{GDT} Game #68 - Washington visits Vancouver - March 16th, 2024

futurefilm

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I just hear excuses. The pp has been below garbage for almost two months now. Someone needs to be held accountable for it. It’s losing them games.

1 minute ago, Wing said:

So are the caps players. That was just too much passing. Not gonna get a goal if you don't shoot the puck.

Yeah - I know it's an excuse.  That unit didn't look good.  Obviously if the PP runs better we might naturally get better looks in an extra attacker situation.  

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

JT tried....

And was directing traffic and trying to get guys to move. 

He really did try.  But ultimately he didn't execute, along with the rest of the linemates.  As a whole, everyone needs to play better.  I don't expect they'll get any more days off during this homestand.

Well I am not sure but seems like the canucks need to figure out how to pass...

So many passes behind the player, bobbled passes, trying to pass through caps players, few blind passes to nobody...

Even as they crept back in shots in the third they just could not complete simple passes and squandered their chances.

Very frustrating as a fan to watch that...

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Likely the two Western Conf Finalist.  We certainly won't be there the way we've been playing.

Yes because Edmonton just killed it all year. I remember.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

Just now, canuck73 said:

Well I am not sure but seems like the canucks need to figure out how to pass...

So many passes behind the player, bobbled passes, trying to pass through caps players, few blind passes to nobody...

Even as they crept back in shots in the third they just could not complete simple passes and squandered their chances.

Very frustrating as a fan to watch that...

The ice was just putrid tonight. Have they ever replaced or updated the ice plant??

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Pick a side.

Teams win and lose. They kill it some games and other games, not so much.

Learn to ride the wave a bit.

Im a hockey fan not just a Canucks fan. I watch as many games as I can. I realize when a team is a contender and when a team is a pretender. The Canucks were a contender the first 50 games but not so much the last 20+ games

• Haha 3

No sprits. No chemistries. Out team sucks. I think we will loose 1st position in Pacific Division to Edmonton and be beaten by LA in 1st round of playoff again.

Edited by vancouveryou
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jatt Sharabi said:

If you guys don't realize the Canucks have been trash the last 20~games. You are setting yourself up for disappointment come playoffs. This is not how you win. 

And you’re here why? 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya here we go. Where were you again?  Nope you just looking for attention. Good luck with that.

I was at the Victoria Royals game. You act like Washington isn’t fighting for their playoff lives and destroyed us, they barely beat our backup…

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jatt Sharabi said:

Im a hockey fan not just a Canucks fan. I watch as many games as I can. I realize when a team is a contender and when a team is a pretender. The Canucks were a contender the first 50 games but not so much the last 20+ games

So who's going to win the cup?

Oh wise one.

• Haha 1
  • Wiener 1

Just now, Jatt Sharabi said:

So they were a contender for 50 games and now it’s over? Ok 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

I was at the Victoria Royals game. You act like Washington isn’t fighting for their playoff lives and destroyed us, they barely beat our backup…

We shouldn’t even be discussing a loss. Sorry. We are at the top and have just been terrible lately when faced with pressure.

• Haha 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

I love when all the people who don't post throughout games show up after losses.

Quite telling.

I'm here all game every game. This was a stinker. Not sure why anyone would say otherwise.

10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

They're battling for a wild card spot and desperate.

We'll be fine. 

I’m not sure. The effort I’ve seen the last couple is concerning. I mean everyone is battling for something. Last place team’s players are battling for contracts or a trade. In the playoffs teams will be desperate to win as well. 
I like what Tocchet has done for the team drive most of the year, but for stretches we see the Vancouver Country Club show back up. 

Just now, Joshua.Guy said:

I'm here all game every game. This was a stinker. Not sure why anyone would say otherwise.

Wasn't referring to you.

• Cheers 1