[PGT] Capitals at Canucks

16 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:

Personally think the issue is that RT has gotten the team playing the way he wants now and the team was more successful playing less the way he wanted them too.  

We are playing low event hockey now and not being as successful with that.  While we were playing towards playing low event hockey in the fall and winter and playing better with being a little more offensively aggressive and a little more leaning on the front foot and counter attacking.  Team needs to be more offensively aggressive then RT wants them to play and is constructed better to win 5-2 then 2-1.  

I think this is partly true.

As they got away from things RT wanted them to do and started to lose it, they pushed back with that agenda but maybe a bit more balance is in order?

Don't neglect one side of it for the other. They seem to be sacrificing some offence and some if it is that you let guys with natural talent just....play. Like overcoaching a guy like Petey might be doing more harm than good. Get out of their heads so they can too?

Maybe.

Still love Tocc as coach and I'm not as concerned as some others. 

30 minutes ago, stawns said:

Myers had a heckuva game last night, Cole was the weak point.

Myers looked lost/deer in headlights a few times last night. And really didn't contribute much at all. No hits, shots, blocks....nothing that I saw. I know that it's often best if d men aren't noticeable, but not to completely disappear.

If Miller didn't do anything in your eyes and Myers did, that's your opinion but it isn't necessarily factual. You're scapegoating the wrong guy and protecting the one who deserves some criticism. FTR, I like Myers and want him to do well. He wasn't awful but if JT was in your view, let's widen the scope.

Miller was engaged even IF he had a few bobbled pucks.

Oh wait, Myers DID block a shot...I forgot!

432456052_10160815139745549_621163373343

432416420_10160815139570549_311872729469

433555703_10160815139590549_523529661046

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

We've lost 18 games all season, and 8 OTL losses. Do you think Colorado and Carolina is panicking because they've lost 20 games?

Worry if play Montreal, Buffalo, and Calgary and we get spanked by all three.

How many of those have been in the last 20?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

We've lost 18 games all season, and 8 OTL losses. Do you think Colorado and Carolina is panicking because they've lost 20 games?

Worry if play Montreal, Buffalo, and Calgary and we get spanked by all three.

I also LOVE how people now are drooling over the Oilers. How quickly they forget.

Did they turn it around? Sure. 

But they can just as easily lose as the next team and are NOT a shoe in as some here paint them as.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I know it was a small sample size. But the games without Myers. The team looked better. I like Myers as a person. But his Jekyll and Hyde play, it seems the team is better without. It might make it easier to find out now so they can walk away from him in the offseason.

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Pretty poor effort these last stretch of games. Tocchet needs to shake things up. To me it's simple:

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Garland - Lindholm - Hoglander

Suter - Blueger - Mikheyev

Podkolzin - Lafferty - PDG

Petey miller Boeser

Hoglander Lindholm Garland

Still a rock steady reliable 2nd line, good faceoff, good for checking, when Lindholm gets going will be steady offense as well. Time to use our most potent line as our first. I don't know if they're waiting for Joshua back before they do this to beef up that 3rd or what? Or maybe they don't wanna use up the magic of the lotto line till the playoffs? I 1000% think they'll be together then though. Can they get hot and win 16 games on the playoffs? There's a chance imo

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

How many of those have been in the last 20?

Yes, teams do go through peaks and valleys. But also consider the schedule and that after the AS break they weren't "on". 

How about the 40 before the last 20?

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

This is your take, and some is bang on. Some is not. The second was awful, yes. The rest of the game wasn't quite as dramatic as some here make it.

Remember....the Ovi's and Oshies of the league are experienced veterans who are also desperate and battling for a spot (as well as their own personal accolades). Those things matter (too).

cApZ  r  oLd

McMichael (had as much ice time as OV) JUST turned 23 in January

Lapierre JUST turned 22 a few weeks ago

Miroshnichenko JUST turned 20

Protas turned 23 in January

Their d's average age is 28 which, for d, isn't old (it's often players in their prime in this position)

Do you know who had the least amount of ice time for the Caps? Old guys Tom Wilson, Max Pacioretty, van Riemsdyk.

Try to come in from the ledge.

Was this really just a way to tell us your friend was in the same place as Ovi?  😎

I really don't need you patrolling the thread telling me how to feel.

Just because I don't post all hail Miller every post doesn't mean my feelings are invalid.

3 minutes ago, Canadian_Kanga said:

I really don't need you patrolling the thread telling me how to feel.

Just because I don't post all hail Miller every post doesn't mean my feelings are invalid.

You mean responding to your post? I'm allowed to do that. 

And you said Washington was old....do you have anything to respond to in regard to my comment or the fact that I pointed out some errors in yours? Rather than just lashing out?

You can be as angry as you want over the team/loss but don't expect people to necessarily agree with your take. I didn't.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

You mean responding to your post?

I'm allowed to do that. 

And you said Washington was old....do you have anything to respond to in regard to the fact that I pointed out some error in that? Rather than just lashing out?

Ave age...

WSH - 29.5 (2nd oldest)
PIT - 30.8 (highest)

There's the error, is there an apology coming, or just more lashing out?

You can respond to my post as you feel you must, again, I don't need to be told to come off from the ledge, my posting style is old, or I'm bragging.

Edited by Canadian_Kanga

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Life is what you make it.

Disrespectful? It's a hockey game and if you go with some huge expectations, yes, maybe you willl be disappointed. It was a one goal difference...that means when we pushed at the end if we'd tied it, it would have been the same situation as the Oilers/Avs game. We were in it even if it wasn't the prettiest effort.

If a family with kids doesn't have a great time at the game, that's honestly on them. The overall entertainment value is there...with lots of fun stuff going on for the kids. who often don't care much about what's happening on the ice (at least in a sustained way). They have awesome videos played throughout, Timbits, contests, Crazy P (annoying as hell, but kids lap it up), etc. Every kid I've ever seen on the big screen is loving it...dancing, cheering, etc. If parents are negative that may have an overall impact on what their kids take away from it too. And young kids on a long trip are often less than enthused at times but that's not on the team.

I don't know that there's a textbook definition of fanatic because we all do it our own way. Some here seem less fanatic about the team and more fanatic about being "winners"....almost like it's a badge they somehow earn. For me, being a fanatic is supporting my team. Getting excited when they play...win and lose. So my way is a bit different than yours but I assure you I'm every bit as fanatical about this deal. I just accept losing as part of it.

Sounds like a sense of entitlement if you come for a game and somehow walk away feeling "disrespected". Kind of ridiculous to me. I mean even royalty let loose and had fun here for crying out loud. If you're JUST focused on winning, sure. But if you loosen up and have a night out, it's all ok. Even if/when we lose.

You keep missing my point. It's fine. Keep your blinders on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canadian_Kanga said:

Ave age...

WSH - 29.5 (2nd oldest)
PIT - 30.8 (highest)

You can respond to my post as you feel you must, again, I don't need to be told to come off from the ledge, my posting style is old, or I'm bragging.

How much ice time did the young/old guys get?

Matters.

• Cheers 1

Oh wait... if I post last then I win

edit:

"All hail Miller"

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks-loss-capitals-icing-call

“He came and apologized,” Tocchet said.” That happens.”

Unfortunately, his apology didn’t change the outcome. Tom Wilson scored on the next shift,  while Alex Ovechkin potted the game-winner less than two minutes later.

However, Tocchet wasn’t blaming the officiating for the loss.

“We played way too much on the outside tonight.”

Edited by Canadian_Kanga

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

How was the game "disrespectful"?

Help me understand that part.

If you're being paid to do a job and you don't put any effort in at all, I consider that disrespectful. It's pretty simple and there's zero chance you're going to change my mind on the matter. 

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Canadian_Kanga said:

Ave age...

WSH - 29.5 (2nd oldest)
PIT - 30.8 (highest)

There's the error, is there an apology coming, or just more lashing out?

Yes, you're right on the last point and I do apologize for that. Set off by the "my friend snapped a picture" part but nonetheless, didn't need to say that and I'm sorry. 

I'm tired of the pgt's when we lose and that's on me. I actually shut it down last night (and other nights) so I wouldn't have to engage. Probably time to do that again and come back when we win and people don't have daggers out. I feel a little protective of my team at times, whether appropriate or not.

It's tough loving this team, especially when it becomes a very hostile environment. I accept your comment and will learn from it.

Miller isn't perfect but BY FAR he's the best player on the ice most games for us. 

11 hours ago, Jaimito said:

But another 3 pt game. 

Nux need to keep the pt streak going.  Manage your losses even when they don't have it.  

Lot of games left.  Need a W next game. 

The canucks will likely be in 7th or 8th place by next weekend - maybe lower the way most the team has not been showing up.   Sad to see all that hard effort early on go down the drain and needlessly. Oh well!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

The canucks will likely be in 7th or 8th place by next weekend - maybe lower the way most the team has not been showing up.   Sad to see all that hard effort early on go down the drain and needlessly. Oh well!

How is it down the drain?

No one cares where you finish in the standings unless you manage to play yourself out of post season. I doubt that happens but, if it does, sure.

Bragging rights don't come with President's Trophies....a lesson we all should have learned by now. 

Lastly, I'm glad to hear Tocchet got an apology from the linesman that blew the offside. Not that it helps now, but it's showing some accountability and that's refreshing.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Glad I didn't stay up for this one. Team looked like ass.

Also once again a timeout called when the team looked rattled could have worked but meh, keep tossing the games away and allowing our team to look panicked.

Lots of ass performances.

Also whatever happened to refs moving the puck to center ice after blown icing calls? Why is this never a thing now? 

• Cheers 2

So, let me wade into last nights game a little.....

We are  4 wins and 2 losses in March..........not bad, certainly alot better than last year, but

IMO, we have to play better. Colorado turned up a notch and we folded

Washington, plays a tight game and we can not generate scoring chances....

Top teams can turn up the pressure, on demand.....maybe still not win, but play with more intensity, when dragging their arses

Stars have to lead.....I did not see that yesterday.....none of Hughes, Miller or Pettersson impressed me, and Pettersson specifically has been  hot and cold

I expect more.........

We have to learn to be champions, and IMO, we are not there yet.

I expect Tocchet and Foote, will and are working towards that goal, but it also has to come from with in the players as well

Hey, the first half of the season spoiled us.......lets see what the boys can do

PS............Lindholm better wake up! We paid too much for him to watch the game!

• Cheers 4