[PGT] Capitals at Canucks

1 hour ago, CanuckMan said:

Crazy how many people saying we’re losing because Joshua is injured. Last time I checked he plays on the third line. If our wins are relying on Joshua then we are screwed. Last time I checked this team had 5 All stars not named Joshua or Demko. Sure doesn’t seem like it sometimes.

We definitely need him back. Especially as a spark to get that chemistry back, weaponize that line, but to say he's a savior is ridiculous. 

We need our stars to be stars and put the puck in the net. 

Speaking only for myself, I think this bump in the road is a concern. Not the time to be putting in half hearted efforts. They can have tendencey 

to stick around. This team has fought tooth and nail to get where they are. Don't back off now! The consequences could negatively influenced

for the show. 

speed-up-must-go-faster-myetkxdy2czde6nv

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Speaking only for myself, I think this bump in the road is a concern. Not the time to be putting in half hearted efforts. They can have tendencey 

to stick around. This team has fought tooth and nail to get where they are. Don't back off now! The consequences could negatively influenced

for the show. 

maybe we need to try putting Petey with Podz and Joshua. Petey is getting mobbed and has no space to work. Lets put him with two bigger players and see what shakes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

maybe we need to try putting Petey with Podz and Joshua. Petey is getting mobbed and has no space to work. Lets put him with two bigger players and see what shakes. 

Just get Suter away from Petey. Not sure those two have ever shown an ounce of chemistry but Tocchet will not deviate for some reason. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

for the show. 

Agreed. It’s not so much that a slump is happening, but when it’s happening. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Cheers Deb, I'm off to my 4th U11 game of the weekend. 

20 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Turn Up Dancing GIF by Rosanna Pansino

19 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Sorry I was mean to the team who will never ever in a million fucking years read this forum or give a single shit. Next time I'll bring the participation medals for y'all. 

7 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

He also talked repeatedly about coasting and not moving their feet. Touched on guys not getting in front of the net for the point shots. It was a terrible effort all around. He looks a little lost right now to be honest. This isn't the same team as the first half.

1 minute ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Just get Suter away from Petey. Not sure those two have ever shown an ounce of chemistry but Tocchet will not deviate for some reason. 

Suter was not in synch (at all) last night.

Also...aren't you gonna be late? LOL

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Seeing of Joshua can prop up EP is a good idea. Even Pod might be a good choice here. I like it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Agreed. It’s not so much that a slump is happening, but when it’s happening. 

Better now than a month from now.

They can hopefully get things figured out. And see that it's not going to be easy....the grind starts now. Better buckle up and be ready.

I'm glad it's at this point because they're getting a taste of how quickly it can slip away. Do or die stuff coming up. Better get mentally engaged in this fight now because it only gets tougher.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Suter is a skilled responsible player, but he's 'lil and doesn't provide any cover for Petey. Petey needs some big boppers with him, as Alf likes to say. 

So since we didn't trade for any, thats why I'm thinking try Podz-Petey-Joshua. Both Podz and Joshua can carry the puck in, drive the net, etc. and both have enough skill to get the puck to an open Petey. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Kanagan said:

Seeing of Joshua can prop up EP is a good idea. Even Pod might be a good choice here. I like it.

why not try it? particularly during this home stand, its the right time to experiment. Petey is being crowded out of space to work. 

1 hour ago, CanuckMan said:

Crazy how many people saying we’re losing because Joshua is injured. Last time I checked he plays on the third line. If our wins are relying on Joshua then we are screwed. Last time I checked this team had 5 All stars not named Joshua or Demko. Sure doesn’t seem like it sometimes.

The third line was scoring and impacting games with their forecheck and physical play. In games where the first line wasn't scoring they picking up the slack. Do you remember how many fans were saying do not break up the Joshua line, because it was the one line that consistently brought the energy, the hard forechecking, and also some goals.

We haven't played the same without him on that line. We're not relying on Joshua to win games, but that line together did win us games in many ways including taking pressure off the Miller line.

Just like having Soucy back has made a big difference. Just like having Myers back and sitting Joulson made a difference last night.

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan

It's pretty clear we need guys to get going offensively. No one was going last night. The grind is only going to get harder.

Also, they're not playing well in front of DeSmith. Less confident without Demko. That's between the ears and fixable. 

All of this, though, doesn't mean they won't get going. It just needs to be sooner than later.

• Cheers 1

I've said it all year (2024) the team is playing down to other teams that are in the hunt and they will be a one and done in the playoffs if they don't get it together.

All the "supposed" contenders are all peaking right now and it looks like the Canucks peaked back in the first week or two of January.  Lindholm is MIA, Petey is MIA, Suter?  I mean....

Our MVP is JT Hughes or Quinn Miller because everyone else not named Hronek or Hoggy seems to have mailed in that compete level

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Better now than a month from now.

They can hopefully get things figured out. And see that it's not going to be easy....the grind starts now. Better buckle up and be ready.

I'm glad it's at this point because they're getting a taste of how quickly it can slip away. Do or die stuff coming up. Better get mentally engaged in this fight now because it only gets tougher.

Not really.

Now is when this team needs to be playing like they were in the first half of the season.

That killer instinct they had needs to show up again because now is when the team needs to build momentum as they approach the playoffs, so that they’re firing on all cylinders rather than still working out the kinks. 

The biggest deficiency on this team right now just signed an 8 year extension. He needs to make things happen. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt

21 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

He also talked repeatedly about coasting and not moving their feet. Touched on guys not getting in front of the net for the point shots. It was a terrible effort all around. He looks a little lost right now to be honest. This isn't the same team as the first half.

Not to nitpick, but he never used the word coasting. Cruising...which, for me, is slightly different but that's neither here nor there. 

Anyhow, the reason I quoted the clip is I thought the same thing last night when I saw their guy going off hurt after blocking a shot. GO FOR THE JUGULAR but they didn't react with urgency despite clearly having a momentary advantage there.

I screamed at my TV at that point and I'm kind of happy to hear that someone else saw it too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not really.

Now is when this team needs to be playing like they were in the first half of the season.

That killer instinct they had needs to show up again because now is when the team needs to build momentum as they approach the playoffs, so that they’re firing on all cylinders rather than still working out the kinks. 

The biggest deficiency on this team right now just signed an 8 year extension. He needs to make things happen. 

Not really.

It's hard to sustain that and they're a little off right now. No team's just blasting through all season...ebbs and flows. I mean, people are high on the Oilers. Now.

There's plenty of time to pick it back up and not hit the panic button.

Seeing how bad our power play is right now.. remember last year when a lot were saying we can put anyone in the bumper slot and they have as much if not more success than Horvat? Gotta appreciate how effective he was in the bumper role. 

• Cheers 2

What is also a concern is the fact that Tochett is starting to say he doesn’t really know what to do to get them going. This puts the onus on the players and maybe the reality is that our core doesn’t have the ability to face adversity. Miller yes, but I am not so sure about Petey, Boeser and to some extent Hughes. Although I still think he is pretty effective. Lindholm I just don’t see a star there. Basically we have four players who can be difference makers if they figure things out. The core just seems to be mentally fragile. 
Another issue and Tochett keeps bringing it up is size. We just don’t have the players to get on the inside to score. That is a big issue especially in the playoffs. Teams will let you shoot from the outside all day. Nothing can be done now the team is what it is but there are issues they need to address in the off season.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

5 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

If a no name third liner has to prop up an 11.6 million dollar player we have some real long term problems.  Why does every one have to prop up petey.  Do you think McKinnon would be lost and invisible playing with suter.  Why does no one see this...

If mackinnon isn’t playing with rantanen and playing with suter instead I’m willing to bet hes prolly in the 80-90 point range right now. There’s a reason why rantanen is being paid 9+ mil vs what suter gets paid. Like some of you are comparing ep to mackinnon all day. So why are we not comparing how much mackinnon line is being paid vs how much ep line is being paid? Mackinnon line without makar just the forward cost 27million. Ep line right now cost 10mil this year? 14mil next year? 

• Thanks 1

I'll keep saying anyone who thought this team was going to play at a 60+ win pace the entire season is fooling themselves and just looking for something to bitch and moan about. Quite a few people are forgetting where we were at this time last year. 

• Cheers 1