi, it was really just Naslund and Morrison.   So yes have some concerns with him.   Mogilny, he'd probably be the most skilled forward on the team right away, with the body to do extra stuff.   So can't go wrong with that either.   Like Tony Ghallagher recently said, you simply couldn't go to the front of the net and sit around in the past, like you can today.   What would Mogilny do with that sort of free space?    What would Linden do as well.   Bertuzzi well doubt anymore could handle him at all.   So not a bad pick either.   We don't have a big sample size with him away from Naslund, that is concerning.    And both those guys weren't defensively available. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Agreed, I know there was uncertainty regarding his health, but man.. what could have been

Put him in the lineup and the Hawks probably don't come back and we push back more against Boston, we probably don't get run over the way we did in Boston either 

That's how I saw it too. 

• Cheers 1

On 3/15/2024 at 1:43 AM, Gurn said:

Stan Smyl. 

Fills every team need.

Toughness- 204 pims in 77 games but still bagged 31 goals and 47 assists

Soring- topped out at 38 with 2 other 30 goal plus seasons.

Yes either  Smyl or Linden are good choices.   It's tough.    

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Geoff Courtnall 6'1" 195 lb

Tough as nails

800 NHL points 

1400 penalty minutes

He would slay in today's game

As long as he is benched, if the team is trailing by a goal with less than 4 minutes left.

I got so damn tired of seeing that guy take  stupid penalty after stupid penalty, when the team tried to get a comeback goal.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Gurn said:

As long as he is benched, if the team is trailing by a goal with less than 4 minutes left.

I got so damn tired of seeing that guy take  stupid penalty after stupid penalty, when the team tried to get a comeback goal.

Different time, he wouldn't need to do as much today. It's not as physical as back then. He would actually be a power forward in today's game.

• Cheers 1