[PGT] Capitals at Canucks

10 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

And the Caps were a desperate team last night. We can't be complacent. We lacked desperation in the 2nd. Played with it in the final ten minutes.

I wonder where is the late season drive the team had the previous 2 seasons?

5 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I wonder where is the late season drive the team had the previous 2 seasons?

I think they used it to start the season. Much better position to be in than scrambling to get into the playoffs now. I'm confident they will pull out of this slump.

I want us to win every game but i know it won't happen.  We've almost got our postseason ticket, just need a few more points and we're set.

I love that we're the underdogs. We haven't been viewed as favourites except for about a week and then it fell away. I'm not seeing anyone pick us in the west.

That's what we want to be. Let the media and boo-birds highlight the bad things, talk about the other team's superstars while we shut up and gear up. Yes we have things to fix, but a rested Joshua and a rested Demko are the kind of things that bite experts in the ass.

I want to see some tweaks, i care little about standings. In the end, combinations, structure and underdog grit are what champions are made of and i think this team has it. 

I don't know the future but you know I believed in a team once that had a 52-year drought. They were on the verge of elimination too but we travelled the 90 mins there to cheer them on and a few weeks later I was cheering them on in the final where they beat the more fancied team in all aspects. I'd love nothing more than this underdog team to win, so i'm not going to give up on them as i'm quietly confident we can win it all. 

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

We've lost 18 games all season, and 8 OTL losses. Do you think Colorado and Carolina is panicking because they've lost 20 games?

Worry if play Montreal, Buffalo, and Calgary and we get spanked by all three.

I'm getting pretty tired of people using what the team did in October as an excuse for what they're doing now...

It's our amazing early start that has us 3rd if GF and 2nd in the league... but that has nothing to do with what' were seeing on the ice since the All Star break.

If we play like we did last night we will get spanked by just about any team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dom said:

We are 8 pts ahead of the Oilers. I hate to say it, but they're going to take the division and we will lose to the Kings in 6 or 7. 

Remember, the Oilers fell flat on their faces for a long period too. So don't count your Mcchickens before they hatch.

They are

We will

Amazing

5 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I'm getting pretty tired of people using what the team did in October as an excuse for what they're doing now...

It's our amazing early start that has us 3rd if GF and 2nd in the league... but that has nothing to do with what' were seeing on the ice since the All Star break.

What about what they did last week?

Or do games have to be perfectly executed wins for them to count in your world? Pretty unrealistic, but sure.

I'm getting pretty tired of people ignoring what they DO do to focus ONLY on what they don't.

• Cheers 3

I guess it is a good thing the fans are bitchy when the club is 5-3-2 in our last ten games and we are calling that out as not good enough. Maybe? hehehe. This isn't likely our year, if you recall back in time most pundits had the Canucks breakout season pencilled in for 24-25 or 25-26. We are a year ahead of schedule and 3 points out of Top of the League. 

Having lived through the 80s canucks and the 90's canucks, i was pretty happy with last night. Leaving the thread now. cheers all.'

• Cheers 3

23 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

That’s a big if….

they have played well ALL season. 4 games being the longest losing streak.

We are currently 4th overall in GF.

They are 9-7-3 since the ASB. Not great or as good as they really are, but not as horrible as some seem to say.

Yes on the last point.

9 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

That’s a big if….

They are 9-7-3 since the ASB. Not great or as good as they really are, but not as horrible as some seem to say.

Yes on the last point.

You'd think we are dropping out of a wildcard race by the level of doom here. 

Im glad we aren't going into the playoffs as a flawless regular season team. That's a curse. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

That’s a big if….

Yes on the last point.

It's still concerning that the team had lost some games since the all star break when they had a multi goal lead. It's concerning if old habits are starting to creep in. 

Like I said I think their performance and record March/April will give us an idea what this core is made of. 

I'm expecting a 0.650 point percentage as this is the mean the previous two seasons.

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

And the Caps were a desperate team last night. We can't be complacent. We lacked desperation in the 2nd. Played with it in the final ten minutes.

I agree played with desperation in the final minutes but the caps went into protect the lead mode. Easier when the opposition aren’t trying to counter as hard to go all in. Needed push all game , came up short again. Petey needs to stay on his feet, that’s getting hard to watch as time goes on.

Edited by dannydog

46 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I guess it is a good thing the fans are bitchy when the club is 5-3-2 in our last ten games and we are calling that out as not good enough. Maybe? hehehe. This isn't likely our year, if you recall back in time most pundits had the Canucks breakout season pencilled in for 24-25 or 25-26. We are a year ahead of schedule and 3 points out of Top of the League. 

Having lived through the 80s canucks and the 90's canucks, i was pretty happy with last night. Leaving the thread now. cheers all.'

I hope we win it all but expecting to is laughable. We have to pay our dues now that we are a playoff team. It’s gonna be some trial and sadness before we can finally lift the cup with this team. No one just makes the playoffs once in years and wins it. This core needs valuable playoff experience whether it’s one or two round. Again, we cheer until the end. We hope to win it all. Expecting to is not what this fan base should do, it would be a miracle run.

Cups are won after years of playoff experience. Maybe it’s 2 or 3 years. Until then we enjoy the ride 

• MillerTime 1

The key takeaway from last night's game is that it was St Patty's weekend's game. And lots of U2 among other Irish music was played but Where The Streets Have No Name was not. 
They've also been hinting at U2 with Still Haven't Found What Im Looking for as the first version of the pre-ice video's song although that has changed as the season went on. 

The best intro in the NHL is so back. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Mistakes happen, i just don't think myers is best for our structure. Our best lineup is without him, but injuries happen.

Not even remotely.

5 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Interesting question but I certainly don't think paying $5-$6M for a "faceoff guy" is good value and I doubt PA/JR thinks so either and why they tried to dump him at TDL.    I'd be more inclined to let him walk and chalk it up as another bad MIK type trade and move on.   

I would have kept KUZ, our 1st round pick, 4th round pick, and two good defensive prospects in a heartbeat over him - even though Kuz did not backcheck to Tock-it's expectations. Our PP looks anemic since KUZ left.

If we could move Mikheyev out I’d rather have Lindholm at 5M instead of Mikheyev at almost 5M. Rather have the depth at center with no real prospects in the pipe line other than Raty. We have a lot of wingers that might make the push so Mikheyev is expendable if only someone wanted him.

• Like 2