Do you smoke?..

Canuck You

I quit a long time ago, but I can remember in the 70s and 80s smoking was allowed between periods at the Pacific Coliseum, but only on the basement level, so everyone who wanted to smoke had to go downstairs where there were hundreds of smokers in a small space furiously dragging on cigarettes and there was a thick, blue haze throughout the entire area. Then someone figured out that the smokers were at the same level as the team dressing rooms, thereby polluting the air for the players so eventually smoking was banned in the building. Even farther back than that, smoking was allowed everywhere in the old 5000 seat Forum in the Western League days; and I think you could smoke without even leaving your seat. I can remember walking down the Forum concourse after a game behind this little short guy sucking on a huge cigar. Turns out it was old time sports writer Clancy Loranger, who was rarely ever seen without a cigar in his mouth. Sportswriters all seemed to smoke cigars back then. 

Edited by Curmudgeon
  • Cheers 1

Have never even tried a cigarette.   It's a disgusting habit that smells horrible.

My Mom was a heavy smoker and as a result passed away when she 66 because of it.  When I was little my  Dad made me promise to never ever smoke.  He hated it.

I once made a girlfriend who had smoked for 12 years quit or I would break up with here.  Kissing a smoker is revolting.

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Have never even tried a cigarette.   It's a disgusting habit that smells horrible.

My Mom was a heavy smoker and as a result passed away when she 66 because of it.  When I was little my  Dad made me promise to never ever smoke.  He hated it.

I once made a girlfriend who had smoked for 12 years quit or I would break up with here.  Kissing a smoker is revolting.

I get what you are putting down.

Wondering what you think of smoked meats, campfires and peaty whisky? Different flavours for sure but hate them or like them?

• Haha 1

Smoked 1 cigar in my life and that's it.  I remember having an uncle that smoked and I think my parents disapproval of that got the message across at a young age.

Edited by Wilbur

1 hour ago, chris12345 said:

I get what you are putting down.

Wondering what you think of smoked meats, campfires and peaty whisky? Different flavours for sure but hate them or like them?

I don't necessarily equate peaty with smoky.....

For instance, I'm not a fan of Lagavulin, but I like Ardbeg. To my palate, Arbeg is smoky, while other peaty whiskys have a more "earthy" taste....

47 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Yea do you hate the heavy campfire smell?

When it sinks into my clothes I hate it almost as much as cigarettes.

Again, we see this differently. I don't like cigarette smoke, but campfire smoke (depending on the type of wood used) is great.....

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I started smoking cigarettes at 8 and a dozen a day by 11. Later in the bars I would smoke 2 packs a night. Quit after several tries at 40. Started weed at 15 and smoked every day until 23. Quit the weed when I got married and then started at 25 when I got divorced. Quit again at 31 when I got married again. Started again after the kids moved out in my 50s. Still like a bedtime puff. 

• chaos 1

Smoked a pack+ a day for 25 years, one day I woke up, told my wife I quit, she laughed at me bur I haven’t smoked since. Coming up on 14 years now.

As for pot, never liked it, makes me paranoid, haven’t smoke it since I was 17.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Smoked a pack+ a day for 25 years, one day I woke up, told my wife I quit, she laughed at me bur I haven’t smoked since. Coming up on 14 years now.

As for pot, never liked it, makes me paranoid, haven’t smoke it since I was 17.

I was never a big pot smoker.....and only rarely.  Last time was 20 years ago I think.  Pot never really made a difference to my personality.....except for more flirty.

Cigarettes. Never. Weed. Tried it. Not a fan. Now meats and cheese, you're speaking my language. Actually thinking of getting a brick of extra old cheddar and smoking it. It's a zen thing for me.

Yea, I smoke cigarettes.

Smoked pot as a kid when my friend group would get high and play sports or otherwise be active. Quit when the majority of them sat on the couch and got fat. I was more of an acid fan anyway. Moved on to heroin for a short time (it was the 90's afterall...) but got away from that shit fairly quickly. Quit drinking in my early 20's when the woman and I were expecting our first child, though I may have a beer after a game or out in the garden now and then.

I can't say I really enjoy smoking, and I've quit numerous times for a few months and even years. Ultimately I don't really care about any of the reasons to quit. I'm healthy, I'm active, I look far younger than I am, and I've lived longer than I once thought I would. Maybe it stinks, but everybody stinks of something...

Yes I’ve been smoking ever since I’ve been 13 or 14 or grade 8.

started off smoking weed, then cigarettes. When I started drinking around 16 my smoking habits became more intense. I was an athlete as well and when my high school coach caught me smoking weed i remember just having the largest guilt about it. I’ve probably smoked weed 20 times since then after smoking 3 times a day. By the time I was 18, I was just smoking cigs regularly.

I’m 29 soon, and while I’ve quit smoking cigs, I vape normally when I’m drunk. Though I plan on quitting smoking altogether as I’m expecting my firstborn next month.. ironically on 4/20 😂 and don’t want that shit near her.