[PGT] Capitals at Canucks

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I get that the Caps are fighting for their playoff lives but I figured we'd crush them

They're a team we probably should have beat

Maybe they are saving up their energy for playoffs without risking more key injuries. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Ribs pinned and featured this topic
Just now, OldFaithfulcap said:

It was ugly, practice, practice and get back to the simple hard game. This is where the homestand can help. Maybe shexy silovs time vs buffs

The pp needs to wake up. It’s losing us games. Petey is also losing us games. What’s happened to him this year?

Caps were in playoff mode

Nux were in preseason mode

Played good first 10 mins then faded

70 attempted shots by Nux but over 50% blocked

Not good enough.  At this time in the past season, every game is tough.  Nux just didn't bring it until it was too late.  

DeSmith hasn't won since Demko went down. 0-1-1. Not his fault for the L.  But he isn't Demko either.   Gotta play better and give him some confidence too.  He's the starter for remainder of the month. 

Need to sit a few guys next game. 

PSG, Cole.  

Avs and Oils in OT.  Another 3 pt game 

• Cheers 2

Just now, -dlc- said:

Edmonton loses.

My kid is somehow an Edmonton fan… so he made us watch the OT, I was impressed with the battles between mackinnon and Mcdavid, pretty fun to watch that caliber of players go head to head when you’re not really invested in either side. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Edmonton loses.

But another 3 pt game. 

Nux need to keep the pt streak going.  Manage your losses even when they don't have it.  

Lot of games left.  Need a W next game. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Northern_Nuck said:

My kid is somehow an Edmonton fan… so he made us watch the OT, I was impressed with the battles between mackinnon and Mcdavid, pretty fun to watch that caliber of players go head to head when you’re not really invested in either side. 

Ya, it’s sad we can’t even expect that anymore from Petey.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

It was ugly, practice, practice and get back to the simple hard game. This is where the homestand can help. Maybe shexy silovs time vs buffs

Thing is we were playing simple hard game up until later 2nd period vs the Avs. We gotta get back to how we played prior to that moment 

This team is playing with 0 urgency in their game. It’s like they know they will make the playoff and just coasting their way. I dunno who’s in charge of offensive plays.. just f king throw everything on goal.. stop looking for the perfect pass perfect shot.. no wonder their shooting % is so high.. they refuse to shoot unless it’s a perfect chance -.-

• Vintage 1