{GDT} Game #68 - Washington visits Vancouver - March 16th, 2024

futurefilm

Well... in that case of pondering...

NO lockouts nor covid, but Ovi does both acl's first game and was out for 3+ years anyway.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/game-three-of-homestand-has-alex-ovechkin-and-the-caps-coming-to-town

It is going to be another rocking Saturday night at Rogers Arena as the Vancouver Canucks (42-17-8) will host the Washington Capitals (31-25-9) on Hockey Night in Canada. 

This will be the one and only time that Canucks fans will be able to see Alex Ovechkin play at Rogers Arena this season. The 38-year-old has 18 goals this season, including 10 over his last 19 games.

Ovechkin’s chase for Wayne Gretzky’s all-time goal record is still on. Gretzky had 894 over his career and Ovechkin continues to close in – currently sitting at 840.

Edited by Canadian_Kanga
don't want ovi fanboys whining too much...

Caps are only 1 pt back of WC2. 

They are going to be desperate. 

Nux must be just as desperate and match their work ethic.  2 wins or so left to clinich.  Get the points.  Don't shit the bed. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Like 1

no pp will be our undoing need to work on this.petey need to man up a bit and score,pp concerns me more like wtf with the talent (coaching etc) Why do we suck?

Do better

9 hours ago, Coconuts said:

This, if anything an asterix would be indicative of the games he lost to lockouts and Covid. Give him the entire 12-13 and 20-21 seasons and he'd probably be there already.

Had 32 goals in 48 games in 12-13 and 24 in 45 in 20-21. 

On the flip side, if EDM was already part of the NHL, add 40-50 goals for Gretzky's first pro season, and he also missed half a season, due to 94-95 walkout. 

Edited by IBatch

19 hours ago, Bounce000 said:

Last time I was this early I was still charged the full hour

If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes...

Go Canucks GO!

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 2

10 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

I was a big fan but I think we need to do some vandalism. Someone needs to cut the stick portion out and put a phone or a sandwich in his hand. Maybe we can finally get fair officiating for the playoffs.                                    

I'm just joking.

Vancouver Canucks Tailgating | SuperTailgate

Or perhaps add to the misery with another same-size statue of Naslund's, "We choked." (jk oc)

tenor.gif?itemid=13337275

sunny Saturday... breakfast is done, home made bread is in the oven for the week, Have to miss the first period due to a previous, unavoidable engagement. But life is good. I hope that Ovi scores two and we score five for the win. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

we need someone to padlock the ref's locker room once they are in there and have Hank, Danny, R Johnson and D.Petey2 dress as the officials for the game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Looking forward to seeing if the Canucks demonstrate they have actually learned the lessons they claimed to have learned from their last game. GCG!

11 hours ago, Captkirk888 said:

You said and I quote  “First unit I just see a bunch of guys that either don’t have great shots or are reluctant to shoot”

Yes Hughes and Garland don’t have great shots. The others are reluctant to shoot. 😉

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

On the flip side, if EDM was already part of the NHL, add 40-50 goals for Gretzky's first pro season, and he also missed half a season, due to 94-95 walkout. 

Fuck Ovi and Gretzky!  GO CANUCKS GO!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Let's have the neighbours over to celebrate the 212th anniversary of Going to Washington and burning the white house down. 

Only if Pumpkinhead is back in the White House.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

There are a lot of what ifs - what if Gordie Howe played 6 seasons in the NHL instead of the WHA, what if Bobby Hull (610 goals) played 8 more seasons in the NHL instead of the WHA - he had 50 goals in 71-72 with Chicago before potting 51, 53, 77, 53 in his first 4 seasons with the Jets in the WHA, what if Mike Bossy (573 goals) played an additional 10 years instead of calling it a career because of a bad back at 10 seasons, what if Jagr (766 goals) played 4 seasons more in the NHL instead of taking a break in the middle of his career, what if Gretzky tore ACL's in back to back season during his Oilers salad days and of course there is this dude named Mario and his misfortune before coming back to the NHL ... at the risk of stating the obvious it takes a tremendous combination of skill, luck, good health, long career, did I mention skill to score 500, 600, or even 700 goals in the NHL.  

It has been a pleasure to watch many great players ascend the ladder and to witness one who actually has a chance to catch and overtake Gretzky. Good for Ovi, I hope he scores 1 goal today or even 2 on the way to a 5-1 or 5-2 win by the Good Guyz.

Go Ovi Go but more importantly GO CANCUKS GO!!!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 2