[PGT] Capitals at Canucks

4 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Sorry, this is just more conspiracy crap. 
NHL officials have extensive review and accountability. 
They are also the best in the world by far, don’t believe try watching any game that isn’t NHL. 

Can you you please explain the extensive review and accountability.

The best in the world is subjective/your opinion. I watch lots of sports and I don't agree.

Calling some backlash "conspiracy crap" is an attempt to avoid the discussion. It's ok to not love everything a group does without it being a conspiracy.

Ask Torts who is not connected with the team (any more) how he feels about the refs. There's some discontent out there...refs aren't perfect even though some worship them like they are.  And it's perfectly ok to discuss it...it's how change comes about. By people raising issues rather than ignoring them. 

I don't hold out hope that change will happen in the league...but it's time for refs to not be scorekeepers.

Many groups have review boards...they can be a waste of time.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Pears said:

This will be the second post I come to laughing at after we clinch a playoff spot next Saturday. 

No doubt, does anyone give a shit about the presidents trophy anyway?

home ice advantage from winning our division is plenty

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

The other thing worth mentioning is...no team just kills it all year. 

Excuses aren't even necessary if everyone accepts that for what it is....that teams have hot streaks, crappy games and slumps, etc. How they do overall matters...if they rebound and don't stay stuck. But some charge in here after a loss to tell us why that loss tells us everything about our team.

There are some here now pumping the Oilers tires like they're awesome. Remember a few months ago when they weren't? I do. 

Use that as your guide. Teams that are "down" may not stay down. But no, around here it's an instant evaluation of our players and the team. Every loss, some chime in to tell us what's up with our team. Really? Pace yourselves. 

Go back to when y'all thought Miller was trash. Learn from your mistakes.

It ain't over till it's over but some write us off at the first signs of struggle. We may crash and burn....any team could. But we may not.

And then I hear "uneducated" fans. Give me a break. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

The other thing worth mentioning is...no team just kills it all year. 

Excuses aren't even necessary if everyone accepts that for what it is....that teams have hot streaks, crappy games and slumps, etc. How they do overall matters...if they rebound and don't stay stuck. But some charge in here after a loss to tell us why that loss tells us everything about our team.

There are some here now pumping the Oilers tires like they're awesome. Remember a few months ago when they weren't? I do. 

Use that as your guide. Teams that are "down" may not stay down. But no, around here it's an instant evaluation of our players and the team. Every loss, some chime in to tell us what's up with our team. Really? Pace yourselves. 

Go back to when y'all thought Miller was trash. Learn from your mistakes.

It ain't over till it's over but some write us off at the first signs of struggle. We may crash and burn....any team could. But we may not.

And then I hear "uneducated" fans. Give me a break. 

100% Our guys are a great club and will play great in the coming playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Can you you please explain the extensive review and accountability.

The best in the world is subjective/your opinion. I watch lots of sports and I don't agree.

Calling some backlash "conspiracy crap" is an attempt to avoid the discussion. It's ok to not love everything a group does without it being a conspiracy.

Ask Torts who is not connected with the team (any more) how he feels about the refs. There's some discontent out there...refs aren't perfect even though some worship them like they are.  And it's perfectly ok to discuss it...it's how change comes about. By people raising issues rather than ignoring them. 

I don't hold out hope that change will happen in the league...but it's time for refs to not be scorekeepers.

Many groups have review boards...they can be a waste of time.

I do find some of what you say there ironic considering how much time you spend policing fandom here. 

Both head coaches submit a review of officiating after every single game, what they understood what they didn’t understand. Those are reviews by the league and every game undergoes a review and feedback is submitted to the officiating crew. 
They are also graded on each individual game. That consolidation of grading is used in assigning officials to playoff games,as things progress only the top ones remain. It is also used in job review. 

You could have looked that up in the extensive amount of time you have been arguing about this. 

Why ask what the review process is when your conclusion at the end is just saying “I am going to believe what I want to believe no matter what the process is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Nobody ever loses because of officiating or a bad call.  They lose because they didn't play well enough to win and sometimes that means not adjusting to the officiating

Unless the bad call happens late in a game.

12 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I do find some of what you say there ironic considering how much time you spend policing fandom here. 

Both head coaches submit a review of officiating after every single game, what they understood what they didn’t understand. Those are reviews by the league and every game undergoes a review and feedback is submitted to the officiating crew. 
They are also graded on each individual game. That consolidation of grading is used in assigning officials to playoff games,as things progress only the top ones remain. It is also used in job review. 

You could have looked that up in the extensive amount of time you have been arguing about this. 

Why ask what the review process is when your conclusion at the end is just saying “I am going to believe what I want to believe no matter what the process is. 

Yes, I expect that people here are fans of the team. And I do spend a lot of time here...but that's ok. Even my ex couldn't tell me where to spend my time.

And how much time do you spend policing me then, to know this? Kind of creepy that you keep track of me "extensively". Get on with it without this crap. 

LOL "reviewed by the league". That's where some of the problems may lie.

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Unless the bad call happens late in a game.

Or there are several throughout a game. 

Missed calls too...because they allow a team to get away with stuff. If you're going to call a one handed whiff on a glove, make sure you call a high stick too.

Just now, -dlc- said:

Or there are several throughout a game. 

Missed calls too...because they allow a team to get away with stuff. If you're going to call a one handed whiff on a glove, make sure you call a high stick too.

It's also the timing of when calls are loosened or tightened during a game depending on how it's managed.

Instead of insulting people I've asked @stawns to help explain how people should view it. Give people a framework to understand it better. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

It's also the timing of when calls are loosened or tightened during a game depending on how it's managed.

Instead of insulting people I've asked @stawns to help explain how people should view it. Give people a framework to understand it better. 

To educate us. Seems only right.

• ThereItIs 1

regarding the refs situations:

Each coach submits a 'rating' sheet to the league on the refs. Then the league aka Bettman, looks at them and shreds them. 

If teams are complaining about the refs 'managing' the games, favouring certain teams/players, than the refs are doing EXACTLY what they've been told to do.

It's if they are NOT complaining that he 'talks' to the refs. 

Close games keep fans interest right up to the final buzzer. 

Close points spreads in the standings keep fans watching until the end of the regular season. Then once the playoffs start the bias goes against the Canadian teams because B knows that the Canadian fans will watch no matter WHO is playing while the American fans lose interest FAST if their team is out. Plus he like to keep ONE Canadian team in the playoffs for at least 2-3 rounds so that the ....(sarcasm coming up) entire country will watch and cheer on that last Canadian team. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2024 at 9:52 PM, stawns said:

Millers worst game of the year, hands down 

He gets a pass. He’s the only forward consistently scoring and pulling his weight… sorry I mean the team’s weight.

21 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

He gets a pass. He’s the only forward consistently scoring and pulling his weight… sorry I mean the team’s weight.

Some here hone in on Miller's play (only on off nights) and overlook Myers.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

No doubt, does anyone give a shit about the presidents trophy anyway?

home ice advantage from winning our division is plenty

Playoffs are not in doubt

But the team could finish 8th to 10th overall if they keep experimenting with moving players all over the place. Only Boeser gets to play a limited role with Miller or Petey ALL the time.

39 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

You can forgive a bad game now and then, but no one gets a pass

At the end of the day, if Lindholm is going to succeed offensively it’s not going to be on the 3rd line. Need to get creative here. We have many options for lines and we need to start looking at different options now. Still some time before the playoffs.

In my opinion, either Boeser or Miller has to be on a line with Pettersson going into the playoffs.

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Miller

Hoglander - Lindholm - Boeser

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Boeser

Hoglander - Lindholm - Miller

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

39 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

It was noticeable back in November that all he needed was reps. Combine that with the coaching and IMHO Juulson is capable of playing 2RD. A lot of real nice stories on the Canucks this year. I rate Juuls and Joshua at the top. Hughes is right in there as well. 

yep, and in fact we'll likely need him to fill a 3rd pair role. I don't see us extending Myers, due to cap issues.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

You can forgive a bad game now and then, but no one gets a pass

Call it "forgiving a bad game" or a "pass"... but to me, it's the same thing.  Players can have a bad game now and then, so I'll give the guy a pass since he has clearly been the engine and consistency of this forward group this entire season.  I can't even remember the last time Miller had a "bad" game where he fumbled the puck as much as he did the other night.  He brings it game after game, all season long.  Even when he doesn't hit the scoresheet, he contributes with his faceoffs, his hits, his blocked shots, his forecheck, his leadership, etc.  Anyways, just don't think Miller deserves any flack because of one "bad" game.  Now... if he has TWO bad games though..... j/k lol

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

At the end of the day, if Lindholm is going to succeed offensively it’s not going to be on the 3rd line. Need to get creative here. We have many options for lines and we need to start looking at different options now. Still some time before the playoffs.

In my opinion, either Boeser or Miller has to be on a line with Pettersson going into the playoffs.

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Miller

Hoglander - Lindholm - Boeser

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Boeser

Hoglander - Lindholm - Miller

Yeah we need to find a way to get Lindholm going.  I really think Hoglander-Petey-Lindholm should be the way to go.  Let them work through it on the ice.  Giving them 1 or 2 games then splitting them up doesn't help at all.  Chemistry takes time to build sometimes.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, spook007 said:

To me Juulsens improvement has been the story of the season...

We all like to see an underdog come through, but I honestly never thought, he'd be more than a journey man (a 7th-8th d man at best)...

Maybe because we've been starved of proper D men, who could keep it simple, while destroying forwards with thundering hit... 

Juulsen together with Big Z will be massive in the outcome of 7 game series... as Will Soucy and Myers, but man can the two aforementioned players deliver.... 

Juulsen for unsung hero, probably followed by Joshua and Hogs

it will be Lindholm scoring the cup winning goal :classic_ninja:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1