{GDT} Game #68 - Washington visits Vancouver - March 16th, 2024

futurefilm

20 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Some teams are big, hard hitting and fast, some defensively frustrating and can shut you down easily, I can see something like

Vegas 1st rd,

Edmonton 2nd rd,

Colorado conference final. 

That hurts just thinking about it. 

IMG_5270.gif.5396f131fa377ed6ac8a70083c11c671.gif

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
  • Vintage 1

23 hours ago, King Heffy said:

For fans going to the game, make sure to boo Ovenchicken every time he touches the puck.  Hopefully Zadorov knocks that orc out with a clean hit.

I'm so sorry, but although I am a solid Canuck fan since 1970, I am going with my daughter, who loves Ovechkin, bought the tickets, and bought the Capitals  jersey I am wearing. Even though it says Capitals on the outside, I'm pure Canuck inside. 

12 minutes ago, MathIsFun said:

I'm so sorry, but although I am a solid Canuck fan since 1970, I am going with my daughter, who loves Ovechkin, bought the tickets, and bought the Capitals  jersey I am wearing. Even though it says Capitals on the outside, I'm pure Canuck inside. 

Just doesn't work that way for me. Solid Canuck fan on the inside is questionable here if the loyalty can be displaced like this, even if for one night.

Solid fan "but".....not tonight??

I get liking other teams and their players (I do too...Letang), but to wear THEIR jersey ever, let alone in our building? Nope. Never. I'd burn my hair off first.

You need to get your daughter over to the good side. Have fun....don't take the loss too badly.  😉

And rally behind our boys in their barn.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, MathIsFun said:

I hope I see that one person wearing a capitals jersey at the game tonight that jumps up and cheers when the canucks scores haha. It will make people watching the game on TV think capitals fans are stupid, so that's a positive.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Captain Hughes said:

I hope zadorov takes ovi out for the rest of his career. Zadorov man enough to say he's against the war in Ukraine and ovi is a putin loving asshole. Hundreds of thousands of dead russians and Ukrainians and ovi still loves the guy, he's his buddy. Fuck ovi 

It would be like draisitle saying Hitler is an OK dude. 

It’s called a war. Regardless of who you think is more right in that, comparing Putin to Hitler is pure stupid. You’re minimizing the atrocities of what Hitler did to people. There is a BIG difference.  Bad take. 

Disclaimer: I am not a Putin fan by any means and stand against the invasion of Ukraine and I was also against the invasion of Iraq. 

Edited by Grandmaster

We'll take the political stuff out now before this derails....but it was worthy of maybe connecting to Ovi who is in our building/city tonight. Some worship him. Some don't. F him.

But we're straying now so let's keep it game related.

• Vintage 1

10 hours ago, AngryGoose said:

curious who the 3rd & 4th gear guys Tocchett is concerned about 🤔

Considering Pettersson is playing like a 5 mil guy not a 7.8, let alone a 11.6, AND has been called out by RT already for lack of effort. 

I’d say that group is highlighted by our star that’s been horrid on the eye test for half the season. 

15 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Not in to Ovy breaking Gretz’s record. It is like Tocchet saying he didn’t want the Oilers to break his consecutive win record with Philly. If it was MacKinnin or McDavid I might feel differently as they are Canadians.

Just for the record, that wouldn't have been consecutive wins, in my books. 

The Pittsburgh record is 17 straight regulation wins. 

If anything, the Oinkers would have to beat the 35 undefeated streak of Philly, with Pat Quinn coaching, back in the day. 

The NHL should make that clear, if or when the records ever challenged again. 

• Cheers 1

We all know the history between Ron MacLean and the Canucks, particularly Alex Burrows. I bring this up so fans never forget what he tried to do by destroying Burr’s career. Good old Rotten Ronnie will be on the broadcast tonight. To amp up the sleaze factor apparently Ron went to Don Cherry’s house where his family was celebrating his 90th birthday. He went uninvited as there has been no contact since 2018. Of course MacLean was thumbs up as if there was a reconciliation but the family says otherwise. 

The way HNIC treated Don Cherry remains one of the biggest black eyes in hockey. A man in his ‘80’s misspoke so he was canned. No opportunity for a farewell to many fans who admired his hockey knowledge. No opportunity to leave with dignity. Ron MacLean could have helped his ‘friend’ Don but threw him under the bus. I haven’t listened to Don’s podcast for awhile but last I did he was the old Don. Full of stories about hockey people and just as sharp on his team analysis.

• Thanks 2
  • ThereItIs 2

3 hours ago, Captain Hughes said:

I hope zadorov takes ovi out for the rest of his career. Zadorov man enough to say he's against the war in Ukraine and ovi is a putin loving asshole. Hundreds of thousands of dead russians and Ukrainians and ovi still loves the guy, he's his buddy. Fuck ovi 

It would be like draisitle saying Hitler is an OK dude. 

wow...and to see there's even some folks liking such a post.... 

gcg

• Wiener 2

1 hour ago, MathIsFun said:

Episode 7 Traitor GIF by Star Wars

5 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

Or perhaps add to the misery with another same-size statue of Naslund's, "We choked." (jk oc)

tenor.gif?itemid=13337275

Dallas is unveiling Mike Modano statue outside their barn tonight.

Canucks should replace the stupid Roger relic with a statue of Bure or Linden. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1