[PGT] Capitals at Canucks

Just now, Pears said:

May I point your attention to our recent 1-5-1 skid that we followed up with 4 in a row with 3 of those wins coming against LA/Vegas/Winnipeg? Or does that go against the narrative you're trying to push? 

I didn't create the narrative. The Canucks did with their losing record since the all star break. LA/Vegas/WPG is the statistical outlier here.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Blind optimism doesn't seem like a typical German trait haha

Blind optimism?

No, take a lock at the standings, at the last 5 games and at the record against playoff teams.

Yes, a 1st round exit could happen but also a deep run.

Thats the possibility for every team in the playoffs.

Edited by German Canuck

43 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Avs win it with a second left in OT.

Champion caliber team play to the final second.  Nux got another level to go.  

Better find that level before the playoffs begin. They won't have much time to figure it out in the first round.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He needs to be taking over games and cracking ankles. He ain’t doing it. 

No argument there. 

He's also getting the focus of the other team too, that's not insignificant 

• Vintage 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

No you’re basing it off a couple losses.

You’re part of the group on here that can’t seem to handle any adversity and wanna make bold projections during rough patches every time. It’s annoying really.

Feel free to block. No one cares. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Nope most people would rather talk about the current season than the offseason right now.

You’re the one that self aggrandizes every time the team loses by patting yourself on the back because you think it means your assessment of the team was correct.

Just watch we'll go something like 5-1 or 4-2 over the remaining 6 games of this home stand and posters like stawns will be nowhere to be found. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Nope most people would rather talk about the current season than the offseason right now.

You’re the one that self aggrandizes every time the team loses by patting yourself on the back because you think it means your assessment of the team was correct.

So who's stopping you?  I didn't ask you to talk about it.  Its not a rule, you don't have to discuss it

Just now, Pears said:

Just watch we'll go something like 5-1 or 4-2 over the remaining 6 games of this home stand and posters like stawns will be nowhere to be found. 

Imagine being this insecure?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Pears said:

How can I be insecure when you've proven this to be the case throughout this season?

I'm not here to defend stawns, trust me, but you've got some confirmation bias happening up in your dome. He's here consistently, win or lose, and he's consistent with what he says.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Pears said:

How can I be insecure when you've proven this to be the case throughout this season?

By having discussions and sticking to my guns from day one and not personally insulting people.  I've been on the Canucks forum for over 20 years, I'm pretty secure in my fandom.  

Imagine being so insecure that you have to insult others to make myself feel better.  That must be a terrible feeling

1 minute ago, stawns said:

By having discussions and sticking to my guns from day one and not personally insulting people.  I've been on the Canucks forum for over 20 years, I'm pretty secure in my fandom.  

Imagine being so insecure that you have to insult others to make myself feel better.  That must be a terrible feeling

Imagine thinking anything that what I've said is an insult. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Imagine thinking anything that what I've said is an insult. 

You specifically mentioned me.  All good though, that's just the kind of person you are I guess.  It takes all kinds

1 minute ago, Jatt Sharabi said:

This team ain't winning anything this yr. Lindholm was a terrible trade.

I think that was a reasonable gamble as they didn't really give up anything significant.  The things Lindholm brings to the table will be very valuable in the playoffs

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

I think that was a reasonable gamble as they didn't really give up anything significant.  The things Lindholm brings to the table will be very valuable in the playoffs

You're hoping he will provide something but the truth is, it's Loui Erickson all over again... It's looking that way anyways 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jatt Sharabi said:

You're hoping he will provide something but the truth is, it's Loui Erickson all over again... It's looking that way anyways 

LE didn't win critical faceoffs if I remember correctly 

• Haha 1