[PGT] Capitals at Canucks

12 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Not reading past this part.

You just nailed it right here. Thanks.

So let me see...criticizing the team is ok.

Criticizing the refs when they blow it (and even apologize to our coach for that) is not.

Gotcha. I'll keep doing me, thanks. FTR, I said they haven't played well and are in a funk. Guess you missed that part.

Yeah, I get that refs can blow calls and can especially dictate the outcome of the game if they call/miss something right at the end of a game... but every single game we lose?  Every time?  Have you watched Trailer Park Boys?  You're JRoc.  It's almost like you have to stay in character and blame the loss on officiating/diving.

Yes, that icing call really fucking sucked.  They blew it.  But that's part of the game.  That's hockey.  I feel as if you love the team... but hate the sport.  Alf has that exact same perspective - everyone that isn't Vancouver sucks.

Edited by Miss Korea
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

So apparently mackinnon didn't embellish and Di Guiseppe didn't beat out the icing. Is that the "I am so a fan" narrative. Those changed the momentum of the games. Sure the guys should have responded better, but that doesn't negate the fact that bad calls affected the flow of the games. Why should we not discuss that. It's like the die-hard fans being told how to be fans by media clowns who know a lot of facts about hockey but don't seem to be actual fans. I still believe that guys like dunce and suck-hair-ass and lice come on here not to mention toronto edmonton and calgary media people.

We're almost guaranteed a Playoff berth while other teams are trying to make it or just knock us off the top. Most of the guys haven't been in that position. I'm still confident that Tocchet and co. will have them ready for the Playoffs.

• Cheers 4

7 hours ago, Warhippy said:

All the "supposed" contenders are all peaking right now and it looks like the Canucks peaked back in the first week or two of January.  Lindholm is MIA, Petey is MIA, Suter?  I mean....

Boston first in the league but not a contender?  9W + 11 L last 20.

Canucks 10W + 10L.

• Cheers 4

Team needs to dig deep and find a way to come together down the stretch. They're not far from that momentum after beatng the Kings, Vegas, and Jets. They also need to be more confidence playing in front of DeSmith.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

If we could move Mikheyev out I’d rather have Lindholm at 5M instead of Mikheyev at almost 5M. Rather have the depth at center with no real prospects in the pipe line other than Raty. We have a lot of wingers that might make the push so Mikheyev is expendable if only someone wanted him.

We need to dump that useless Mik salary ASAP

8 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Speaking only for myself, I think this bump in the road is a concern. Not the time to be putting in half hearted efforts. They can have tendencey 

to stick around. This team has fought tooth and nail to get where they are. Don't back off now! The consequences could negatively influenced

for the show. 

speed-up-must-go-faster-myetkxdy2czde6nv

Also it is probably the absolute best time of the year to have this issue as well. Plenty of time to correct it, plenty of time to hone in and get ready for the playoffs. Much better we learn the lessons now than with 3 games to go in the season. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

I’d rather trade Mikheyev if we can get Lindholm at 5. The center depth would help because we will most likely lose Bluegar.

Any idea of trading Mikheyev is a good idea. 

• Cheers 1

The thing about folks complaining about reffing over and over is the context.  This is a fan forum.  The refs aren't reading it. Neither is Bettman.

The only people reading this are other Canuck fans.

So all you are accomplishing by endlessly, over and over every game, relentlessly, ridiculously complaining about the refs, is telling other fans to act the same way.

Personally I want a tough fan base that couldn't give a crap what the refs do.

I want a fan base that relentlessly supports the team and doesn't focus on being a victim or making excuses. I want a fan base that spends their time creating a culture among the fans that translates to the live experience at Rogers Arena that is supporting and motivational for the players. Not a whining fan base that is waiting to play the victim and whine about the refs.  Boo hoo.  Boo bloody Hoo!

Bah.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

We shouldn't have to make excuses OR apologize for a team losing every now and then. That's what's hilarious...that people pull out the pitchforks and scream about the team at the first signs of any struggles.

Then we learn they're not even really a fan of this team so much because they love all the teams.

What IS hilarious to me is people who profess their loyalty and longstanding devotion to the team but name off all their other favourites too. And feel that they have all the answers when, really, none of us do. The team doesn't even so how could you?

I love hockey too but this is my team and there's nothing lesser in doing it that way.

Some just switch out when the going gets tough, jump ship. A few here wrote us off from the get go....then floundered around when the team was hot and now they're backing the Oilers and whoever else they "think" will win it all. One team, that's it. Not as easy as some here think it is.

I've been a fan of this team and only this team for a long time. And I do it the way I want without feeling the need to make excuses or apologize to anyone. Don't care. But I come here for enjoyment and the negativity is suffocating after a loss. Every freakin loss. We know already.

Especially people who try to tell me what this team is when this team is one of their many side projects. Covering all the bases.

I live and die, win and lose by one team. There's no shame in that.

You make a lot of assumptions. 

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Yeah, I get that refs can blow calls and can especially dictate the outcome of the game if they call/miss something right at the end of a game... but every single game we lose?  Every time?  Have you watched Trailer Park Boys?  You're JRoc.  It's almost like you have to stay in character and blame the loss on officiating/diving.

Yes, that icing call really fucking sucked.  They blew it.  But that's part of the game.  That's hockey.  I feel as if you love the team... but hate the sport.  Alf has that exact same perspective - everyone that isn't Vancouver sucks.

Now you are finally making sense….

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

The thing about folks complaining about reffing over and over is the context.  This is a fan forum.  The refs aren't reading it. Neither is Bettman.

So all you are accomplishing by endlessly, over and over every game, relentlessly, ridiculously complaining about the refs, is telling other fans to act the same way.

I want a fan base that relentlessly supports the team and doesn't focus on being a victim or making excuses. I want a fan base that spends their time creating a culture among the fans that translates to the live experience at Rogers Arena that is supporting and motivational for the players. Not a whining fan base that is waiting to play the victim and whine about the refs.  Boo hoo.  Boo bloody Hoo!

Bah.

Angry I Want GIF by Pudgy Penguins
Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Bah.

I get complaining about calls, but they are a fact of the game. I'm less tolerant when it becomes woven into a conspiracy theory about a secret cabal working against the Canucks.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 2

Just now, CanuckDownUnder said:

I get complaining about calls, but they are a fact of the game. I'm less tolerant when it becomes woven into a conspiracy theory about a secret cabal working against the Canucks.

To me, that just makes someone come off as completely uneducated about hockey

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

To me, that just makes someone come off as completely uneducated about hockey

4 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

There is no conspiracy. There are bad calls and fans of every team in every city will complain when the call doesn’t go in favour of their team.

it doesn’t bother me when fans do that or even when they suggest a conspiracy. But I also think too many people get their panties in a knot when fans do.

This a fan site so it should be expected. Just as it should be expected that certain people will be labeled trolls or haters.

If none of this happened and we were all very civil and kept our emotions in check, what fun would that be?
GCG!

• Cheers 3

8 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

Petey continues to stick handle because his line mates are not open. He's trying to create time enough for that but his line mate(s) don't have as high of a hockey IQ as him.

He's still getting stronger and better. Whining about an 8 year contract based on the last stretch of games seems like more media scum garbage.

I don't buy it.  Miller seems to be able to figure it out with Boeser and mick.  Blueger can manage it with Joshua and Garland.  Petey can't seem to carry anybody.  But you're right in a way...I've seen him wind up the wing and slap a top shelf beauty before.  Just not happening for him.  As a 6 year player and now signs the big payday he has to perform....bottom line.

Edited by ronning4center

11 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

There is no conspiracy. There are bad calls and fans of every team in every city will complain when the call doesn’t go in favour of their team.

it doesn’t bother me when fans do that or even when they suggest a conspiracy. But I also think too many people get their panties in a knot when fans do.

This a fan site so it should be expected. Just as it should be expected that certain people will be labeled trolls or haters.

If none of this happened and we were all very civil and kept our emotions in check, what fun would that be?
GCG!

There is a general lack of accountability in NHL officiating that has led to the overall standard of performance taking an absolute nosedive. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, Gurn said:

Miller is the highest paid player

Hughes is the second

then Petey.

Lol bro....you know what I mean.  But thank you for glaringly obvious correction.  Anything else of substance to justify peteys lack of game changing effort of late?

12 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

GCG!

That's fair. I pretty much ignore the threads that get too deep into it. If someone wants to rant, go for it, just don't expect everyone else to come along for the ride.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

There is a general lack of accountability in NHL officiating that has led to the overall standard of performance taking an absolute nosedive. 

I get why the NHL doesn't air its dirty laundry with officials that make blatant errors, especially ones that impact the outcome of a game. But they could be more transparent as to how they manage the officials generally.

• Vintage 3

5 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

I get why the NHL doesn't air its dirty laundry with officials that make blatant errors, especially ones that impact the outcome of a game. But they could be more transparent as to how they manage the officials generally.

True. Give the teams an independent review process for calls that unmistakably affect the outcome of a game. The issue with the present situation is that chronically bad officials have zero accountability that holds them to a standard. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1