[PGT] Capitals at Canucks

1 minute ago, Kanagan said:

I dunno if I agree with all this, but I'd prefer that he signed up for 8 years than some.

Three years tops for DJ, imo.  If he can get a better deal elsewhere, more power to him.  Lots of cheap DJ's out there 

19 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

It was ugly, practice, practice and get back to the simple hard game. This is where the homestand can help. Maybe shexy silovs time vs buffs

Hate say this, but I'm starting to think maybe the long homestand and plenty of rests are doing more harm than good to this team.

Or they are tired from finally having all the practice days... I don't know anymore.

Just now, stawns said:

Three years tops for DJ, imo.  If he can get a better deal elsewhere, more power to him.  Lots of cheap DJ's out there 

Well sure, 3 years is almost always preferable.

• Cheers 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

Teams aren't always on and you have to keep it all in perspective. 

Getting emotional because they've had some less than stellar games? Happens. Part of hockey.

Words like "epic choke job" ARE emotional. Take it in stride, it's easier. They're fine, they'll be fine. They're not firing on all cylinders right now but they certainly have the ability to.

You misunderstand. I'm not denying that I get emotional about games. If you met me, I'm like textbook definition of fanatic. I don't get upset when they give an honest effort and just get beat but when they just don't show up it gets on my nerves. I feel terrible for the fans in the building. My good friend went down from PG tonight with his wife and two young kids for their first live NHL game and were treated to this? That's disrespectful.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

Give caps some credit.  They all back checked really hard and blocked tons of shots.  At the end of the day, they wanted this W much more than Nux and it showed.  

Still.4 0r 5 shots for the Canucks in the 2nd priod

1 minute ago, stawns said:

oh but no....he is reaching another level. Time will tell.

15 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Oh wow....I've been to games (took my son for part of his Christmas present) and we lost 5-0. Not even a goal to cheer about.

This doesn't come CLOSE. We've had some dark times and to compare this is kind of silly in my opinion.

Old habits looked like they crept in for long periods tonight and it’s concerning but they still have 12 games or so to address it and correct it. 
 Definitely not the worst game though and I agree with an earlier post I saw you put up with Miller giving it hard, he bobbled the puck a couple times…. But guaranteed if he popped a couple in people wouldn’t leave those crappy comments about him. I thought his level of compete and his drive was high tonight even if he had no puck luck and a couple bobbles. 

One thing I did notice though, is I think the D is better with Juulson in and Myers out. 

I think the team will get a boost from Joshua returning either the next game or the game after.  🤞🏻 

Edited by Northern_Nuck
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

My kid is somehow an Edmonton fan… so he made us watch the OT, I was impressed with the battles between mackinnon and Mcdavid, pretty fun to watch that caliber of players go head to head when you’re not really invested in either side. 

I enjoy watching them too... as long as I don't have to keep thinking about our highest-paid player is playing nowhere near that kind of caliber. 😥

• Like 1

1 minute ago, distantandvague said:

Let's hope Demko really is back within a month. This team is crap without him. 

Demko's not the problem (not that I don't want him back ASAP)

Just now, distantandvague said:

Let's hope Demko really is back within a month. This team is crap without him. 

Demko can’t score goals… Desmith had a good game tonight. But even Demko would have a hard time winning with only 1 goal support. 

• Vintage 1

Bad icing call was the turning point.

Canucks should have been better mentally to not lose their minds after the 1st goal against. With that sloppy play, you could see the 2nd goal coming a mile away.

• Cheers 2