{GDT} Game #68 - Washington visits Vancouver - March 16th, 2024

futurefilm

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I'm just going to wait to see the new statue they unanimously vote to erect after the playoffs are done and the Cup parade is over this year. 

I think I got an inkling who it might be. Marican boy I think...9️⃣

I like Ian Cole too but I wouldn't build a statue of him

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

There are many memorable moments throughout Canucks history but the list of moments more memorable than that one is likely very small 

He may have ended his career a Senator but Burr was a Canuck through and through, I personally wouldn't put any Canuck ahead of him if I had to pick one to build a statue of 

Hell, his bow and arrow celebration would work too 

Trevor and Kirk after gave 6 SCF . Would summarize the whole Canucks history to this point

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

Getting rid of Roger waving the white flag would also be symbolic of turning a new leaf. 

I feel like it's time. 

It served us well in the moment (not really) to bring some awareness but seemingly did more harm than good. Sadly, it's an organization that would rather hush the critics and pretend they don't exist than use constructive criticism to be better and progressive.

Deaf ear on the ol' boys club.

But yeah....would be nice to turn the page and start fresh. Give this club in the here and now their own identity without carry over from the past. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I feel like it's time. 

It served us well in the moment (not really) to bring some awareness but seemingly did more harm than good. Sadly, it's an organization that would rather hush the critics and pretend they don't exist than use constructive criticism to be better and progressive.

Deaf ear on the ol' boys club.

But yeah....would be nice to turn the page and start fresh. Give this club in the here and now their own identity without carry over from the past. 

Maybe a statue of Green with his bags packed heading to the airport, best thing that’s happened to this club in over a decade.

• Haha 1
  • Wiener 1

51 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

We're talking about changing the Roger Nielsen statue/luck with something new. Get rid of that vibe.

It's all good.

Yeah the Nielsen statue was unnecessary. Another reminder that we whine. At the same time, I'd rather hold off until we win a cup (which I think will happen soon). 

At that point, JR can retire and we can throw him up there. 

9 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Yeah the Nielsen statue was unnecessary. Another reminder that we whine. At the same time, I'd rather hold off until we win a cup (which I think will happen soon). 

At that point, JR can retire and we can throw him up there. 

I don't agree with this.

"We whine" is a narrative some use in a head in the sand attempt to pretend everything's fine and dandy. It's not.

It's almost like it's become edgy or somehow makes us tougher. That old man up stuff.

I feel that toughness comes with the courage to stand up to stuff and go against the grain. Rather than just suck it up and go with the flow.

Roger's actions may not have corrected anything but I applaud him for having the guts to do what he did. The ol' boys clubs of the world are slowly becoming exposed for what they are. Mostly deaf, dumb, blind, spineless and corrupt.

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Maybe a statue of Green with his bags packed heading to the airport, best thing that’s happened to this club in over a decade.

Might as well have Benning walking right beside him to. 

21 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I don't agree with this.

"We whine" is a narrative some use in a head in the sand attempt to pretend everything's fine and dandy. It's not.

It's almost like it's become edgy or somehow makes us tougher. That old man up stuff.

I feel that toughness comes with the courage to stand up to stuff and go against the grain. Rather than just suck it up and go with the flow.

Roger's actions may not have corrected anything but I applaud him for having the guts to do what he did. The ol' boys clubs of the world are slowly becoming exposed for what they are. Mostly deaf, dumb, blind, spineless and corrupt.

I'm with you about the old boys club. They are proud, arrogant and are not held accountable. 

At the same time, ownership cares more about their pocketbooks so they keep them in power instead of speaking out. 

Rogers statue does nothing. Have you seen the league change since he waived his flag? 

The Canucks are building something special right now. It doesn't make sense that we have to beat the refs as well as the opposition but that's what we are gearing up for. RT isn't stupid. We got screwed last game. We all know this. But he's building a winner where we fight through bad calls and still win so that the entire world knows we are the best. The calls will start going our way when the world knows we own the other team. They'll know they can't influence the game so they'll just give up and call it properly before the game turns into a farce 

• Cheers 1