[PGT] Capitals at Canucks

1 minute ago, Jatt Sharabi said:

You're hoping he will provide something but the truth is, it's Loui Erickson all over again... It's looking that way anyways 

Naaaaaaahhh Loui was 6x6

This would be an entirely different but equal kind of pain for me, losing the draft picks. 

That said I still hold hope Joshua stabilizes the top 9 and Lindholm bumps into the top 6 and we can get more than 1 line, or any for that matter, rolling on any given night. 

• Cheers 1

Caps are now 1 point out of a wildcard spot, fighting for their playoff lives, we are essentially coasting along, which isn't good, just means the same urgency isn't there. We do need to get our butts in gear. 

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

I wonder if Tocchet has created a structure that doesn't let the offensive players flourish and utilize their creativity. 

I get he's trying to build a team that can win in the playoffs, but to me it's caused the offence to look predictable.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, AlexanderM said:

Caps are now 1 point out of a wildcard spot, fighting for their playoff lives, we are essentially coasting along, which isn't good, just means the same urgency isn't there. We do need to get our butts in gear. 

Worst part is, Caps weren't even good tonight. This was a brutal game for the Canucks. 

7 minutes ago, Jatt Sharabi said:

So this dude can win faceoff. Whippie. It was soooo worth a 1st round pick and a top prospect 

You don't think winning critical faceoffs is important in the playoffs?

• Cheers 2
  • Wiener 1

Just now, LB28 said:

I wonder if Tocchet has created a structure that doesn't let the offensive players flourish and utilize their creativity. 

I get he's trying to build a team that can win in the playoffs, but to me it's caused the offence to look predictable.

Pretty sure he lets them have the power play for their creativity and that's probably the worst part of their game since the All Star Break. A decent to good power play would've won them a few more games and a record like 13-5-2 instead of 10-8-2 in that time. 

1 hour ago, Dude said:

You know what bud.How about if the Miller line isn't going your fucking boy Petey takes a turn at controling a game.When in the hell has that happened since the Allstar break.

11th in the league in points and taken over many games. He does need to step up lately but crying about him like this is flat out stupid. 

• Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, AlexanderM said:

Edm beat them 7-2on Thursday….we lost 2-1. Their fighting wasn’t an issue in Edm. The Canucks got to,wake up,and not take periods off.

1 minute ago, BC_Hawk said:

Edm beat them 7-2on Thursday….we lost 2-1. Their fighting wasn’t an issue in Edm. The Canucks got to,wake up,and not take periods off.

Hopefully Calgary doesn't beat them on Monday, that would make this loss even worse. 

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You mean the prospect that openly wasn’t signing anyway? Whoopie 😂

And a 1st round pick plus kuzmenko plus jurmo..YESS the Canucks got fleeced. But a rainbowed color fool like yourself wouldn't comprehend that..

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Canuck You said:

At least we are guaranteed pretty much to be in the playoffs..We have a few guys hurt, This is like pre-season for me at this point..and why show them all our cards anyway!

we need 3 wins to guarantee it

not sure why tocchet refuse to let lindholm play in the top 6.. and continue to put him in the 3rd line with garland and bluegar that's simply not working.. i mean as soon as DJ is back.. they gonna put them back together.. so where else you going to put lindholm? on ur 4th line? or are they planning to wait until DJ back prolly in april before putting lindholm on one of the 1st 2 lines and expect him to build chemistry in 1 or 2 games before heading into the playoff? we don't need lindholm taking faceoff for bleugar he's perfectly fine taking faceoff himself.. and ffs stop using EP as a net front presence on the PP.. put a big body there that can take the punishment in front of the net.. why the hell would you put EP there to take the punishment from defender and possibly get hit by shots.. Tocchet needs to watch tapes on other teams powerplay.. they play with so much pace and movement.. our pp have 0 pace and minimal movement.. it makes the sedin powerplay look like they were playing on lightspeed in comparison

• Cheers 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

The magic number before tonight’s game was 6.

before the colorado game. they said we needed 3 WINS and OT loss to clinch.  we got the OT Loss since then.  so yeah 6.  3wins/2 wins 2 ot losses/ 1 win 4 ot losses/ 6 ot losses.

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You mean the prospect that openly wasn’t signing anyway? Whoopie 😂

Plus no guarantees that 1st round pick would turn out as well. We are well aware how 1st round picks don't always pan out. I believe Lindholm is a much different person and player than Eriksson was. A proven 2 way player that is crazy strong and battles hard, rarely injured, plus year after year puts up top notch points on two different teams. Vs. a prospect and a pick. I'd say the proven player was and will be worth the risk, over a couple who knows?   

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Iron Fist said:

before the colorado game. they said we needed 3 WINS and OT loss to clinch.  we got the OT Loss since then.  so yeah 6.  3wins/2 wins 2 ot losses/ 1 win 4 ot losses/ 6 ot losses.

Magic number of 6 means 12 points, with only 6 points its not a clinch.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

It's quite humourous watching all the people who shouted down anyone who dared be objective, self destructing.  Nothing but excuses

Can't win playing about 22 mins of hockey.  They'll be very lucky to get to round 2.  Just enjoy getting there 

Was at the game, Canucks owned the play when they moved their feet but simply stopped skating in the second and early in the third. When they moved their feet, it was all Canucks. 

I don't get the sense that any of the lines have an identity right now. Would love to see a new lineup that provides clearer roles:

EP Miller Boeser (1st line offense, need these guys going)

Mik Lindholm Podz/Hogs (shut down line)

DJ Blueger Garland (energy, secondary scoring)

Laff Suter Hogs/Podz (energy, extra scoring)

Tocc said he doesn't like the lotto line but this team needs some juice. Plus, why did they get Lindholm if not to put him in the top six. I feel like the above lineup is more balanced, provides clearer roles, and puts guys in their proper spots.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Iron Fist said:

Untitled.jpg