[Signing] Canes extend Spencer Martin

16 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I'm not even sure why you're so hung up on this.  It's the next day.

For what it's worth, no one would think you were happy for Martin after your first post.  Sounds like you're dissing him.

well, im not... it was truly an emotionless post that was short... lots of left out information like my view.

if i were to know what i know now... i would write... happy for the guy, I hope he can break the mold, but its looking like he's going to be a career backup

.i suppose i should have spent more time writing that post than explain myself 3 times after.

Just now, PeteyBOI said:

well, im not... it was truly an emotionless post that was short... lots of left out information like my view.

if i were to know what i know now... i would write... happy for the guy, I hope he can break the mold, but its looking like he's going to be a career backup

.i suppose i should have spent more time writing that post than explain myself 3 times after.

This wasn't an apparent thing after he got demoted to Abbotsford last season.  Martin was poised to look like a career AHLer only two years ago.  He had some obvious ups and downs along the way but he raised his game big time and earned his spot in the NHL.  

• Cheers 2

He had a nutty stint with us too. Before getting exposed. Of course our starter going down didn't help. But still. I think the thing for him is getting some form of consistency. Having random Linsanity runs here and there while fun, doesn't really help you stick in the show. Rooting for the guy though. Hope he finds a home and becomes a true NHL level backup.

1 hour ago, PeteyBOI said:

I wouldn't have an issue if you had written this. But with no context whatsoever, a post that says "dude is 30, the writing is on the wall" doesn't remotely demonstrate that you're "happy for the guy".

So yeah, I thought you were dissing the dude. That's not on me. That's on you for not writing properly.

1 hour ago, PureQuickness said:

I wouldn't have an issue if you had written this. But with no context whatsoever, a post that says "dude is 30, the writing is on the wall" doesn't remotely demonstrate that you're "happy for the guy".

So yeah, I thought you were dissing the dude. That's not on me. That's on you for not writing properly.

like i said... struggling with brain fog due to covid and mental illness screwing with my brain... im off work for a long time. as part of my brain recovers

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PeteyBOI said:

like i said... struggling with brain fog due to covid and mental illness screwing with my brain... im off work for a long time. as part of my brain recovers

I retract my previous statements. I understand now and I know now that you didn't mean to sound judgmental.

I think the guy did well for us, but he was clearly not a number # 1 starter. That's fine. This league is very hard.

This is probably a sign that either Andy or Kochetkov (however you spell it) will be traded in the off-season (draft makes sense). I can see a tendy hungry team from the POs going in on PK since he is young and has shown a ton of potential.