[PGT] Capitals at Canucks

Hopefully Tocchet and co and do their magic this home stretch - put in some good practice time.  Such an awkward part of the season, even still. I honestly don’t care where we finish or who we play - theres no easy paths in the West

On the ice, I hope we start to click by the game April 6th against the kings.  

That gives us 2 weeks and 6 games to get ready for the playoffs - nice tune ups against the King, Vegas, Oilers and Jets those last 6 as well. 

Edit: okay, I kind of lied.  I don’t want to play Colorado in round 1. Other than that, it’s whatever.

Edited by The Duke

9 hours ago, Pears said:

This will be the second post I come to laughing at after we clinch a playoff spot next Saturday. 

Oh, we're definately going to get into the playoffs - no one is disputing that    The issue at hand is simply that we're falling down the standings quickly and it could end up sacrificing home ice in some - or all - the rounds depending how low we go, due to the anemic play by the team recently and yes I'll also be raising a glass too once we finally get into the playoffs!    Should be fun!

6 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Hopefully Tocchet and co and do their magic this home stretch - put in some good practice time.  Such an awkward part of the season, even still. I honestly don’t care where we finish or who we play - theres no easy paths in the West

On the ice, I hope we start to click by the game April 6th against the kings.  

That gives us 2 weeks and 6 games to get ready for the playoffs - nice tune ups against the King, Vegas, Oilers and Jets those last 6 as well. 

Edit: okay, I kind of lied.  I don’t want to play Colorado in round 1. Other than that, it’s whatever.

No worries. 

Avs vs Nux in conference finals.

Edited by Jaimito
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

We don't have exceptionally talented youngsters on ELCs just yet.  I don't think Willander will be ready next year.  Cole McWard?

I think we should just sign some old dude for 1 year, the same way we did for Ian Cole.  Chris Tanev?

Due to Benning making (some) really bad draft picks and trading away many others - along with disposing many prospects we had,   he left the cupbords empty by the time he finally got fired for incompetance and mental regression.   More recently JR and PA have managed to get a couple of talented prospects back into the pool but it takes 5-6 years for those kids to come into their own and make an impact at the NHL level.   

The troublesome part is that JR has already traded away 7 draft picks this year and the next couple - doing exactly what Benning did - and right after he came in here stating that "he would not trade away draft picks" - which is worrying to see the trend continue.     

On the positive side and to be fair a couple of those draft picks he gave away have paid off, but a few have not and it will be hard to replenish the prospect pool with talent when you don't have high draft icks like this year where we have already thrown away our 1st, 2nd. 3rd-or-4th and 5th.   This will come back to haunt us down the road and the next management group and our team.

Edited by RU SERIOUS

10 minutes ago, Pears said:

That's definitely fair value. I highly doubt he'll ask for more than what Hughes is making. 

Absolutely fair. Especially knowing Hughes's next contract will be huge. Will eventually balance out in value.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Due to Benning making (some) really bad draft picks and trading away many others along with disposing many prospects we had,   he left the cupbords empty by the time he finally got fired for incompetance and mental regression.   JR and PA have managed to get a couple of talented prospects back in the pool but it takes 5-6 years for those kids to come into their own and make an impact at the NHL level.   

The worst part is that JR has already traded away 7 draft picks this year and the next couple - doing exactly what Benning did and right after he came in here stating "he would not trade away draft picks" - which is worrying to see the trend continue.     

On the positive side and to be fair a couple of those draft picks he gave away have paid off, but a few have not and it will be hard to replenish the prospect pool with talent when you don't have high draft icks like this year where we have alradey thrown away our 1st, 2nd. 3rd-or- 4th and 5th.   This will come back down the road to haunt the next management group, our team and us.

That's fine - at least it looks like JR/PA are managing the team with a purpose.  That's the reputation of Trader Jim - if there is a trade to be made, you can bet your ass Rutherford will make it happen.  Ask any Pens/Canes fan if they were happy with JR - they'll say yes.  Now, he left both franchises in a mess of his own making (he once gave up a first round pick for Ryan Reaves), but this management regime has showed a willingness to improve the team.  You cannot say that about Jim Benning.

I think you are being too critical about a team that has overall exceeded anyone's expectations this year.  If we didn't give up that 1st round pick for Lindholm... we would've given it up for someone else.

Just now, Joshua.Guy said:

I'm happy Pettersson is free of Suter. They don't work well together at all. 

I don't understand why they are using Suter as a winger. 

Hoglander-Lindholm-EP40

Podz-Miller-Boeser

Mik-Blueger-Garland

Aman/PDG-Suter-Lafferty

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Dom said:

I don't understand why they are using Suter as a winger. 

Hoglander-Lindholm-EP40

Podz-Miller-Boeser

Mik-Blueger-Garland

Aman/PDG-Suter-Lafferty

I like that a lot more than the practice lines. Surer should be playing C to make us strong down the middle. Plus he doesn’t contribute much in the top 6. 

• Cheers 1