{GDT} Game #68 - Washington visits Vancouver - March 16th, 2024

futurefilm

2 icings, 2 goals against.

Guys are sprawling all over the ice while not even touching the puck. This is exactly NOT  the kind of hockey you want to be playing with a dozen games to go before the playoffs.

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

Eh, I don't blame either goal on DeSmith. 

NO  - I don't either.  The team seems to welt without him.    this has happened before without him......

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WiDeN said:

Petterson needs to be far more direct. He is always looking for the cheeky skill play, which is great when it works, but it's often how they lose possession. He needs to make the high percentage play, which is often less sexy. 

It looks to me like he gets frustrated after a couple plays get interrupted, then he hangs his head as he heads back to the bench. After that he's more likely to try to beat three players by himself, which doesn't usually turn out well. At the beginning of the year he wasn't having these problems, because he was playing the system better. 

I know he and Garland haven't paired well in the past, but I've often wondered what it would look like with Garland and Joshua on Petey's wings. 

Anyway, I'm no hockey guru, so what do I know. I just hope he finds his game before playoffs. 

So you're saying petey looks like an opportunistic player and not so much a play driver?..... 

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Cry fest. Here we go. That sound is all the whingers leaping off the bandwagon.

Give your head a shake. Fans expressing displeasure on a fan forum during the game because their team had a terrible call against them that leads to a huge shift in the game equates to bandwagon? What a stupid thing to say.

• Cheers 1