{GDT} Game #68 - Washington visits Vancouver - March 16th, 2024

futurefilm

3 minutes ago, Future Considerations said:

I'd try 

Pettersson   Lindholm   Podkolzin

Pete and Lindholm don't seem to be the fit we were hoping for just yet. Putting Pod on a line with 2 slumping all stars in hopes of getting them going doesn't seem like the thing to do. 

Weve had Brock glued to Miller all year. I think it would be good to try a new look maybe we won't be so predictable come playoffs. 

I question Giraffe 🦒 in and Juuls out?

Pim's going up , no bone crushing hits. The though of Giraffe 🦒 covering Ovie has me in uhoh mode.

Someday l might see Juuls as full time rd. Not much rattles him.

• Like 1
  • Tank 1
  • Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Bring a sign that says "Ovenchicken is over-rated and wouldn't make the Canucks 4th line ... on Abby" ... you will (1) make a lot of friends and (2) be instantly recognizable live on TV.

Enjoy the game and GO CANUCKS GO!

To bug the Mrs, I call him "Asterix" overchicken.   

Because if your team owner and coach says they'll allow you to wobble on year after year until the record is broken....is it really a deserved record?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canadian_Kanga said:

To bug the Mrs, I call him "Asterix" overchicken.   

Because if your team owner and coach says they'll allow you to wobble on year after year until the record is broken....is it really a deserved record?

He would probably have it by now if there were no nhl lock downs due to the strikes. Around a 120 games missed, not including playoffs. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Cromeslab said:

Watch out Van city!@Cromeslab is making the trip down for this one,pretty good seats to boot!

GO CANUCKS!!!!

I am as well. They will not disappoint!!! 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Captkirk888 said:

Yah Pettersson, Miller and Boeser are pretty much washouts when it comes to shooting. Wish we had some goal scorers on this team….

Doesn’t matter if you’re a good shooter if you never actually shoot. 😂

• Cheers 2

53 minutes ago, Vancan said:

He would probably have it by now if there were no nhl lock downs due to the strikes. Around a 120 games missed, not including playoffs. 

This, if anything an asterix would be indicative of the games he lost to lockouts and Covid. Give him the entire 12-13 and 20-21 seasons and he'd probably be there already.

Had 32 goals in 48 games in 12-13 and 24 in 45 in 20-21. 

• Like 1

Last game before I miss a bunch on vacation. I hope they light it up. 
Refs have been very questionable in some recent games. We’ve got to rise above it all. And avoid injuries. Go Canucks!

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Captkirk888 said:
2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Doesn’t matter if you’re a good shooter if you never actually shoot. 😂

You said and I quote  “First unit I just see a bunch of guys that either don’t have great shots or are reluctant to shoot”

35 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Remember when the 2 man advantage was super rare? You'd literally have to murder someone on the ice to warrant a penalty if you were already down a man. Now 5 on 3s are used as tools by the refs to "manage" (control and decide the outcome of games.)  I have no faith in the NHLs officiating but the Canucks need to dig deep, push back way harder. They did the one thing they couldn't do against the Avs and that was to sit back. When they get up on teams they must continue to push forward, they can't pull their foot off the gas.

Friendly reminder that both these calls where calls that put the opposition on a 5 on 3 PP.  The refs know these aren't penalties, and they'd never be called if the score was tied.

And yet people continue to say "it's the way it is, deal with it, the Canucks gotta learn not to do that" 

There is a line. And its littered with bullshit. Can't paint the goat a different color. If it's shit it's shit. 

My options anyways. Stop the head hits yes. Stop the BS calls phantom hooking/tripping calls.. stop "managing" the game! 

God damn refs can suck a bag of _____. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Not in to Ovy breaking Gretz’s record. It is like Tocchet saying he didn’t want the Oilers to break his consecutive win record with Philly. If it was MacKinnin or McDavid I might feel differently as they are Canadians.

• Cheers 3

I was a big fan but I think we need to do some vandalism. Someone needs to cut the stick portion out and put a phone or a sandwich in his hand. Maybe we can finally get fair officiating for the playoffs.                                    

I'm just joking.

Vancouver Canucks Tailgating | SuperTailgate

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Not in to Ovy breaking Gretz’s record. It is like Tocchet saying he didn’t want the Oilers to break his consecutive win record with Philly. If it was MacKinnin or McDavid I might feel differently as they are Canadians.

I get the non Canadian thing, but if any other countryman takes it I would like Ovi. I mean have you ever seen anyone enjoy winning the Stanley cup more than him? Celebrate a goal like him? The guy loves hockey and its its history, and has been a great ambassador for the game world wide.

He is hands down the best goal scorer that has ever put on skates, and deserves the record regardless where he was born. 

Gretz will be fine. Take away all his goals and he is still the best point producer ever and no one athlete has ruled there sport with such a big difference points wise than he did.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Gurn said:

He may end up as the guy with the most goals; but the best goal scorer ever, was a guy named Mike Bossy.

Bossy RIP for sure has the best goals per game average ever. Which at first glance "should" end any argument. However Mr. Bossy played on one of the best hockey dynasties ever and only played a little over 700 games. If he played Ovi's 1400+ games, plus the Islanders falling apart would he still have maintained that GPG average over another 700 plus games???

Just something to ponder.

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

Last game before I miss a bunch on vacation. I hope they light it up. 
Refs have been very questionable in some recent games. We’ve got to rise above it all. And avoid injuries. Go Canucks!

The four games we won I think refs were good. We were disciplined but also refs didn’t do game management as much. Either that or we played near perfect games and gave refs no reason to call a penalty. We need to play that way! 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2