[PGT] Capitals at Canucks

Crazy how many people saying we’re losing because Joshua is injured. Last time I checked he plays on the third line. If our wins are relying on Joshua then we are screwed. Last time I checked this team had 5 All stars not named Joshua or Demko. Sure doesn’t seem like it sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

sad chris crocker GIF

This thread feels a lot like this Leave Britney Alone video. The boys had a dog shit game and they don't need any of us apologizing for them. 

I hope they give their balls a tug and stop taking these teams lightly. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I think when you take some guys who bring constant energy out, it falls a little flat.

Juulsen brings it.

I thought we could've used him out there.

I also can't wait for Joshua to get back.

We're better with those kind of guys on the ice. Ones who give it their all every shift.

Juulsen and Bains. Why is Bains not in over PDG? I like PDG but he's brought zero energy lately.

This team needs forechecking. Put Podkolzin and Bains together.

Bains can also slot in on the powerplay. He's by far the most dynamic puck mover in Abby on their powerplay. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Crazy how many people saying we’re losing because Joshua is injured. Last time I checked he plays on the third line. If our wins are relying on Joshua then we are screwed. Last time I checked this team had 5 All stars not named Joshua or Demko. Sure doesn’t seem like it sometimes.

To be fair for majority of the season they played better than any second line we've had the whole season. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

How is it down the drain?

No one cares where you finish in the standings unless you manage to play yourself out of post season. I doubt that happens but, if it does, sure.

Bragging rights don't come with President's Trophies....a lesson we all should have learned by now. 

Lastly, I'm glad to hear Tocchet got an apology from the linesman that blew the offside. Not that it helps now, but it's showing some accountability and that's refreshing.

I certainly agree the Presidents Trophy Banner is pretty well usless and nothing more than a dust collector up on the rafters but the loss in the positioning in the standings, is for home ice advantage, which is certainly worth fighting for mainly because of the line change advantage & of course fan support, so I don't agree with your first statement necessarily - about no one caring about where they finish.   

If they can maintain at least home ice advantage thru the western finals - I'l be very happy because I'll be surprised if we get out of the west and go all the way to the SC finals, so losing first overall and the bad luck the president trophy seems to bring is 100% OK with me - but not losing Western Conf home ice because we should hopefully make it at least to the 2nd round if they can manage to get the train back on the tracks.

....and yes, glad to hear about that apology.  First I hear of that but too little - too late - as you said!

Edited by RU SERIOUS
typo

Dog shit game? C'mon people! The 'Nucks played a decent first period, fell apart during the second, and played one of the best periods of hockey I've seen in quite a while in the third. The Caps were strong defensively though, and got sticks in the way of 'Nucks' shots. They won't win every game.

• Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

To be fair for majority of the season they played better than any second line we've had the whole season. 

That is true and though I don't think it's DJ, per day, its the sum of the parts that makes them great.  Having that line working is critical, imo.  I just hope they can rekindle.

I remember all the people praising DJ's fight and how it was necessary.  How do they feel about it now that's been out long term and it's completely derailed the team.  If that line can't re-lit, that could be the turning point of the season 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

Look at the Flames though. Won 2 games in a row. Now that’s a team, amirite 

Cmon, it's been pretty bad for 20 games no matter how you sugar coat it.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

If I was a betting man and I had to bet the house on who we could depend on to save the day out of those 5 All stars and pull a rabbit out of the hat late in a game thru hard effort, I'd only say JT,  EP (in better days) and maybe QH in a supporting role (assist).  BB6 is an opportunistic shooter and is completely unable to drive a play on his own and Lind-🏚️ is borderline useless and why PA/JR were trying to unload him at TDL - after their botched trade for him.  Hopefully Joshua returns soon and can at least get some back-end scoring going again - that would be nice!

5 minutes ago, robr1can2 said:

Dog shit game? C'mon people! The 'Nucks played a decent first period, fell apart during the second, and played one of the best periods of hockey I've seen in quite a while in the third. The Caps were strong defensively though, and got sticks in the way of 'Nucks' shots. They won't win every game.

Do you watch any other teams?I thought the Caps were mediocre at best and the Canucks were far from dominant. Top two lines had 8 shots on goal while trailing most of the game. Everything was to the point and a soft wrister through traffic. Defensively they just collapsed and gave Washington way too much time and space. 

• Like 1

Just now, Devron said:

Nope I’m just not a whiner. It’s been an incredible season 

It has been and I've been preaching to just being happy with it.  That doesn't mean I want to see them playing poorly, especially going into the post season.  I want to do as well as they can and that means going in with all cylinders pumping.  Playing this way, it's probably a 5-6 game 1st round exit

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

It has been and I've been preaching to just being happy with it.  That doesn't mean I want to see them playing poorly, especially going into the post season.  I want to do as well as they can and that means going in with all cylinders pumping.  Playing this way, it's probably a 5-6 game 1st round exit

Yeah but I dont care at all because it’s not playoffs. And I’m not expecting them to win the cup. It takes years of playoff experience to do that 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

If I was a betting man and I had to bet the house on who we could depend on to save the day out of those 5 All stars and pull a rabbit out of the hat late in a game thru hard effort, I'd only say JT,  EP (in better days) and maybe QH in a supporting role (assist).  BB6 is an opportunistic shooter and is completely unable to drive a play on his own and Lind-🏚️ is borderline useless and why PA/JR were trying to unload him at TDL - after their botched trade for him.  Hopefully Joshua returns soon and can at least get some back-end scoring going again - that would be nice!

Hopefully Alvin doesn’t pull any Swedish favours but we should not re-sign Lindholm if this is what we’re getting. If we do sign him it should be for no more than 5M. He is definitely not playing like a 7/8M guy.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Very well said and a certainty!

1 minute ago, Dom said:

We needed a guy like Toffoli so badly, wonder if management is kicking themselves in the ass for doing nothing. 

Given the prices, I don't think so.  

19 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Hopefully Alvin doesn’t pull any Swedish favours but we should not re-sign Lindholm if this is what we’re getting. If we do sign him it should be for no more than 5M. He is definitely not playing like a 7/8M guy.

Interesting question but I certainly don't think paying $5-$6M for a "faceoff guy" is good value and I doubt PA/JR thinks so either and why they tried to dump him at TDL.    I'd be more inclined to let him walk and chalk it up as another bad MIK type trade and move on.   

I would have kept KUZ, our 1st round pick, 4th round pick, and two good defensive prospects in a heartbeat over him - even though Kuz did not backcheck to Tock-it's expectations. Our PP looks anemic since KUZ left.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Correction.  It's 6 wins.  And that 6 wins is if literally all the other competing teams win all their games.  So if Minnesota wins out the season with 14 straight victories, and if all the other playoff teams win as many games as possible, only THEN would we need to win six.

Don't talk to me about math when you have no idea how to use probability.  Do YOU know what our current probability is of making the playoffs?  Do you or do you not know?

It's not 100% as the poster I was responding to claimed.