[PGT] Capitals at Canucks

Just now, Jaimito said:

Caps were in playoff mode.   Nux were in preseason mode

Played good first 10 mins then faded

Yep, another 10  minute effort.    Brings back memories of the good 'ol days of the last 8 years..........

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Yep, another 10  minute effort.    Brings back memories of the good 'ol days of the last 8 years..........

Bold does not make your statements more real.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

It was ugly, practice, practice and get back to the simple hard game. This is where the homestand can help. Maybe shexy silovs time vs buffs

Maybe too much practising and players are getting irritated.. toccjet said we need practice but since our schedule gotten easier and less games we are sucking. Maybe so many days off are hurting out momentum. 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Millers worst game of the year, hands down 

Agreed but he gets a pass.

hes been driving the bus all year. 

We flat out sucked tonight.

I’m confident we’ll get rolling again. Only a few games ago we swept Cali and Vegas 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

This team is playing with 0 urgency in their game. It’s like they know they will make the playoff and just coasting their way. I dunno who’s in charge of offensive plays.. just f king throw everything on goal.. stop looking for the perfect pass perfect shot.. no wonder their shooting % is so high.. they refuse to shoot unless it’s a perfect chance -.-

That was the problem. Not X and O's.  

No one to blame except on the players.  Coach need to take the whip out if he hasn't yet.  Nice talk can only go so far.  

All I can say is that this line-up doesn't work.  Try to find a better line combination and work on PP with new lines.  They are hesitant shooting, not even urgency with extra attacker situation.  They are great at passing around but not quick to get shot off with clear resolve.   Sometimes passing one second too late for any open even if he was open for better angle and one second too late when D come closer.  It has been an issue for a while now.  Also I saw the video of the practice, I am also agreeing with what the coach has said, their mentality during practice does carry over to games.   Hopefully that they snap out of it and have a great practice for once.   Cole does need to sit for a game or two to reset his mentality.

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I get that the Caps are fighting for their playoff lives but I figured we'd crush them

They're a team we probably should have beat

At this time of the year, you can barely beat other teams (good or bad) without playing with urgency & desperation. We have been cruising along pretty much all season long, playing with early lead, systems and shutting down opponents in the 3rd.  That actually worked pretty well until the ASB.

And guess what, that's not enough now. All the other teams are playing desperately going to the playoffs or not. The pacing ramped up and so did intensity. If they think just getting back to whatever they've been doing before will put them back on the winning ways, they are seriously mistaken.

It scares the shit out of me thinking what will happen if we lose Miller in the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Teams securely in the playoffs losing to teams scratching and clawing to get in is a tale old as time. 

At least they’re aware they need to change that now rather than later. The sky isn’t falling. 

smut-will-fall-from-the-sky-the-naked-di

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Agreed but he gets a pass.

hes been driving the bus all year. 

We flat out sucked tonight.

I’m confident we’ll get rolling again. Only a few games ago we swept Cali and Vegas 

Definitely, he was just trying to do too much, but boy was he a giveaway machine tonight.

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 3

16 minutes ago, 27 Percent said:

Podkolzin is who I always thought he was. A less skilled David booth.

Initially upvoted but nah, he might be a reasonable third liner. Maybe he can be a bit gritty? We will see.

8 hours ago, stawns said:

Millers worst game of the year, hands down 

He was one of the best players out there. He played physical, as always.

A couple of his passes missed, one wasn't his fault but yeah...he was engaged. Won faceoffs. Had a couple of chances.

Hands down is a little exaggerated. He didn't slay it but, by no means, was he terrible out there. He maybe tries to do too much when others aren't contributing...but usually that's what keeps us in games. His level of play. Can't do it all himself so it may be glaring to some when he isn't.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

If I were to be nit picky about this roster, aside from the obvious needs like a top 6 winger or depth D, I’d say the balance of personalities is a little off. You need different personalities for different situations. 

When the team is protecting a lead and trying to calm things down, we need guys like Lindholm, Blueger, Mikheyev, etc. However, when we need to dial the temperature up, we need more guys like Miller, Joshua and Zadorov.

As a whole, we don’t have enough guys like Joshua and Zadorov who carry themselves with swagger and dial the temperature up. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1