{GDT} Game #68 - Washington visits Vancouver - March 16th, 2024

futurefilm

Paging Mr. Pettersson, paging Mr. Pettersson.

Mr. Pettersson, report to Lost & Found please.

Edited by 1-d
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

This is the version of the canucks you're gonna get in the playoffs. Don't expect anything better. Been preaching to learn from their mistakes since game 1. But the lack of consistency within the game is something that will stay. 

Can't figure it out after 65 games? won't figure it out now.  1st round exit on the way folks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Cole needed to be load managed weeks ago. That’s on coaching staff.

Agree.  He's too old to be playing these minutes.    Tock-it better start resting some of these guys - no need to chase another Presidents Trophey banner - we need our guys rested for the playoffs and a cup run.

The officials are such an embarrassment... TSN crew said the ref must have thought he was racing the Canuck to the puck ...... It's becoming such a joke that it's now routine to make wtf jokes about it 

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Big Hit coming up

I8g0pc.gif

That's who we need on this team. Somebody who takes their lines seriously!

And that would be Garland! 😆

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetliner said:

This is the version of the canucks you're gonna get in the playoffs. Don't expect anything better. Been preaching to learn from their mistakes since game 1. But the lack of consistency within the game is something that will stay. 

Can't figure it out after 65 games? won't figure it out now.  1st round exit on the way folks. 

couple hug GIF

You know when you have a a coworker that does fuck all and somehow makes more than you? The hate towards that person is visceral.

yea, there’s a 100% probability that at least some of the guys on our team feel this way about Petey. 

I have no doubt that Petey can turn it on and be a top 5 C in the league. I understand that he has unbelievable upside. But… an 11.6 mil player can’t be a milk carton guy for months at a time. 

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

The truth? They stink and lack security, or so it would seem. You?

I don't know if it's DeSmith or just that they seem to be overly aware that they choked against Colorado, so instead of just playing their system they are panicking under pressure.

Both goals were Canucks players not sticking with their man. On the Ovechkin goal I think Suter was with him and then for some reason left him and it's in the net. 

The Canucks were playing good in front of DeSmith and Demko until after the All star break. Now they have been very uneven. 

I would have thought they'd play tighter to protect DeSmith more, but they seem more scattered tonight. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Ugly thing to say but they don't play the same without Demko in net. I guess it's a mind-set but they have to break it. The points are important for the seeding.                          

Not even sure if seeding is a thing anymore. Perhaps Nashville would be the "easiest" match, but finishing first in the conference or division just means you play a team with a couple less points then others. I am now more on board with just getting the special teams right and staying healthy.