[PGT] Capitals at Canucks

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Teams aren't always on and you have to keep it all in perspective. 

Getting emotional because they've had some less than stellar games? Happens. Part of hockey.

Words like "epic choke job" ARE emotional. Take it in stride, it's easier. They're fine, they'll be fine. They're not firing on all cylinders right now but they certainly have the ability to. And have shown that. 

People are SO quick to turn on them. It's kind of sad to me. 

Most are realists and understand the ebbs and flows that a beyond challenging 82 game season presents to all teams and all players. Do not let the select few that have no idea how hard it is to have the endurance and strength physically and mentally to maintain the perfection they expect every game get you sad. Feel sad for them if anything.   

• Like 2

They all aren’t Savard to LaFleur games. Over the next 15 games I don’t mind the team going through a little adversity. If they hit a bottom and build back into playoffs it will prep them well. Back in the day Bowman, it seemed, always had a dry stretch before playoffs started. He usually had one player he went after, most the time Terry Harper. Harper would get mad and have a great playoff. Canucks have played a lot of good hockey this season. They have all the talent to go deep. Maybe a bit of self doubt has crept in. Like I said they will play their way out of it. 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

You think this is a Cup winning team?

No because they signed Petterson instead of using the 12 million to sign a real star. That would was all we needed. I am not going to come to terms with this easily.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, 1-d said:

At this time of the year, you can barely beat other teams (good or bad) without playing with urgency & desperation. We have been cruising along pretty much all season long, playing with early lead, systems and shutting down opponents in the 3rd.  That actually worked pretty well until the ASB.

And guess what, that's not enough now. All the other teams are playing desperately going to the playoffs or not. The pacing ramped up and so did intensity. If they think just getting back to whatever they've been doing before will put them back on the winning ways, they are seriously mistaken.

It scares the shit out of me thinking what will happen if we lose Miller in the playoffs. 

Other teams are finding ways to elevate their game, for sure, and teams will be looking to play spoiler going forward

Players have pride, there will be no easy games, we'll see of the boys can also elevate their game 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What surgery?

I dunno apparently being in the race for first in the league requires surgery.

I would say only a couple moves need to be made but sure surgery. 😂

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Vancan said:

Most are realists and understand the ebbs and flows that a beyond challenging 82 game season presents to all teams and all players. Do not let the select few that have no idea how hard it is to have the endurance and strength physically and mentally to maintain the perfection they expect every game get you sad. Feel sad for them if anything.   

9 wins and 10 losses since All Star break. Apologists running wild around here.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

WHAT SURGERY?

Well, they need to improve their top 6, find some secondary scoring, especially a 3C and they need to upgrade their dcorp and improve their special teams.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Demko can’t score goals… Desmith had a good game tonight. But even Demko would have a hard time winning with only 1 goal support. 

FIne. This team is crap without Demko and Joshua haha. It's going to be a quick playoff exit. 

2 minutes ago, distantandvague said:

FIne. This team is crap without Demko and Joshua haha. It's going to be a quick playoff exit. 

If old habits continue to creep in, I agree. Tocchet is a good coach, I think it’ll get addressed and they might get hot at the right time. 

Edited by Northern_Nuck

Just now, Northern_Nuck said:

If old habits continue to creep in, I agree. Tocchet us a good coach, I think it’ll get addressed and they might get hot at the right time. 

They've been playing this way since the all-star break and he hasn't really done anything except talk, imo

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Well, they need to improve their top 6, find some secondary scoring, especially a 3C and they need to upgrade their dcorp and improve their special teams.

I agree the top 6 needs some tweaks. Mikheyev and Suter should not be there.

Blueger centered one of the best third lines in the league for most of the season though.

And as far as the D core goes I don’t really see much of an issue. If they can get Hronek locked in at a reasonable cap, Myers returns on the cheap, and Coles money goes to Zadorov they’ll be fine. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

9 wins and 10 losses since All Star break. Apologists running wild around here.

This record could be result in a conference final exit 😉

Round 1: 4-3 win

Round 2: 4-3 win

Round 3: 1-4 loss

That would be an awesome some after so many dark years.

Stay positiv guys

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You mean the team that’s 5th in the league in GF/game? Try harder bud. 

He doesn’t have to try to much harder. That was for a good portion of the first half of the season. Last 25 games haven’t been great. It’s been very inconsistent. Suter’s and Mik’s numbers don’t lie. They have been awful in the top 6. We basically have 4/6 top six forwards. Miller, Boeser, Petey has been blah lately, Hoglander but who really has been dangerous after this. They aren’t even playing Hoglander on the pp. our top six isn’t good enough. The numbers support this.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Haha 1