{GDT} Game #68 - Washington visits Vancouver - March 16th, 2024

futurefilm

20 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Pavel Bure has openly admitted to have personal and business ties to the Russian Mafia, and Putin pretty much secretly runs that. Do you hate Bure? 

I by no means stand behind Putin and can't wait till he get the Sadam Hussein treatment one day, but his hockey career is legendary and deserves some credit for that.

Don't hate Ovi or Bure, just don't think hockey brilliance qualifies one for ambassador status when off ice stuff isn't exemplary as well

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

Don't hate Ovi or Bure, just don't think hockey brilliance qualifies one for ambassador status when off ice stuff isn't exemplary as well

Well said and it's a pretty touchy topic. 

Putins name has been said to many times in this game thread and he's not worth the time or energy. Go Canucks Go!!!

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

The sun is shining and Bruins losing ... glorious day!!!

2-2 after two.

Nux just need to take care of business.  Stay first in West.

Avs likely beat oils tonight. 

Stars lead LAK 3-0. 

Edited by Jaimito

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

2-2 after two.

Nux just need to take care of business.  Stay first in West.

Avs likely beat oils tonight. 

Stars lead LAK 3-0. 

Still a glorious day!

Get down to bidnaz. Let's go!

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The Canucks control thier fate. Just keep winning and getting points. Get into playoff mode.

Washington, Buffalo, Montreal, Calgary in 8 days. "Should" get at least 6pts, and would put us in a comfy(ish) spot.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

Going to miss this one. 
In Toronto to see Ministry.

Gary Numan and the pleasant surprise of Front Line Assembly(who i had no idea were playing) are already worth the trip. 

While in Toronto, if you happen to stubble upon Austin Matthews, do everyone a solid and kick him in the nuts please.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Vancan said:

While in Toronto, if you happen to stubble upon Austin Matthews, do everyone a solid and kick him in the nuts please.

I wonder if they have an ugly moustache over them as well. We know there is nothing else. 😜 

I preparation for the game, it is Girl Scout cookies and champagne!

I have not drank champagne in months due to my crazy schedule and priorities, so tonight is the night!

IMG_5114.thumb.jpeg.3b19a0a0e02db138ffdffa63f812517b.jpeg

Edited by brilac
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Vancan said:

Pavel Bure has openly admitted to have personal and business ties to the Russian Mafia, and Putin pretty much secretly runs that. Do you hate Bure? 

I by no means stand behind Putin and can't wait till he get the Sadam Hussein treatment one day, but his hockey career is legendary and deserves some credit for that.

I didn’t know that. 

Link/Source? 

Man, I would love to cut Ovi's chances of making the post season, right here, right now, tonight. They have two games in hand on Detroit, but are three points below them as of now. Detroit holds the current last Wild Card spot in the east. Let's not help the Caps with even one point tonight. Regulation Statement Game is what I am after:

Lindholm game winner, after someone else gets a hatty. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwarrior said:

Got home from work. Just had my shower beer. Now going to crack open another, and wait for puck drop. Let's go!!!!!

Beer in the shower? 

I now know I haven’t been living my best life. Dammit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2